Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ...Dissapointed w/ the Dusthides
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
[quote name="JadeJester22" date="2024-04-17 11:43:02" ] Earth now has three breeds. Dusthides had basically impossible standards. [/quote] impossible compared to what if you dont mind me asking? -- yeah these guys kinda just register to me as naked nocturnes.
JadeJester22 wrote on 2024-04-17 11:43:02:
Earth now has three breeds. Dusthides had basically impossible standards.
impossible compared to what if you dont mind me asking?
--
yeah these guys kinda just register to me as naked nocturnes.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
i hateeee their heads. i wish they were bulkier/ had low-set heads/ thick necks if that makes sense?? their necks and heads are just so weird. i do like their claw feet and tails. but they just sort of look unfinished to me. (also.. antlers? dont get me wrong, cool gene, i love the mane. but imagine trying to curl into a ball with those lol. owch!)
i hateeee their heads. i wish they were bulkier/ had low-set heads/ thick necks if that makes sense?? their necks and heads are just so weird. i do like their claw feet and tails. but they just sort of look unfinished to me. (also.. antlers? dont get me wrong, cool gene, i love the mane. but imagine trying to curl into a ball with those lol. owch!)
My only issues are the wings. Without them, this breed would looks so much more unique.
My only issues are the wings. Without them, this breed would looks so much more unique.
Your Friendly Neighbor
he / him | artist | +9h to FR time

> Elemental Dragons
> Travel Log
> Free Adoptable Bases
Ayz7edx.png
[quote name="Seraitsukara" date="2024-04-17 11:36:54" ] For all the restrictions removed for ancient design, they sure do like to stick to those rules still.... I like them, but as an ancient, theyre dissapointing. I was hoping the 4 legs and 2 wings type would be an outlier among ancients, not the norm. Why arent they being more creative? [/quote] Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't have apparel was that their tails, lack of ears and hands are just kinda weird for apparel. And like... I'm not sure about that, like, look at snappers. I guess it does feel like they made dusthides ancients for no reason, really. We have two other breeds without horns and one of those breeds doesn't even have ears.. so I dunno what the excuse is except for the fact they curl up. I still like them, though!
Seraitsukara wrote on 2024-04-17 11:36:54:
For all the restrictions removed for ancient design, they sure do like to stick to those rules still.... I like them, but as an ancient, theyre dissapointing. I was hoping the 4 legs and 2 wings type would be an outlier among ancients, not the norm. Why arent they being more creative?
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't have apparel was that their tails, lack of ears and hands are just kinda weird for apparel. And like... I'm not sure about that, like, look at snappers.

I guess it does feel like they made dusthides ancients for no reason, really. We have two other breeds without horns and one of those breeds doesn't even have ears.. so I dunno what the excuse is except for the fact they curl up.

I still like them, though!
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
I definitely agree that they're unoriginal, it reallly feeels like these guys could have beeen a modern. Always exciting to get a new breeed, but these guys don't seeem like an ancient breeed, I might even go as far as to say they're worse than Gaolers in this respect

The linebreaking terts are neat and alll, but I don't think there's anything about it that reallly justifies it as an ancient. If you'd just shown a picture to me before the release I'd have thought it was a new modern. I reallly wish there was a bit more uniquenesss in the silhouettte to justify their ancient status
I definitely agree that they're unoriginal, it reallly feeels like these guys could have beeen a modern. Always exciting to get a new breeed, but these guys don't seeem like an ancient breeed, I might even go as far as to say they're worse than Gaolers in this respect

The linebreaking terts are neat and alll, but I don't think there's anything about it that reallly justifies it as an ancient. If you'd just shown a picture to me before the release I'd have thought it was a new modern. I reallly wish there was a bit more uniquenesss in the silhouettte to justify their ancient status
3cfd76cef7c18c67807bba6438d0d1c0eea46682.png Stilll don't know what to put here...

Skin Shop

Wishlist!
Click on my children
[
I like them with the linebreaking terts, but thats the thing, it SHOULDNT look so simple and incomplete without a linebreaking tert. It looks like they were going with a look then decided the safe route face wise. It looks SO out of place. The baby pose, I fail to see the "cuteness" of it when the proportions are so WEIRD and every part of the body looks out of place. It was so close to something actually original that I cant help but feel dissapointed. Will wait until fully gened ones are available to get one. The default look should have been with that rocky tertiary.
I like them with the linebreaking terts, but thats the thing, it SHOULDNT look so simple and incomplete without a linebreaking tert. It looks like they were going with a look then decided the safe route face wise. It looks SO out of place. The baby pose, I fail to see the "cuteness" of it when the proportions are so WEIRD and every part of the body looks out of place. It was so close to something actually original that I cant help but feel dissapointed. Will wait until fully gened ones are available to get one. The default look should have been with that rocky tertiary.
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
thrilled they have sailfish/marlin, but i'm REALLY not sure about the rest of them. they're so...... smooth... and i don't just mean that they're bald, which they obviously ARE, but that their arms/legs and wings seem totally textureless to me. and the sloth toes are kind of,,, really not my favorite lmao

i wasn't super excited for them in the first place so i set myself up for sort-of-success, but still... i definitely understand why people aren't into them

edit: i can't help but compare every ancient release to aberrations, because the aberrations are unbelievably cool AND they're a treasure breed. when i saw the announcement for these guys my first thought was "oh, they're lame" followed shortly by "if they're a gem breed i'll never even look at them." idk maybe they'll get glimmer or beard or something
thrilled they have sailfish/marlin, but i'm REALLY not sure about the rest of them. they're so...... smooth... and i don't just mean that they're bald, which they obviously ARE, but that their arms/legs and wings seem totally textureless to me. and the sloth toes are kind of,,, really not my favorite lmao

i wasn't super excited for them in the first place so i set myself up for sort-of-success, but still... i definitely understand why people aren't into them

edit: i can't help but compare every ancient release to aberrations, because the aberrations are unbelievably cool AND they're a treasure breed. when i saw the announcement for these guys my first thought was "oh, they're lame" followed shortly by "if they're a gem breed i'll never even look at them." idk maybe they'll get glimmer or beard or something
iPGPQmt.gif xx agheful
fr +2
saga hwæt ic hatte
I thought it would be kind of like a centipede, with many legs. I do like the legs and the tail, they are quite creative.
I thought it would be kind of like a centipede, with many legs. I do like the legs and the tail, they are quite creative.
:D :D :D
For somebody who loves earthy dragons and thick armored strong dergs, I'm pretty sad that they're this simple and basic. Looks like they're missing something to really tie the design together.

They look too much like a modern for an ancient too. Two wings, four legs, one tail... not even manes like Obelisks have, which would be harder to fit apparel on than these guys!
For somebody who loves earthy dragons and thick armored strong dergs, I'm pretty sad that they're this simple and basic. Looks like they're missing something to really tie the design together.

They look too much like a modern for an ancient too. Two wings, four legs, one tail... not even manes like Obelisks have, which would be harder to fit apparel on than these guys!
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
[quote name="Seraitsukara" date="2024-04-17 11:36:54" ] Why arent they being more creative? [/quote] i find myself asking this of a lot of new releases lately lol, not just dragons. personally i think the dusthides are fine, but i wasn't hoping for anything in particular so i am neither over- nor underwhelmed. i don't have anything negative to say except i agree the whole "ancients have no restrictions" thing isn't being used to its full potential.
Seraitsukara wrote on 2024-04-17 11:36:54:
Why arent they being more creative?
i find myself asking this of a lot of new releases lately lol, not just dragons.

personally i think the dusthides are fine, but i wasn't hoping for anything in particular so i am neither over- nor underwhelmed. i don't have anything negative to say except i agree the whole "ancients have no restrictions" thing isn't being used to its full potential.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32