Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lots of questions but no answers
I'm relatively new here and was wondering. Does anyone know if there's a guide or anything for the cauldron? I'd rather transmute things purposefully rather than randomly. Also, where should I focus my energy? I normally spend all my time on excavations and fairgrounds but I'm curious if I might be missing something a bit more profitable.
I'm relatively new here and was wondering. Does anyone know if there's a guide or anything for the cauldron? I'd rather transmute things purposefully rather than randomly. Also, where should I focus my energy? I normally spend all my time on excavations and fairgrounds but I'm curious if I might be missing something a bit more profitable.
welcome to Flight Rising! i offer a pre-emptive apologY for the incoming wall of text. to answer Your questions in order:.
  1. transmuting objects gives You ingredients that You can then use to create new items! both transmuting (aka reducing) and creating new recipes (aka brewing) can make moneY, however while Your cauldron level is low You won't have access to the valuable brewing recipes. reducing items is an easY and free waY to gain cauldron experience.
  2. plaYing games in the fairgrounds is easY moneY! different games reward different amounts of treasure. Glimmer & Gloom is the most efficient when using either memorization or an offsite solver. Mistral Mahjong is probablY the next best option.
    as for Arlo's, the genes (the largest plots) are probablY the most valuable items that can be excavated.
  3. one of the easiest waYs to make moneY on Flight Rising is through the Coliseum! some people grind for food or valuable materials.
    other people train "fodder" dragons and exalt them, which removes the dragon from the game but gives You an amount of treasure based on what level the dragon was when it was exalted.
    and some people train dragons to high levels for other people!
if You have anY other questions, please make full use of the Encyclopedia, the Game Database, and the Guides and Help Center forums.

edit to add one more thing: check out Your Flight-specific forums! (i can't link to these since we're in different Flights). introduce Yourself, make friends, and ask for help! when You're experienced, You can turn around and help newbies Yourself }:].
welcome to Flight Rising! i offer a pre-emptive apologY for the incoming wall of text. to answer Your questions in order:.
  1. transmuting objects gives You ingredients that You can then use to create new items! both transmuting (aka reducing) and creating new recipes (aka brewing) can make moneY, however while Your cauldron level is low You won't have access to the valuable brewing recipes. reducing items is an easY and free waY to gain cauldron experience.
  2. plaYing games in the fairgrounds is easY moneY! different games reward different amounts of treasure. Glimmer & Gloom is the most efficient when using either memorization or an offsite solver. Mistral Mahjong is probablY the next best option.
    as for Arlo's, the genes (the largest plots) are probablY the most valuable items that can be excavated.
  3. one of the easiest waYs to make moneY on Flight Rising is through the Coliseum! some people grind for food or valuable materials.
    other people train "fodder" dragons and exalt them, which removes the dragon from the game but gives You an amount of treasure based on what level the dragon was when it was exalted.
    and some people train dragons to high levels for other people!
if You have anY other questions, please make full use of the Encyclopedia, the Game Database, and the Guides and Help Center forums.

edit to add one more thing: check out Your Flight-specific forums! (i can't link to these since we're in different Flights). introduce Yourself, make friends, and ask for help! when You're experienced, You can turn around and help newbies Yourself }:].

feverent
hello! welcome to FR! while im still rather new i can help.

for your first question, yes you can target what you want from transmuting items.
you get Goo from food, Ooze from materials, Sludge from Trinkets, Slime from apparel, and Muck from familiars. it's more random what color you get, but you will always something from that category.

the color rarity goes from green/Yellow/Orange/Red/Blue i believe. this is only for goo, oose, and sludge.

muck rarity is bronze/silver/gold and for slime grey is the most common while white/black have the same rarity.

if you have just started then you wont have much you can make from Baldwin's Brew. it's better to level up by just melting down items. once you unlock something you want to make then you can more purposely decide what to melt down.

as for your next question, doing the fairgrounds is always a good thing to do. glimmer and gloom is the fastest way to max out your treasure cap, but if your enjoying playing the other games then feel free to spend your time doing what you enjoy :) (here's the glimmer and gloom guide i used since it's kinda a hard game)

the other profitable thing you can do is start coliseum grinding. you can get basically anything from the coliseum. right now food is probably the most important, but since NotN is going on right now you could also get strange chests (p.s if you get any nocturn eggs from strange chest i would recommend saving them for afew months then sell them on the AH, by then the price will go back up)

if you want to kickstart the coliseum grind then you can adopt some leveled dragons here!

hello! welcome to FR! while im still rather new i can help.

for your first question, yes you can target what you want from transmuting items.
you get Goo from food, Ooze from materials, Sludge from Trinkets, Slime from apparel, and Muck from familiars. it's more random what color you get, but you will always something from that category.

the color rarity goes from green/Yellow/Orange/Red/Blue i believe. this is only for goo, oose, and sludge.

muck rarity is bronze/silver/gold and for slime grey is the most common while white/black have the same rarity.

if you have just started then you wont have much you can make from Baldwin's Brew. it's better to level up by just melting down items. once you unlock something you want to make then you can more purposely decide what to melt down.

as for your next question, doing the fairgrounds is always a good thing to do. glimmer and gloom is the fastest way to max out your treasure cap, but if your enjoying playing the other games then feel free to spend your time doing what you enjoy :) (here's the glimmer and gloom guide i used since it's kinda a hard game)

the other profitable thing you can do is start coliseum grinding. you can get basically anything from the coliseum. right now food is probably the most important, but since NotN is going on right now you could also get strange chests (p.s if you get any nocturn eggs from strange chest i would recommend saving them for afew months then sell them on the AH, by then the price will go back up)

if you want to kickstart the coliseum grind then you can adopt some leveled dragons here!

9y89odd.gif .
7UXlQKU.gif
OPS7bfK.png
BTRr72z.png
NOP5viO.png
mqW8lnj.png
Hello! im Jellyinspace
you can call me Jelly or Jellyfish.

Check out my Plushie RNG adopts!
Skin: Curse the Night
^i made this^
get it here
[/url]
As a general rule, don't transmute things that are useful for other tasks: in your Hoard, anything that has a special use will have a coloured bar underneath it (e.g. any items used to expand your Hibernal Den will have a yellow bar underneath them). I also stick to transmuting stuff with low hoardsell values, since the colour probabilities are the same regardless of the value of what you chuck in the cauldron, so unless I'm really short on alchemy ingredients I may as well just sell the stuff that's worth more. (Also, check the sale price on the Auction House before transmuting familiars; some of them sell for good money. Plus you probably want a copy of each familiar yourself to bond with them — you get chests every so often that way.)

Maxing out the Fairgrounds cap on Glimmer & Gloom (either Hard or Very Hard mode) every day is the most efficient way to get money. It's something I try to prioritise, since it's got the best return in terms of money per time spent. It takes me about 10 minutes on Hard mode; the pattern is easy to memorise, so I can do it on my phone without having to tab back and forth between a solver. I found it actually takes about the same amount of time on Hard as it does on Very Hard, because Very Hard is complex enough that I need to use a solver to help, and the time it takes to use the solver slows the process down. Though YMMV for what works best for you and your devices/setup.

Once you've built up enough money to be able to afford battle stones, you might want to consider setting up a Coliseum team. Levelling dragons to exalt is a decent earner, as is selling the loot you get from grinding in the Coli, particularly stacks of food. I spent my first two weeks on FR mostly grinding G&G in the Fairgrounds until I had enough money to buy a couple Eliminates and the various other bits and bobs you need for a solid Coli team, and then started grinding Coli.

Guides I have found helpful:

You might be past this point but when I started playing FR, I found this particular guide really helpful, as it kept things straightforward enough to not be overwhelming: The Starters Guide to FR

Glimmer and Gloom: For Hard mode, I use Method 1 as described in this post. For Very Hard mode, I use the solver that feverentAcolyte linked to, and the thread explaining how to use it is here.

Coliseum: EeveeDream's Updated Dragon Leveling Guide is the method I followed to level my first Coli team. You will probably need a Tincture of Dissolution to restat them afterwards, because the stats a dragon wants to level itself comfortably are not necessarily the stats a dragon wants to e.g. comfortably solo the Mire so it can level other dragons, but Tinctures aren't particularly expensive. I use Maki's builds to stat my dragons once they're fully levelled; other builds are available, but Maki has a good selection of straightforward builds that get the job done.

Baldwin: Arcticfox98's Poor Man's Guide to Baldwin is what I used, though I think it's a little outdated now. Something it doesn't mention is that brewing for other people is a good way to level up; you'll still have to boostrap yourself until you can get to a point where you can brew stuff other people might want, but once you do you can advertise your services on the Items For Sale forum. Generally customers send you the money and materials required to brew an item, and you get the XP.
As a general rule, don't transmute things that are useful for other tasks: in your Hoard, anything that has a special use will have a coloured bar underneath it (e.g. any items used to expand your Hibernal Den will have a yellow bar underneath them). I also stick to transmuting stuff with low hoardsell values, since the colour probabilities are the same regardless of the value of what you chuck in the cauldron, so unless I'm really short on alchemy ingredients I may as well just sell the stuff that's worth more. (Also, check the sale price on the Auction House before transmuting familiars; some of them sell for good money. Plus you probably want a copy of each familiar yourself to bond with them — you get chests every so often that way.)

Maxing out the Fairgrounds cap on Glimmer & Gloom (either Hard or Very Hard mode) every day is the most efficient way to get money. It's something I try to prioritise, since it's got the best return in terms of money per time spent. It takes me about 10 minutes on Hard mode; the pattern is easy to memorise, so I can do it on my phone without having to tab back and forth between a solver. I found it actually takes about the same amount of time on Hard as it does on Very Hard, because Very Hard is complex enough that I need to use a solver to help, and the time it takes to use the solver slows the process down. Though YMMV for what works best for you and your devices/setup.

Once you've built up enough money to be able to afford battle stones, you might want to consider setting up a Coliseum team. Levelling dragons to exalt is a decent earner, as is selling the loot you get from grinding in the Coli, particularly stacks of food. I spent my first two weeks on FR mostly grinding G&G in the Fairgrounds until I had enough money to buy a couple Eliminates and the various other bits and bobs you need for a solid Coli team, and then started grinding Coli.

Guides I have found helpful:

You might be past this point but when I started playing FR, I found this particular guide really helpful, as it kept things straightforward enough to not be overwhelming: The Starters Guide to FR

Glimmer and Gloom: For Hard mode, I use Method 1 as described in this post. For Very Hard mode, I use the solver that feverentAcolyte linked to, and the thread explaining how to use it is here.

Coliseum: EeveeDream's Updated Dragon Leveling Guide is the method I followed to level my first Coli team. You will probably need a Tincture of Dissolution to restat them afterwards, because the stats a dragon wants to level itself comfortably are not necessarily the stats a dragon wants to e.g. comfortably solo the Mire so it can level other dragons, but Tinctures aren't particularly expensive. I use Maki's builds to stat my dragons once they're fully levelled; other builds are available, but Maki has a good selection of straightforward builds that get the job done.

Baldwin: Arcticfox98's Poor Man's Guide to Baldwin is what I used, though I think it's a little outdated now. Something it doesn't mention is that brewing for other people is a good way to level up; you'll still have to boostrap yourself until you can get to a point where you can brew stuff other people might want, but once you do you can advertise your services on the Items For Sale forum. Generally customers send you the money and materials required to brew an item, and you get the XP.
they/he FR+8
employee of the Stormcatcher