Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | obscure animated media discussion
1 2 3 4 5
clang invasion. once upon a time the entire show wasn't uploaded anywhere online and the only way to get it was buy the entire season for 60-70 dollars. [img]https://i.imgur.com/AagR61q.jpeg[/img] the basic premise of the show was about three robots from the planet clang crash landing into the backyard of two siblings named robin and daisy. antics ensue
clang invasion. once upon a time the entire show wasn't uploaded anywhere online and the only way to get it was buy the entire season for 60-70 dollars.
AagR61q.jpeg
the basic premise of the show was about three robots from the planet clang crash landing into the backyard of two siblings named robin and daisy. antics ensue
here's a new one i've learned about! ugo ugo ruga was a 90s children's show where, as far as i know, two kids named ugo ugo and ruga are in a house and talk to these cg characters. the fan favorite is a french, painter-like creature called surreal-kun and...he's stolen my heart, too [img]https://i.imgur.com/ySb6bEg.jpeg[/img]
here's a new one i've learned about! ugo ugo ruga was a 90s children's show where, as far as i know, two kids named ugo ugo and ruga are in a house and talk to these cg characters. the fan favorite is a french, painter-like creature called surreal-kun and...he's stolen my heart, too
ySb6bEg.jpeg
Obligatory ICE OVA 2007 mention from me because I watched it because it was sampled in an album i like and i have many thoughts about it (ada rook fans may recognize it) [img]https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/rsz_ice_poster.png[/img] I like unknown and obscure media a lot, but I can't help but wish ICE was better because... the concept is interesting, the execution, however, is a complete mess. I'd actually rewrite that thing. GLADLY. That thing is in absolute shambles but I'd so give it a glow up For anyone looking for a plot rundown: all men on earth die of an unknown cause, and only women are left. There are two factions; one of them wants it to be the end for humankind, while the other wants to find a way for humans to live on. Unfortunately the episodes focus a lot on explaining stuff (or stuff that doesnt contribute that much to the plot) and its generally really complicated for my smooth brain to understand. The last episode is a mess, especially the last part,, uogh i had no idea what was going on the series does have some good things in in though.. i quite like some character designs and I like how they all stand out from eachother despite wearing similar uniforms on the most part and thats definitely a plus its available on youtube but i think some clips and subtitles may be missing, 3 episodes total. i could actually write a full blown review on it but im ahhh tired
Obligatory ICE OVA 2007 mention from me because I watched it because it was sampled in an album i like and i have many thoughts about it (ada rook fans may recognize it)
rsz_ice_poster.png
I like unknown and obscure media a lot, but I can't help but wish ICE was better because... the concept is interesting, the execution, however, is a complete mess. I'd actually rewrite that thing. GLADLY. That thing is in absolute shambles but I'd so give it a glow up

For anyone looking for a plot rundown: all men on earth die of an unknown cause, and only women are left. There are two factions; one of them wants it to be the end for humankind, while the other wants to find a way for humans to live on.

Unfortunately the episodes focus a lot on explaining stuff (or stuff that doesnt contribute that much to the plot) and its generally really complicated for my smooth brain to understand. The last episode is a mess, especially the last part,, uogh i had no idea what was going on

the series does have some good things in in though.. i quite like some character designs and I like how they all stand out from eachother despite wearing similar uniforms on the most part and thats definitely a plus

its available on youtube but i think some clips and subtitles may be missing, 3 episodes total. i could actually write a full blown review on it but im ahhh tired
1vAtYxM.png
ePOliyb.png
HdmxfuE.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
IMG_6995.png 4ogWlJU.png
o4KdtaP.png
oClJnAg.png
[quote name="PancakePrince" date="2024-01-17 09:34:47" ] I dunno if they're necessarily obscure, but I've only ever met one person who knows about Sleepy Tom nor Autodale. It's a shame because Sleepy Tom is an adorable little short, and Autodale is a very interesting series of a few animated videos. [img]https://media.tenor.com/RtlgKki1digAAAAe/andy-land-andy.png[/img] (Sleepy Tom by Andy Land) [img]https://i0.wp.com/scoopsanimationcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/e77d9410243200be6355a36e2710a2b0.jpg[/img] (Autodale by David Armsby) [/quote] Autodale!! you’re bringing back what I thought i had forgotten. Back during covid i watched so much youtube, inlcuding a bunch of animated short films. I remember watching one of the autodale videos and then moving on with life thinking that was the only one there was, but then I found another one and fell into the autodale rabbit hole. sadly i can’t say i remember all the details, only that they really hated anyone who was ‘different’. I’m gonna say, i don’t think flight rising would exist in their universe.
PancakePrince wrote on 2024-01-17 09:34:47:
I dunno if they're necessarily obscure, but I've only ever met one person who knows about Sleepy Tom nor Autodale. It's a shame because Sleepy Tom is an adorable little short, and Autodale is a very interesting series of a few animated videos.

andy-land-andy.png
(Sleepy Tom by Andy Land)

e77d9410243200be6355a36e2710a2b0.jpg
(Autodale by David Armsby)

Autodale!! you’re bringing back what I thought i had forgotten. Back during covid i watched so much youtube, inlcuding a bunch of animated short films. I remember watching one of the autodale videos and then moving on with life thinking that was the only one there was, but then I found another one and fell into the autodale rabbit hole. sadly i can’t say i remember all the details, only that they really hated anyone who was ‘different’. I’m gonna say, i don’t think flight rising would exist in their universe.
5ABWfcZ.png tyEuRXe.png
Gotta catch up on school work. not much spare time
hUchsi0.png
QUIpVFE.png
KVMY4jW.png
87243442.png 92284132.png
wait does reboot count I know one (1) youtuber drew attention to it but im not sure how much that really matters [img]https://th.bing.com/th?id=ODL.6867c203f89d96a76231e15c13464e4c&w=135&h=201&c=10&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.3&pid=13.1.png[/img] its like a funky superhero show that takes place in a computer with the caveat that giant cube-things sometimes eat a city block
wait does reboot count
I know one (1) youtuber drew attention to it but im not sure how much that really matters

th?id=ODL.6867c203f89d96a76231e15c13464e4c&w=135&h=201&c=10&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.3&pid=13.1.png

its like a funky superhero show that takes place in a computer
with the caveat that giant cube-things sometimes eat a city block

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
Of course I have to share a wonderful animated series that you can watch on youtube! No Evil by Betsy Lee! It's kind of a prequel to a comic, Brother Swan, and has a companion comic, No Evil: Judgement, but I believe it's still pretty easy to understand without any of that context (at least for me!) It has some wonderful character designs, storytelling and some excellent animation for action sequences and for the magical abilities the cast have! [img]https://www.flayrah.com/sites/default/files/u/dronon/no_evil2.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bA7VM2tqYcM/hq720.jpg[/img] [img]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMDQ5OGUwMGUtMjJmMy00NjBiLWIzODEtYWFiZjEyMTVkZDcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTkxMTY3MjQ@._V1_.jpg[/img]
Of course I have to share a wonderful animated series that you can watch on youtube!

No Evil by Betsy Lee! It's kind of a prequel to a comic, Brother Swan, and has a companion comic, No Evil: Judgement, but I believe it's still pretty easy to understand without any of that context (at least for me!)
It has some wonderful character designs, storytelling and some excellent animation for action sequences and for the magical abilities the cast have!

no_evil2.jpg
hq720.jpg
MV5BMDQ5OGUwMGUtMjJmMy00NjBiLWIzODEtYWFiZjEyMTVkZDcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTkxMTY3MjQ@._V1_.jpg
VAnf2q2.png
MUYNhfy.png
HxcMlGn.png
uPOLOvt.png
5hF3FGk.png
12ilQ62.png
t6zNkmJ.png
6TAgw1.pnger5jD1.pngj4ro81.pngPkuhX1.png44rp61.png3BhaF1.pngCEO6o2.png8pGsx1.png5dmN61.pngB6L6k1.png
[quote name="Rayymond" date="2024-03-08 15:04:50" ] Obligatory ICE OVA 2007 mention from me because I watched it because it was sampled in an album i like and i have many thoughts about it (ada rook fans may recognize it) [img]https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/rsz_ice_poster.png[/img] I like unknown and obscure media a lot, but I can't help but wish ICE was better because... the concept is interesting, the execution, however, is a complete mess. I'd actually rewrite that thing. GLADLY. That thing is in absolute shambles but I'd so give it a glow up For anyone looking for a plot rundown: all men on earth die of an unknown cause, and only women are left. There are two factions; one of them wants it to be the end for humankind, while the other wants to find a way for humans to live on. Unfortunately the episodes focus a lot on explaining stuff (or stuff that doesnt contribute that much to the plot) and its generally really complicated for my smooth brain to understand. The last episode is a mess, especially the last part,, uogh i had no idea what was going on the series does have some good things in in though.. i quite like some character designs and I like how they all stand out from eachother despite wearing similar uniforms on the most part and thats definitely a plus its available on youtube but i think some clips and subtitles may be missing, 3 episodes total. i could actually write a full blown review on it but im ahhh tired [/quote] Oh my god I was not expecting to see ICE in this thread lol. I watched it because of the ada rook album too and I feel like the show and the album compliment eachother really well. Like the dub is just so good it really encapsulates that early anime localization vibe. You did a good job summarizing the show & it's janky plot because I feel the exact same way about it. The plot was so hard to follow but I feel like the themes and visuals and concepts were so interesting that it's still good. Like you really have to focus on seeing the forest instead of the trees because... The trees don't make any sense lol. But it's still just so killer and hardcore. I kind of wish I could rewrite it too, I feel like if it was given more timr and attention it could really be great. The last time I watched it was with the youtube uploads and there definitely are some scenes missing from those uploads so that didn't help with the confusion T_T I should try rewatching it though and see if I can follow the plot more now because it's been over a year since I last did.
Rayymond wrote on 2024-03-08 15:04:50:
Obligatory ICE OVA 2007 mention from me because I watched it because it was sampled in an album i like and i have many thoughts about it (ada rook fans may recognize it)
rsz_ice_poster.png
I like unknown and obscure media a lot, but I can't help but wish ICE was better because... the concept is interesting, the execution, however, is a complete mess. I'd actually rewrite that thing. GLADLY. That thing is in absolute shambles but I'd so give it a glow up

For anyone looking for a plot rundown: all men on earth die of an unknown cause, and only women are left. There are two factions; one of them wants it to be the end for humankind, while the other wants to find a way for humans to live on.

Unfortunately the episodes focus a lot on explaining stuff (or stuff that doesnt contribute that much to the plot) and its generally really complicated for my smooth brain to understand. The last episode is a mess, especially the last part,, uogh i had no idea what was going on

the series does have some good things in in though.. i quite like some character designs and I like how they all stand out from eachother despite wearing similar uniforms on the most part and thats definitely a plus

its available on youtube but i think some clips and subtitles may be missing, 3 episodes total. i could actually write a full blown review on it but im ahhh tired
Oh my god I was not expecting to see ICE in this thread lol. I watched it because of the ada rook album too and I feel like the show and the album compliment eachother really well. Like the dub is just so good it really encapsulates that early anime localization vibe. You did a good job summarizing the show & it's janky plot because I feel the exact same way about it. The plot was so hard to follow but I feel like the themes and visuals and concepts were so interesting that it's still good. Like you really have to focus on seeing the forest instead of the trees because... The trees don't make any sense lol. But it's still just so killer and hardcore. I kind of wish I could rewrite it too, I feel like if it was given more timr and attention it could really be great. The last time I watched it was with the youtube uploads and there definitely are some scenes missing from those uploads so that didn't help with the confusion T_T I should try rewatching it though and see if I can follow the plot more now because it's been over a year since I last did.
1 2 3 4 5