Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Super high user count/Site lagging?
1 2 3
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-03-06 19:30:03" ] guests include users that have their account set to invisible. [/quote] I hope it’s just a bunch of invisible users prepping for Springswarm, but it still feels s lil fishy
bulrush wrote on 2024-03-06 19:30:03:
guests include users that have their account set to invisible.

I hope it’s just a bunch of invisible users prepping for Springswarm, but it still feels s lil fishy
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
AI bros DNI
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
Thing is, most people don't know "invisible" is even a setting, so I certainly wouldn't attribute more than a few hundred of the guests to that. The guest list (3.9k now) being over twice as high as the players list is very fishy.
Thing is, most people don't know "invisible" is even a setting, so I certainly wouldn't attribute more than a few hundred of the guests to that. The guest list (3.9k now) being over twice as high as the players list is very fishy.
tDLtHpS.gifoooOpal - She/Her - FR+3 - Skinsooo31hK9h6.gifoeENlf4.png
Fearmongering? /j

Idk about you but I've noticed most of the time its 3500-4500 especially when I get on in the evening. For all US users, that's like 4pm-10pm which is totally normal. Plus, Springswarm starts tomorrow.

EDIT: My internet speeds are perfectly fine & I haven't noticed anything off.
Fearmongering? /j

Idk about you but I've noticed most of the time its 3500-4500 especially when I get on in the evening. For all US users, that's like 4pm-10pm which is totally normal. Plus, Springswarm starts tomorrow.

EDIT: My internet speeds are perfectly fine & I haven't noticed anything off.
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
honestly it seems pretty normal to me? it's been fairly high since trickmurk but also we're in the middle of a lot of intense dom pushes (plague double conquest, ice / water profit, etc) and springswarm is tomorrow after 6am site time, so i'd bet a lot of the activity is dom participants, fodder snipers, and people prepping for the microholiday. like yeah it's a bit higher than average but not Abnormally high yet

worrying would be like 8-10k+ for no good reason, like the last actual attack where there were suddenly 23k+ people online and like 19k of them were bots

as one of the people with their account set to invisible. its actually more common than people seem to think and it's not unusual for 1-2k guests / invisible accounts to be online at once, based on all the times i randomly check the counts

also seconding that my internet is decent and i haven't noticed any lag or sluggishness, at least nothing abnormal for the weather out here right now
honestly it seems pretty normal to me? it's been fairly high since trickmurk but also we're in the middle of a lot of intense dom pushes (plague double conquest, ice / water profit, etc) and springswarm is tomorrow after 6am site time, so i'd bet a lot of the activity is dom participants, fodder snipers, and people prepping for the microholiday. like yeah it's a bit higher than average but not Abnormally high yet

worrying would be like 8-10k+ for no good reason, like the last actual attack where there were suddenly 23k+ people online and like 19k of them were bots

as one of the people with their account set to invisible. its actually more common than people seem to think and it's not unusual for 1-2k guests / invisible accounts to be online at once, based on all the times i randomly check the counts

also seconding that my internet is decent and i haven't noticed any lag or sluggishness, at least nothing abnormal for the weather out here right now
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

on at weird times
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
I have excellent internet and this website is the only one that is chugging, all other websites work perfectly fine (no loading issues, no lag, streaming works alright, etc).
I have excellent internet and this website is the only one that is chugging, all other websites work perfectly fine (no loading issues, no lag, streaming works alright, etc).
Like pidgeon said - My internet speeds are normal, FR is the only thing giving me issues and it happens when we get past 5.4k-ish users. I don't appreciate the "fearmongering" claim and I'm not sure where that came from.
Outside of a new release, or the climax of a dom battle, 5.6k users online is strange.

It's dipped back down to a good 4.4k now, and my FR has been working much smoother.
Like pidgeon said - My internet speeds are normal, FR is the only thing giving me issues and it happens when we get past 5.4k-ish users. I don't appreciate the "fearmongering" claim and I'm not sure where that came from.
Outside of a new release, or the climax of a dom battle, 5.6k users online is strange.

It's dipped back down to a good 4.4k now, and my FR has been working much smoother.
tDLtHpS.gifoooOpal - She/Her - FR+3 - Skinsooo31hK9h6.gifoeENlf4.png
yeah pointing out that the site is currently having connection issues at least for some users isn't fearmongering or "panicking" lol

I haven't had slowdown exactly but the site would occasionally just entirely cease connecting for like ~30s. It has done it like 2 or 3 times today but it hasn't happened in a few hours now.
yeah pointing out that the site is currently having connection issues at least for some users isn't fearmongering or "panicking" lol

I haven't had slowdown exactly but the site would occasionally just entirely cease connecting for like ~30s. It has done it like 2 or 3 times today but it hasn't happened in a few hours now.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
I haven't noticed even the slightest bit of slowing? Just impromptu dom battles and invis users.
I haven't noticed even the slightest bit of slowing? Just impromptu dom battles and invis users.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
Would not be the first time we've had unusual guest traffic. We had 23k users back in september.

But these numbers seem pretty... normal? At least currently? 3k is well within our usual range. For all we know it's a bunch of users who left the page open at rollover (and thus got logged out.)
Would not be the first time we've had unusual guest traffic. We had 23k users back in september.

But these numbers seem pretty... normal? At least currently? 3k is well within our usual range. For all we know it's a bunch of users who left the page open at rollover (and thus got logged out.)
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
i suspect the fearmongering joke was because of the ddos attack speculation in the OP. that speculation could scare people because it did happen to the site. this isn’t anywhere near the numbers we were seeing then.

i don’t think there is anything unusual about this especially with the mini dom battle going on and the microholiday. dom is extremely motivating to lots of users. i have personally been spending more time on FR due to it this week. i haven’t been experiencing any lag. i hope that for the users that are experiencing it, it gets better.
i suspect the fearmongering joke was because of the ddos attack speculation in the OP. that speculation could scare people because it did happen to the site. this isn’t anywhere near the numbers we were seeing then.

i don’t think there is anything unusual about this especially with the mini dom battle going on and the microholiday. dom is extremely motivating to lots of users. i have personally been spending more time on FR due to it this week. i haven’t been experiencing any lag. i hope that for the users that are experiencing it, it gets better.
D9XjOpZ.jpg
1 2 3