Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Deciphering Sornieth written language
1 2 3
[quote name="KitalphaHart" date="2020-01-03 12:30:47" ] No but now that I'm looking at it, I see the b-word that rhymes with witch on the pillar [/quote] oh my god. aahahaha--
KitalphaHart wrote on 2020-01-03 12:30:47:
No but now that I'm looking at it, I see the b-word that rhymes with witch on the pillar
oh my god. aahahaha--
[quote name="Tachycardia" date="2020-01-03 14:01:42" ] [quote name="Reilata" date="2020-01-03 13:48:38" ] I'm kind of just peering at the outer rim of the Arcanist's halo like ... 'Is that Daedric?' [/quote] It DOES look like Daedric, yeah. [/quote] It is unmistakable, the Oblivion gate rune is identical [url=https://imgbb.com/][img]https://i.ibb.co/V3Y0W12/images-52.jpg[/img][/url]
Tachycardia wrote on 2020-01-03 14:01:42:
Reilata wrote on 2020-01-03 13:48:38:
I'm kind of just peering at the outer rim of the Arcanist's halo like ... 'Is that Daedric?'

It DOES look like Daedric, yeah.

It is unmistakable, the Oblivion gate rune is identical
images-52.jpg
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
[quote name="Skydancer" date="2020-01-03 13:45:03" ] i you unfortunately won't get very far with just a sample text with no knowledge of the underlying language structure. even if it is just a wacky cipher of english, it's gonna be nigh impossible :( may i suggest a similar plan of action? using the runes as a starting off point for a conlang of your own. i know ursegal already exists but that isn't stopping anyone [/quote] Of course, to be honest, there probably isn't even a structure at all. Aside from the basic set we have, most of the runes might simply be artistic squiggles. It's more for fun and lore. It's also fun to see the symbols we do know the meaning of repeated in other art such as the halo on the Arcanist. It's more of a "hey let's look at the art" thread, rather than a serious language analysis. Edit: Also apparently the Arcanist is a daedric prince... This explains a lot.
Skydancer wrote on 2020-01-03 13:45:03:
i you unfortunately won't get very far with just a sample text with no knowledge of the underlying language structure. even if it is just a wacky cipher of english, it's gonna be nigh impossible :(

may i suggest a similar plan of action? using the runes as a starting off point for a conlang of your own. i know ursegal already exists but that isn't stopping anyone

Of course, to be honest, there probably isn't even a structure at all. Aside from the basic set we have, most of the runes might simply be artistic squiggles. It's more for fun and lore. It's also fun to see the symbols we do know the meaning of repeated in other art such as the halo on the Arcanist.

It's more of a "hey let's look at the art" thread, rather than a serious language analysis.

Edit: Also apparently the Arcanist is a daedric prince... This explains a lot.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

[quote name="VeridisQuo" date="2020-01-03 14:07:39" ] It is unmistakable, the Oblivion gate rune is identical [/quote] Flight Rising cross Elder Scrolls confirmed. [s]Or the Arcanist is just a huge fan.[/s]
VeridisQuo wrote on 2020-01-03 14:07:39:
It is unmistakable, the Oblivion gate rune is identical

Flight Rising cross Elder Scrolls confirmed.

Or the Arcanist is just a huge fan.
4QFtgPW.png
I used a Daedric-English alphabet chart. Arcanist's halo repeats:

WERER WERERIO OIOQWEJIQ (left to right)
or
QIJEWQOIO OIREREW REREW (right to left)

Although I don't know what order the words are in.
I'm not familiar with Elder Scrolls, but this looks like a cipher.
I used a Daedric-English alphabet chart. Arcanist's halo repeats:

WERER WERERIO OIOQWEJIQ (left to right)
or
QIJEWQOIO OIREREW REREW (right to left)

Although I don't know what order the words are in.
I'm not familiar with Elder Scrolls, but this looks like a cipher.
I’ve probably seen a gazillion pictures of the Arcanist before, but I’ve only just noticed that the runes on the inner circle of the Arcanist’s halo appear to be either Younger Futhark or Futhorc. Both are rune systems that evolved from Elder Futhark, so they look similar.
I’ve probably seen a gazillion pictures of the Arcanist before, but I’ve only just noticed that the runes on the inner circle of the Arcanist’s halo appear to be either Younger Futhark or Futhorc. Both are rune systems that evolved from Elder Futhark, so they look similar.
The Arcanist has something weird going on with his image... I remembered seeing the elements in his halo, but the image I posted had Daedric and Futhorc-like runes. It looks like the image from "Generate Image" is different from the image on his page, which has elemental symbols and a third type of runes. Oddly enough, it won't work with FR'd image code, but I can link to it. Daedric and Futhorc version: [img] https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/11_350.png[/img] Elements and Unidentified version: https://flightrising.com/images/gods/11.png?1578097570
The Arcanist has something weird going on with his image...
I remembered seeing the elements in his halo, but the image I posted had Daedric and Futhorc-like runes. It looks like the image from "Generate Image" is different from the image on his page, which has elemental symbols and a third type of runes. Oddly enough, it won't work with FR'd image code, but I can link to it.

Daedric and Futhorc version:
11_350.png

Elements and Unidentified version:
https://flightrising.com/images/gods/11.png?1578097570
[quote name="Rivershard" date="2020-01-03 16:30:29" ] The Arcanist has something weird going on with his image... I remembered seeing the elements in his halo, but the image I posted had Daedric and Futhorc-like runes. It looks like the image from "Generate Image" is different from the image on his page, which has elemental symbols and a third type of runes. Oddly enough, it won't work with FR'd image code, but I can link to it. Daedric and Futhorc version: [img] https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1/11_350.png[/img] Elements and Unidentified version: https://flightrising.com/images/gods/11.png?1578097570 [/quote] Maybe the unknown runes on the outer ring are another way of writing the elements? Or maybe it's like that little alchemy game, you need x and x to get this element? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a "real-life" Arcanist's halo actually shifted between the two types of runes. Maybe the originally planned for Arcanist's halo to be animated, then decided against it?
Rivershard wrote on 2020-01-03 16:30:29:
The Arcanist has something weird going on with his image...
I remembered seeing the elements in his halo, but the image I posted had Daedric and Futhorc-like runes. It looks like the image from "Generate Image" is different from the image on his page, which has elemental symbols and a third type of runes. Oddly enough, it won't work with FR'd image code, but I can link to it.

Daedric and Futhorc version:
11_350.png

Elements and Unidentified version:
https://flightrising.com/images/gods/11.png?1578097570

Maybe the unknown runes on the outer ring are another way of writing the elements? Or maybe it's like that little alchemy game, you need x and x to get this element?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a "real-life" Arcanist's halo actually shifted between the two types of runes. Maybe the originally planned for Arcanist's halo to be animated, then decided against it?
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
[quote name="Idyll" date="2020-01-03 14:06:51" ] [quote name="KitalphaHart" date="2020-01-03 12:30:47" ] No but now that I'm looking at it, I see the b-word that rhymes with witch on the pillar [/quote] oh my god. aahahaha-- [/quote] The Shade wrote the inscriptions. That's it's personal message to the deities.
Idyll wrote on 2020-01-03 14:06:51:
KitalphaHart wrote on 2020-01-03 12:30:47:
No but now that I'm looking at it, I see the b-word that rhymes with witch on the pillar
oh my god. aahahaha--
The Shade wrote the inscriptions. That's it's personal message to the deities.
_________ pixel_wright.png _______
Phoenix ◊ he/him ◊ FR + 3
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
_______ pixel_edgeworth.png
[item=cloak of the cosmos] [item=arcane aura] [item=starlight cloak] as i can see, runes appears in other places than only their signature writing, but overall for symbols that might be somehow connected with magic, so i can think runes are common symbols in sornieth, both used by dragons, deities ane other creatures :)

Cloak of the Cosmos Arcane Aura Starlight Cloak as i can see, runes appears in other places than only their signature writing, but overall for symbols that might be somehow connected with magic, so i can think runes are common symbols in sornieth, both used by dragons, deities ane other creatures :)
xpP2XdL.png
1 2 3