Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Blossom Gene with New Breed
1 2
So the new breed has Blossom, which makes for the third breed out of nine to do so! I’m curious to think whether folks think it’s almost time for a slight drop increase to pretty pink mums. I love blossom and I know it’s a popular gene, but I do also like having ‘rarer’ swipp genes that take a while to work for.

What do you guys think? If we continue to keep seeing ancients get blossom (ie: new breeds, or gene expansions) do you think we might need a mums drop rate? The gene will probably be a little more expensive to acquire right now because of new breed hype, but that usually calms down eventually. Or do you like the rarity as is? Curious to hear your thoughts.
So the new breed has Blossom, which makes for the third breed out of nine to do so! I’m curious to think whether folks think it’s almost time for a slight drop increase to pretty pink mums. I love blossom and I know it’s a popular gene, but I do also like having ‘rarer’ swipp genes that take a while to work for.

What do you guys think? If we continue to keep seeing ancients get blossom (ie: new breeds, or gene expansions) do you think we might need a mums drop rate? The gene will probably be a little more expensive to acquire right now because of new breed hype, but that usually calms down eventually. Or do you like the rarity as is? Curious to hear your thoughts.
xulc4O8.png
i just kind of view blossom as a gem gene personally because i know i could never have the patience to grind for the mums.
my only opinion right now tho, is why did dusthides get blossom on release but auraboas didn't... i was still in nature when they were released and i'm still sad about it
i just kind of view blossom as a gem gene personally because i know i could never have the patience to grind for the mums.
my only opinion right now tho, is why did dusthides get blossom on release but auraboas didn't... i was still in nature when they were released and i'm still sad about it
CPMK3ES.gif Dg3u2u3.png bumble
advAsr3.png non-binary
he/him or
xey/xem
@bubbaberriboo
W0PfjfV.png strawberry
Blossom is super frustrating to get and I think the comments section on the Pretty Pink Mums game database gets that across very clearly - especially the ones detailing just how many gathering turns it takes to get all 20. They're so rare that I think they rival *actual* gem genes in price if you were to buy the mums outright. I have two Dusthides I will need Blossom for and I'm already dreading grinding out the mums for it because it took several months to get Blossom for my dragonsona [emoji=dusthide deadpan size=1]
Blossom is super frustrating to get and I think the comments section on the Pretty Pink Mums game database gets that across very clearly - especially the ones detailing just how many gathering turns it takes to get all 20. They're so rare that I think they rival *actual* gem genes in price if you were to buy the mums outright. I have two Dusthides I will need Blossom for and I'm already dreading grinding out the mums for it because it took several months to get Blossom for my dragonsona
fenris | he/fae | fr+2
YrFhM5E.pngTHh9Xzq.pngYrFhM5E.png
I think Gathering is supposed to get some kind of revamp once the recode/refactor is wrapped up. Maybe that'll help.
I think Gathering is supposed to get some kind of revamp once the recode/refactor is wrapped up. Maybe that'll help.
Everyone needs blossom!!!
Everyone needs blossom!!!
CDZsGNI.pngyEMmEQl.png 88123317.png
I think having a Swipp gene that players have to work hard to aquire is a fine thing, but I'd agree the drop rate needs to increase. The purpose of having a gene is for players to be able to use it. Pretty Pink Mums are so rare that Blossom is virtually inaccessible for all but the most dedicated players. I've had several Blossom scries that I loved, and I threw them out as possiblities even as I was making them. (Frankly I avoid scrying with it to begin with.) Note, I've been here since 2017; I'm easily within the "older player base" that Blossom is targeted at.

I don't think the rarity of the drop needs to go down too much, since it's not a bad thing to have something players have to work for. But I also don't think it's fair for players to have to spend all their gathering turns on Ice Foraging for a quarter to half year for one Blossom scroll. I go back to the other Swipp scrolls when it comes to this; Branches takes a lot of grinding to get enough petals for it, but it's achievable within a month (or shorter if you're willing to do a lot of Blooming Grove grinding). It's the same case with other Swipp scrolls. Maybe Blossom could be a little harder to get, but it really needs to be closer to that level, imo.
I think having a Swipp gene that players have to work hard to aquire is a fine thing, but I'd agree the drop rate needs to increase. The purpose of having a gene is for players to be able to use it. Pretty Pink Mums are so rare that Blossom is virtually inaccessible for all but the most dedicated players. I've had several Blossom scries that I loved, and I threw them out as possiblities even as I was making them. (Frankly I avoid scrying with it to begin with.) Note, I've been here since 2017; I'm easily within the "older player base" that Blossom is targeted at.

I don't think the rarity of the drop needs to go down too much, since it's not a bad thing to have something players have to work for. But I also don't think it's fair for players to have to spend all their gathering turns on Ice Foraging for a quarter to half year for one Blossom scroll. I go back to the other Swipp scrolls when it comes to this; Branches takes a lot of grinding to get enough petals for it, but it's achievable within a month (or shorter if you're willing to do a lot of Blooming Grove grinding). It's the same case with other Swipp scrolls. Maybe Blossom could be a little harder to get, but it really needs to be closer to that level, imo.
rowanhart ~ she/her ~ windy

zS7zdCY.pngSiu8EQv.png mTFU87v.png
___
VgQr1kz.png
oX8CbtU9_o.png 2NHNerQ.gif
I don't mind the factor of having to work to get something as it gives me something to do, but yeah I have like 3-4 scries that would look great with Blossom, and 2 that are a must. Unfortunately for me. Plus gathering turns are capped daily.
I'm definitely in the older player base as a 2014-er but this still manages to be pretty unattainable at the moment!
I don't mind the factor of having to work to get something as it gives me something to do, but yeah I have like 3-4 scries that would look great with Blossom, and 2 that are a must. Unfortunately for me. Plus gathering turns are capped daily.
I'm definitely in the older player base as a 2014-er but this still manages to be pretty unattainable at the moment!
65d976aaca38aa0652d6a6bdf8831a59ecf03774.gif
maybe instead of increasing the gathering drop rate, adding it as a drop to a coli enemy like the Preserved Petals are for branches would be better for balancing?
part of the frustrating thing about gathering only items is that it’s capped to how much you can do a day but adding an item as a drop to the coli means the only cap is how long you are able to spend grinding for it
maybe instead of increasing the gathering drop rate, adding it as a drop to a coli enemy like the Preserved Petals are for branches would be better for balancing?
part of the frustrating thing about gathering only items is that it’s capped to how much you can do a day but adding an item as a drop to the coli means the only cap is how long you are able to spend grinding for it
D9XjOpZ.jpg
Yes, please. A thousand times, please, yes.

Accidentally wasting (Which was my own fault, but that does not make it suck any less severely) the Blossom parchment I got right before Dusthide release, which I finally got after using at least SIX MONTHS' WORTH of Gathering turns for the purpose (over a longer time, owing to Fest weeks where I moved for the week) and finally breaking down to buy the last few of these dratted flowers..... Felt a kind of awful I have never before experienced on this site.

And understand, when I say that, that I did not think anything on this silly site could leave me feeling more discouraged than when I scry some of my Multi-Gaze projects with linebreaking terts. I am not someone having my first rodeo of unhappiness with how things work. But, this scroll was some serious competition for that feeling even before what I mentioned made it worse. (And before I realized a character-dragon Dusthide scry would need Blossom. Oh, it stings.)

I would actually rather give an Eliminate to Crim than do this grind again, and that would still be around 60% less expensive than buying mums was before the new breed dropped. Buying them does not really fix the problem, as I also learned with that recent scroll - it only makes me feel rotten for people who end up buying these with NO other alternative, simply because their RNG is dreadful and their patience (honestly, 50% that and stubbornness) is less than my own.

Yes, please. A thousand times, please, yes.

Accidentally wasting (Which was my own fault, but that does not make it suck any less severely) the Blossom parchment I got right before Dusthide release, which I finally got after using at least SIX MONTHS' WORTH of Gathering turns for the purpose (over a longer time, owing to Fest weeks where I moved for the week) and finally breaking down to buy the last few of these dratted flowers..... Felt a kind of awful I have never before experienced on this site.

And understand, when I say that, that I did not think anything on this silly site could leave me feeling more discouraged than when I scry some of my Multi-Gaze projects with linebreaking terts. I am not someone having my first rodeo of unhappiness with how things work. But, this scroll was some serious competition for that feeling even before what I mentioned made it worse. (And before I realized a character-dragon Dusthide scry would need Blossom. Oh, it stings.)

I would actually rather give an Eliminate to Crim than do this grind again, and that would still be around 60% less expensive than buying mums was before the new breed dropped. Buying them does not really fix the problem, as I also learned with that recent scroll - it only makes me feel rotten for people who end up buying these with NO other alternative, simply because their RNG is dreadful and their patience (honestly, 50% that and stubbornness) is less than my own.

I'm in the Every Breed Gets Blossom camp. However.... I'm unsure how I feel about the mum situation. On one hand. It is a royal pain in the butt. On the other I tend to gather them fairly frequently and don't often have many active blossom projects at a time so they're a good source of income. And I'm speaking from the position of having done SEVERAL blossom projects at this point, multiple pairs.

I like the challenge and I think having things to work towards is a good thing. I kinda feel like we should have more challenging things like it honestly. I feel like if there is another source introduced it should be a rarer drop in a later higher coli level. That way there's an alternative for folks, but the market doesn't get flooded.

My main frustration with blossom and other similar genes isn't necessarily the difficulty of acquiring the ingredients but rather the wait for Swipp to decide he wants to trade for it after you've got them all- which can take several days. It just feels like an extra unneeded step that kinda puts salt in the wound after you've so worked hard to get the things. You got the stuff and you just wanna hand them in asap and be done with it and he's over here dawdling over some shoes or a dog. Y'know?
I'm in the Every Breed Gets Blossom camp. However.... I'm unsure how I feel about the mum situation. On one hand. It is a royal pain in the butt. On the other I tend to gather them fairly frequently and don't often have many active blossom projects at a time so they're a good source of income. And I'm speaking from the position of having done SEVERAL blossom projects at this point, multiple pairs.

I like the challenge and I think having things to work towards is a good thing. I kinda feel like we should have more challenging things like it honestly. I feel like if there is another source introduced it should be a rarer drop in a later higher coli level. That way there's an alternative for folks, but the market doesn't get flooded.

My main frustration with blossom and other similar genes isn't necessarily the difficulty of acquiring the ingredients but rather the wait for Swipp to decide he wants to trade for it after you've got them all- which can take several days. It just feels like an extra unneeded step that kinda puts salt in the wound after you've so worked hard to get the things. You got the stuff and you just wanna hand them in asap and be done with it and he's over here dawdling over some shoes or a dog. Y'know?
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
1 2