Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mobile app and/or Mobile-friendly site?
1 2 3 4
still having a horrible time with some features, still would like better mobile compatibility
still having a horrible time with some features, still would like better mobile compatibility
Professional Grump

I live for memes
While think we do need more mobile-compatible features, i don't think we need a whole app.
While think we do need more mobile-compatible features, i don't think we need a whole app.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
I think an app would be incredible if the creators had the ability to devote themselves to it, it would be a labor of love that I just dont think can be afforded right now. If theres a kickstarter campaign for a flight rising app I would send my money for sure.

In the meantime a more mobile friendly web browser would be amazing, its difficult to navigate this site on my phone but not impossible.
I think an app would be incredible if the creators had the ability to devote themselves to it, it would be a labor of love that I just dont think can be afforded right now. If theres a kickstarter campaign for a flight rising app I would send my money for sure.

In the meantime a more mobile friendly web browser would be amazing, its difficult to navigate this site on my phone but not impossible.
fBVWC4D.pnguPOLOvt.pngnWiQNX9.pngJ7D1quC.png3adgzZD.pngA4CLXPb.gif
No support, I don't think it's going to happen unless they have the manpower to do another Kickstarter, server costs and in real time to do it. If they decide to proceed, they will just simply present the Flight Rising website disguised as an app, effectively redirecting you to the same content you access when visiting the FR website on your phone. The website's heavy use of images will probably impact your data usage, particularly due to the storage of most dragons as 350x350px PNG images, scenes, vistas, 1000+ familiars, etc.

Implementing this change would place a greater burden on the backend team, including those who have been involved in its development. Since many fairground games are outsourced in other countries (as indicated in the games credits), they'll need to contact with these teams and start from scratch

The website is already mobile-friendly, although I'm unsure about its compatibility with iPads, tablets and iPhones. The primary limitation lies in the coliseum and fairground games, where I rapidly spam 'A' to eliminate enemies for loot. Other fairground games rely on the utilization of a keyboard and mouse for maximum efficiency. However, they can still be played on mobile devices, which is great but playing them on mobile will be tedious.

Nevertheless, there's still a room for further improvement in terms of mobile usability
No support, I don't think it's going to happen unless they have the manpower to do another Kickstarter, server costs and in real time to do it. If they decide to proceed, they will just simply present the Flight Rising website disguised as an app, effectively redirecting you to the same content you access when visiting the FR website on your phone. The website's heavy use of images will probably impact your data usage, particularly due to the storage of most dragons as 350x350px PNG images, scenes, vistas, 1000+ familiars, etc.

Implementing this change would place a greater burden on the backend team, including those who have been involved in its development. Since many fairground games are outsourced in other countries (as indicated in the games credits), they'll need to contact with these teams and start from scratch

The website is already mobile-friendly, although I'm unsure about its compatibility with iPads, tablets and iPhones. The primary limitation lies in the coliseum and fairground games, where I rapidly spam 'A' to eliminate enemies for loot. Other fairground games rely on the utilization of a keyboard and mouse for maximum efficiency. However, they can still be played on mobile devices, which is great but playing them on mobile will be tedious.

Nevertheless, there's still a room for further improvement in terms of mobile usability
ujVbzz7.pngFsnH6jW.pngfdgErFJ.png
KSi54qD.gif
I have no doubt a mobile-friendly version of this site may be in the works in the future, dunno when though. support in the meantime because it's so much slower to navigate and do site activities on mobile the way things are now and a more streamlined version would help immensely
I have no doubt a mobile-friendly version of this site may be in the works in the future, dunno when though. support in the meantime because it's so much slower to navigate and do site activities on mobile the way things are now and a more streamlined version would help immensely
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2023-08-30 09:13:57" ] I have no doubt a mobile-friendly version of this site may be in the works in the future, dunno when though. support in the meantime because it's so much slower to navigate and do site activities on mobile the way things are now and a more streamlined version would help immensely [/quote] I think something that would help a lot with streamlining and making the main site more mobile friendly would be to cut down on the various pop up windows. Like, I completely understand the usage, each window has a specific end result condition that is essential to the user interaction, but it also causes lots of page reloads, server strain and general data consumption. Having more in line indicators, like a color change indication or a mini menu drop, which would already be fully loaded on the page and not need a pop up at all, would move a great deal towards making the site easier to use on mobile.
ShiningLatios wrote on 2023-08-30 09:13:57:

I think something that would help a lot with streamlining and making the main site more mobile friendly would be to cut down on the various pop up windows. Like, I completely understand the usage, each window has a specific end result condition that is essential to the user interaction, but it also causes lots of page reloads, server strain and general data consumption.
Having more in line indicators, like a color change indication or a mini menu drop, which would already be fully loaded on the page and not need a pop up at all, would move a great deal towards making the site easier to use on mobile.
My goal in life is to be unapologetically myself as much as possible. Cringe before me, Mortals.
Bumping this. I would reeealy like a mobile friendly version of this site. I am having trouble zoom ND being able to move the screen. The site lags so bad, even just typing this is a pain, as the screen is zoomed in and I can't zoom out, so I can't see my whole post before submitting it.
Bumping this. I would reeealy like a mobile friendly version of this site. I am having trouble zoom ND being able to move the screen. The site lags so bad, even just typing this is a pain, as the screen is zoomed in and I can't zoom out, so I can't see my whole post before submitting it.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
I'll bump as well. I'm in the process of a lot of travelling and desktop isn't feasible right now. A mobile optimized site would be amazing and would allow me to keep up with dailies instead of ignoring them.
I'll bump as well. I'm in the process of a lot of travelling and desktop isn't feasible right now. A mobile optimized site would be amazing and would allow me to keep up with dailies instead of ignoring them.
2qkpb88.jpg
Not sure if fr even needs an app, but making the site more mobile friendly would be nice. There are actually css rules that only affect smaller screens and mobile devices, so there shouldn't be too much worry about that kind of development affecting the desktop version too much, but I'm not keen on the html side of websites... I'm bad at writing it.
Not sure if fr even needs an app, but making the site more mobile friendly would be nice. There are actually css rules that only affect smaller screens and mobile devices, so there shouldn't be too much worry about that kind of development affecting the desktop version too much, but I'm not keen on the html side of websites... I'm bad at writing it.
Omenwyrm.gifzoaWhi5.gifVOf0Fq0.gif
Support for a responsive site. I'm not looking to use every single function of FR on mobile (games, coliseum, etc.), but it would be fantastic if we could use basic features without so much hassle (dailies, AH, scrying, etc.).

I wouldn't be opposed to an app, for the record, I just question the practicality of such a huge undertaking. I'd be quite happy if I could simply browse dragons for sale on my lunch break. :)
Support for a responsive site. I'm not looking to use every single function of FR on mobile (games, coliseum, etc.), but it would be fantastic if we could use basic features without so much hassle (dailies, AH, scrying, etc.).

I wouldn't be opposed to an app, for the record, I just question the practicality of such a huge undertaking. I'd be quite happy if I could simply browse dragons for sale on my lunch break. :)
1 2 3 4