Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do your cats play fetch?
1 2 3
When Salem was a kitten he'd play fetch. But not anymore. Now his favorite game is find something small like a Q-tip and run around the house with it in his mouth. Both he and his sister like to bat toys around the floor and throw them into the air too.
When Salem was a kitten he'd play fetch. But not anymore. Now his favorite game is find something small like a Q-tip and run around the house with it in his mouth. Both he and his sister like to bat toys around the floor and throw them into the air too.
one of my cats boo does! i actually think she has some maine **** in her based of her personality and looks.

she is 3 years old and we play fetch everyday! her favorite right now is a toy called cat dancer- its like $4 at petco. she will also bring it to me and meow when she wants to play which is... often. boo sleeps next to my face so ill often wake up with cat dancer either in my bed or right next to it because she'll bring it to me while im sleeping.
one of my cats boo does! i actually think she has some maine **** in her based of her personality and looks.

she is 3 years old and we play fetch everyday! her favorite right now is a toy called cat dancer- its like $4 at petco. she will also bring it to me and meow when she wants to play which is... often. boo sleeps next to my face so ill often wake up with cat dancer either in my bed or right next to it because she'll bring it to me while im sleeping.
ACDRIpg.png
TO5f5vS.png
gVI5OAO.png
LTm7UbO.png

mlHpBMC.png
Y3tHz6g.png
rix3ppo.png
plague.gif
yes they do
yes they do
Yep, both my mine love it, it's their favourite game.

Even, unfortunately, in the middle of the night.
Yep, both my mine love it, it's their favourite game.

Even, unfortunately, in the middle of the night.
a star sign out of whack.
my cat also fetches and hits the ball (balled up paper) with his paw. he also brings me stuffed animals.
my cat also fetches and hits the ball (balled up paper) with his paw. he also brings me stuffed animals.
5vnsOgE.pngkHBaXec.pnggYW0j5f.png
0HBKL8H.png oaolHwW.pngdT9HQge.pngr8v91MH.png
I am a human bean and open to friend requests!
my cat will play fetch sometimes. what she will do is put a hair tie on the bed and yell at me to throw it so she can chase it. more often she just runs off to play with it, but there's been times it was actually fetch where she'd repeatedly bring it back. but always on the bed.
my cat will play fetch sometimes. what she will do is put a hair tie on the bed and yell at me to throw it so she can chase it. more often she just runs off to play with it, but there's been times it was actually fetch where she'd repeatedly bring it back. but always on the bed.
they/them | +2 FR time
I have pings disabled
I had a cat named Minion who would follow me literally EVERYWHERE she could- she'd go to school with me if she could! She was a short haired calico, and would meow at me if I meowed at her as well! We just say they are talking to us, almost all of my cats have done that :) I have never met a cat who would play fetch though, thats so cool!! I have heard of cats doing that before though when around dogs a lot, so perhaps its a learned behavior!!
I had a cat named Minion who would follow me literally EVERYWHERE she could- she'd go to school with me if she could! She was a short haired calico, and would meow at me if I meowed at her as well! We just say they are talking to us, almost all of my cats have done that :) I have never met a cat who would play fetch though, thats so cool!! I have heard of cats doing that before though when around dogs a lot, so perhaps its a learned behavior!!
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
My previous cat, Spooky, fetched her treats once. She got up into the cupboard with her treats, grabbed them in her mouth then went and found me and dropped them at my feet expectantly. She only did it once, though.

My current cat doesn't fetch, but he goes on walks with a harness and leash like a little dog.
My previous cat, Spooky, fetched her treats once. She got up into the cupboard with her treats, grabbed them in her mouth then went and found me and dropped them at my feet expectantly. She only did it once, though.

My current cat doesn't fetch, but he goes on walks with a harness and leash like a little dog.
that's so cute!!!!! we have a fat white and orange cat named Persy and he can just kind of fetch. he does it sometimes, pretty rarely but he will bring the toy back and it's super cute ....
that's so cute!!!!! we have a fat white and orange cat named Persy and he can just kind of fetch. he does it sometimes, pretty rarely but he will bring the toy back and it's super cute ....
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
zwkSD6b.png
lAvpyOQ.png
[center]I don't have any cats myself, but my friend has several and one of them -- Thomas -- definitely does! He has this little sparkly fluffy ball that he'll bring to you and wait for you to throw it across the house. He was only raised around one dog (and she was old and didn't even play fetch) and at least five other cats. His brother doesn't even do it so it's definitely a personality thing lol He's the only one though, as far as I know none of the others do The little guy in question [emoji=cat 1 size=2] [img]https://imgur.com/BDmpRwx.png[/img][/center]
I don't have any cats myself, but my friend has several and one of them -- Thomas -- definitely does! He has this little sparkly fluffy ball that he'll bring to you and wait for you to throw it across the house. He was only raised around one dog (and she was old and didn't even play fetch) and at least five other cats. His brother doesn't even do it so it's definitely a personality thing lol

He's the only one though, as far as I know none of the others do

The little guy in question

BDmpRwx.png
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a red wildclaw from the neck up with pink feathers. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown button eyes.
1 2 3