Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Anyone want some lore?(Reopened!)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18
@ItalianDennys [quote=Victory] Victory is the highest achievement one could ever fathom to have. It signals you have won; It signals you are finished; It signals you can defeat your opponents. To say Victory is nothing too meager is to be considered a great jester. I am the greatest, the most valued above all else. They may say that Glory or Valor tops Victory, but they are mere fools, oblivious to the true value of me. Victory is only for heroes, only for those who are strong enough to earn such a right, only for those who can really say their opponent was the one who lost. It is a gift, one that only I can bestow onto the one who rightfully deserved it after the hardships they'd faced. They'd tell you I speak nonsense, that I'm false. I'd tell you they speak only lies, and that Victory is the best out of all of them. You've won, and now your name is carved into the historical stones of achievements, reveling with all the other ancient champions of the past. [center][i]VICTORY IS YOURS. YOU'VE RIGHTFULLY [s]EARNED IT[/s] TOOK IT YOURSELF.[ VICTORY IS ONLY YOURS. LET NO ONE TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU.[/i][/center] [/quote] [quote=Glory] Glory is the one greater than anything else, no matter another's words. They talk big words for minuscule reasons; Victory is nothing compared to Glory; Valor is just a description of Glory. I know in more ways than one that Glory is superior above the other two. Glory is the fantastic reward after a battle, the reason why they become so well known. It's the elevating feeling the vanquisher receives for their win; I never can understand why others would think Victory is sweeter than Glory. You know you've truly won the match when you're for certain you're able to bask in all the Glory that you knew you've rightfully earned, purely by your dedication to your work. Don't listen to others when they say Glory is "overrated". Quite contraire, if you ask me; Glory never gets enough attention, never enough of the credit that it deserves. It should be the spotlight, soaking in all graces from others, not pushed aside, thrown to the garbage. [center][i]GLORY IS YOUR RIGHT. YOU'VE ACHIEVED IT [s]WITH AID[/s] YOURSELF. YOU ELIMINATED ANYONE WHO COULD'VE COMPROMISED IT. GLORY IS NOW ALL YOURS.[/i][/center] [/quote] [quote=Valor] I scoff at those who argue of this. They're smart enough to understand Valor is the one true necessity above all else, not Glory, nor Victory. One can only have either if they use Valor, if they have strength, if they know what it takes to have them. Valor is the courage to continue, the bravery to fight, the willingness to continue onward. It has many names, and all of them have been immortalized in the oldest of tomes and scriptures known to dragonkind, permanently inked in the ancient parchments of possibly every archive there is. Stories of heros, of kings, of valiant warriors who won the day and freedom of everything they did it for. Tales of righteousness, of survival, of morale; those are what people truley look up to the most. I digress with anyone who speak such lies, saying something is higher than Valor. Nothing could ever possibly be the case; one must have Valor, have courage to continue; One must have Valor, have bravery to earn the Victory, to have the Glory. Without Valor, one is just a measly flincher, itching to flee the first sight of either their opponent or when the win becomes scarce. [center][i]VALOR IS THE STRONGEST. YOU MADE SACRIFICES TO GET THIS FAR. YOU'VE DESTROYED [s]WHO WAS NECESSARY[/s] YOUR OPPONENTS FOR THIS. YOU HAVE VALOR. YOU ARE VALOR.[/i][/center] [/quote] Guh. I'm sorry it took so long. I was so close to finishing it this morning, but the tab froze on my and I had to restart :( All three are very pretty dragons. (Had some of the Alfredo. Just divine, mm) Hope this works for them. I started getting lost :l It's fine though. That's the kinda challenge I was looking for, so I thank you :P
@ItalianDennys
Victory wrote:
Victory is the highest achievement one could ever fathom to have. It signals you have won; It signals you are finished; It signals you can defeat your opponents. To say Victory is nothing too meager is to be considered a great jester.

I am the greatest, the most valued above all else. They may say that Glory or Valor tops Victory, but they are mere fools, oblivious to the true value of me. Victory is only for heroes, only for those who are strong enough to earn such a right, only for those who can really say their opponent was the one who lost. It is a gift, one that only I can bestow onto the one who rightfully deserved it after the hardships they'd faced.

They'd tell you I speak nonsense, that I'm false. I'd tell you they speak only lies, and that Victory is the best out of all of them. You've won, and now your name is carved into the historical stones of achievements, reveling with all the other ancient champions of the past.
VICTORY IS YOURS.
YOU'VE RIGHTFULLY EARNED IT TOOK IT YOURSELF.[
VICTORY IS ONLY YOURS.
LET NO ONE TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU.
Glory wrote:
Glory is the one greater than anything else, no matter another's words. They talk big words for minuscule reasons; Victory is nothing compared to Glory; Valor is just a description of Glory.

I know in more ways than one that Glory is superior above the other two. Glory is the fantastic reward after a battle, the reason why they become so well known. It's the elevating feeling the vanquisher receives for their win; I never can understand why others would think Victory is sweeter than Glory. You know you've truly won the match when you're for certain you're able to bask in all the Glory that you knew you've rightfully earned, purely by your dedication to your work.

Don't listen to others when they say Glory is "overrated". Quite contraire, if you ask me; Glory never gets enough attention, never enough of the credit that it deserves. It should be the spotlight, soaking in all graces from others, not pushed aside, thrown to the garbage.

GLORY IS YOUR RIGHT.
YOU'VE ACHIEVED IT WITH AID YOURSELF.
YOU ELIMINATED ANYONE WHO COULD'VE COMPROMISED IT.
GLORY IS NOW ALL YOURS.
Valor wrote:
I scoff at those who argue of this. They're smart enough to understand Valor is the one true necessity above all else, not Glory, nor Victory. One can only have either if they use Valor, if they have strength, if they know what it takes to have them.

Valor is the courage to continue, the bravery to fight, the willingness to continue onward. It has many names, and all of them have been immortalized in the oldest of tomes and scriptures known to dragonkind, permanently inked in the ancient parchments of possibly every archive there is. Stories of heros, of kings, of valiant warriors who won the day and freedom of everything they did it for. Tales of righteousness, of survival, of morale; those are what people truley look up to the most.

I digress with anyone who speak such lies, saying something is higher than Valor. Nothing could ever possibly be the case; one must have Valor, have courage to continue; One must have Valor, have bravery to earn the Victory, to have the Glory. Without Valor, one is just a measly flincher, itching to flee the first sight of either their opponent or when the win becomes scarce.

VALOR IS THE STRONGEST.
YOU MADE SACRIFICES TO GET THIS FAR.
YOU'VE DESTROYED WHO WAS NECESSARY YOUR OPPONENTS FOR THIS.
YOU HAVE VALOR. YOU ARE VALOR.

Guh. I'm sorry it took so long. I was so close to finishing it this morning, but the tab froze on my and I had to restart :(
All three are very pretty dragons.
(Had some of the Alfredo. Just divine, mm)
Hope this works for them. I started getting lost :l It's fine though. That's the kinda challenge I was looking for, so I thank you :P
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

rM33C9P.png0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@Gubyub

I. LOVE. IT.

You have such an amazing ability for intertwining them yet making them distinct! Thank you so much, this is wonderful!!

(And glad you like the alfredo! Feel free to come back for unlimited soup and breadsticks!)
@Gubyub

I. LOVE. IT.

You have such an amazing ability for intertwining them yet making them distinct! Thank you so much, this is wonderful!!

(And glad you like the alfredo! Feel free to come back for unlimited soup and breadsticks!)
XpgACKq.png
@ItalianDennys

Good to hear you enjoyed it!
@ItalianDennys

Good to hear you enjoyed it!
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

@gubyub heya! if you're still up for these, i have a pair that needs a good snippet for both! overview; in this specific aspect, when a dragon "dies", their soul is sent to their corresponding deity to "serve a higher purpose" [size=1][i]what that is, nobody knows[/i][/size]. certain elemental mages have the ability to form "deals" in which the contractee signs their soul away to the element of the mage in return for power, monetary gain, etc. this act is considered the highest level of disrespect to a deity and warrants eternal banishment from their born flight / curses on their lineage etc. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31673416][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/316735/31673416_350.png[/img][/url] empathy, arcane-born wandering healer/priest/soothsayer?? [size=1][i](unsure of his role)[/i][/size] that strikes a soul-binding deal with apathy for the purpose of escaping his duties and being able to explore sornieth (consider him naïve), unaware of what the contract truly means [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42266996][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/422670/42266996_350.png[/img][/url] apathy, high mage of the shadow flight and notorious contract maker. center of rumors, but true identity unknown (known only by descriptions / "The Shadebeast") think of her as manipulative, well spoken, highly intelligent. post-deal, follows apathy in secret to claim his soul when the time comes some inspo; thresh from league of legends, alastor from hazbin hotel kinda thing empathy has a little [i]tiny[/i] bit of writing/art in his bio if you'd like it for any inspo!! whatever you can do in this scenario for them, that would be amazing. these two are the longest owned dragons in my lair and their lore has stumped me for years. not really a writer myself, but hopefully whatever you can come up with can kickstart me to a more pinponted direction!! thank you ^^
@gubyub heya! if you're still up for these, i have a pair that needs a good snippet for both!

overview; in this specific aspect, when a dragon "dies", their soul is sent to their corresponding deity to "serve a higher purpose" what that is, nobody knows. certain elemental mages have the ability to form "deals" in which the contractee signs their soul away to the element of the mage in return for power, monetary gain, etc. this act is considered the highest level of disrespect to a deity and warrants eternal banishment from their born flight / curses on their lineage etc.

31673416_350.png
empathy, arcane-born wandering healer/priest/soothsayer?? (unsure of his role) that strikes a soul-binding deal with apathy for the purpose of escaping his duties and being able to explore sornieth (consider him naïve), unaware of what the contract truly means

42266996_350.png
apathy, high mage of the shadow flight and notorious contract maker. center of rumors, but true identity unknown (known only by descriptions / "The Shadebeast")
think of her as manipulative, well spoken, highly intelligent. post-deal, follows apathy in secret to claim his soul when the time comes

some inspo; thresh from league of legends, alastor from hazbin hotel kinda thing

empathy has a little tiny bit of writing/art in his bio if you'd like it for any inspo!!

whatever you can do in this scenario for them, that would be amazing. these two are the longest owned dragons in my lair and their lore has stumped me for years. not really a writer myself, but hopefully whatever you can come up with can kickstart me to a more pinponted direction!!

thank you ^^
BjJMHgE.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44370977][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/443710/44370977_350.png[/img][/url] I'd love it if you would do something for this girl! She does have lore in her bio to give you an idea of her backstory. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86672359][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/866724/86672359_350.png[/img][/url] Alternatively, there is this girl if you're interested! She also has lore in her bio.
44370977_350.png

I'd love it if you would do something for this girl! She does have lore in her bio to give you an idea of her backstory.

86672359_350.png

Alternatively, there is this girl if you're interested! She also has lore in her bio.
BiYzByz.gif6z1gQFM.png FI4rElJ.png asexual_zpscvse3pjl.pngN6rygcH.pngkPMrajo.pnglnrYYwg.pngtumblr_o1cb6f8u9h1unhfhho3_r3_100.png
eZ5CPeG.gif

tumblr_ny7bkbgNXY1s88na0o1_400.png

uw3nPsd.png

yxjAjIa.png
rB3k2Un.png
57hQ131.png
Update:

I can take stuff, but I might be slow. I didn't check FR most of the day before and I got a lot of stuff I need to take care of at the moment.
Update:

I can take stuff, but I might be slow. I didn't check FR most of the day before and I got a lot of stuff I need to take care of at the moment.
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

@koidei
Quote:
I. . .I just didn't want to go through it anymore.

So much is expected of me, to do this, to do that. I didn't wish to be bombarded with so many demands, constantly asking me of things I may not even be able to do. I want them to cease; I want the shackles binding me to them to break. I want to explore, to discover the entire realm, most likely in ways I couldn't even imagine.

My designation is that I can foresee for others; my vision can appear as one's future, or maybe even past in very few cases. I roam the cold hills, finding those who feel lost within themselves, aiding in their inner turmoil. They seek help, control of themselves, desire of things they cannot aquire without my help. They are those who are rumored as the mysterious strangers not to trifle with, never to confront.

I had become. . .tired of it all. The constant requests and craving of their so-called "happy ends" that only I can bring. They ask too much of me, giving not enough in return. I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to keep giving things to them. I want to do my own thing. I want to travel, explore, see new sights, try new things. I don't want to be locked forever in this shivering, imprisoning cycle, destined to loop over and over until eternity ends.

This. . .This Imperial. . .she had told me she could help with my dilemma, that she could break my chains. . . .I trust her words. . .I don't believe she could do much harm, if any. . . .

I took her deal.

Quote:
I won't disappoint my deity. . . .

Little slips of yellowed parchments. Slightly luminous runes enscribed onto the page with a delicate claw. Written in a language only the reciprocant can't understand. I tell them it means nothing, that the words only describe the basis of our deal.

It amuses me how gullible some drakes can truley be.

You see, of course that's what's on the paper, though I never tell the full extent of it. These little contracts I design go a long way; they've been spread around everywhere, rumored to deal away souls, given to the element of the one who first created the covenant. However, I digress.

Normally, rumors speak many false truths.

People love my contracts; I can always tell by their surprised faces once it follows through. I make it as simple as I can: I give them what they want, and in return, they give me what I want.
And I want their souls, forever aligned to my flight's element.
I find no difficulty in speaking to them, persuading them, charming my way into getting what I desire. They're all so easy to convince, to coerce into giving what I covet so much.

Especially this Coatl I recently found. He must've been too young to rightfully understand the danger of my parchment. I watch him, staying in the shadows, waiting for the right time to take what is mine. . .

. . .or what will be mine. . .very soon. . . .

1. very pretty :)
2. very cool :0

sorry for the wait! I got busy yesterday and didn't see these until morning :( Hope these can help with their lore!
@koidei
Quote:
I. . .I just didn't want to go through it anymore.

So much is expected of me, to do this, to do that. I didn't wish to be bombarded with so many demands, constantly asking me of things I may not even be able to do. I want them to cease; I want the shackles binding me to them to break. I want to explore, to discover the entire realm, most likely in ways I couldn't even imagine.

My designation is that I can foresee for others; my vision can appear as one's future, or maybe even past in very few cases. I roam the cold hills, finding those who feel lost within themselves, aiding in their inner turmoil. They seek help, control of themselves, desire of things they cannot aquire without my help. They are those who are rumored as the mysterious strangers not to trifle with, never to confront.

I had become. . .tired of it all. The constant requests and craving of their so-called "happy ends" that only I can bring. They ask too much of me, giving not enough in return. I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to keep giving things to them. I want to do my own thing. I want to travel, explore, see new sights, try new things. I don't want to be locked forever in this shivering, imprisoning cycle, destined to loop over and over until eternity ends.

This. . .This Imperial. . .she had told me she could help with my dilemma, that she could break my chains. . . .I trust her words. . .I don't believe she could do much harm, if any. . . .

I took her deal.

Quote:
I won't disappoint my deity. . . .

Little slips of yellowed parchments. Slightly luminous runes enscribed onto the page with a delicate claw. Written in a language only the reciprocant can't understand. I tell them it means nothing, that the words only describe the basis of our deal.

It amuses me how gullible some drakes can truley be.

You see, of course that's what's on the paper, though I never tell the full extent of it. These little contracts I design go a long way; they've been spread around everywhere, rumored to deal away souls, given to the element of the one who first created the covenant. However, I digress.

Normally, rumors speak many false truths.

People love my contracts; I can always tell by their surprised faces once it follows through. I make it as simple as I can: I give them what they want, and in return, they give me what I want.
And I want their souls, forever aligned to my flight's element.
I find no difficulty in speaking to them, persuading them, charming my way into getting what I desire. They're all so easy to convince, to coerce into giving what I covet so much.

Especially this Coatl I recently found. He must've been too young to rightfully understand the danger of my parchment. I watch him, staying in the shadows, waiting for the right time to take what is mine. . .

. . .or what will be mine. . .very soon. . . .

1. very pretty :)
2. very cool :0

sorry for the wait! I got busy yesterday and didn't see these until morning :( Hope these can help with their lore!
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

Hello! I was still kinda new to the lore I was making for my dragons. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/910161/91016041_350.png[/img] She already has some details in her bio but nothing too in-depth there. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/910672/91067134_350.png[/img] and this guy here is her adopted brother, maybe you can do something with him based on the other's bio.
Hello! I was still kinda new to the lore I was making for my dragons.

91016041_350.png

She already has some details in her bio but nothing too in-depth there.

91067134_350.png

and this guy here is her adopted brother, maybe you can do something with him based on the other's bio.
3ch3Aj8.gifNzIvRCm.giflnxu2ne.gifNzIvRCm.gif3ch3Aj8.gif
@Skittles251
Quote:
I'll do whatever it takes. . .I just want him back. . . .

She lost him, how long ago she could not remember. Her mind has been bundled with her thoughts, her motives, her reminders. She can bring him back, she tells herself every day, laboring until exhaustion pulls her away from her work.

I remember what he looked like when he first came back. . .his pale, ghostly eyes staring right back into my own, devoid of the emotion I knew was in there. He was stagnant, silent, yet alive. Just a hollowed husk.

Isis has been trying forever to fix him, to help him become normal again; it frightens her to see him like this, a lifeless-like shell, drifting everywhere without a thought. She had to resort to. . .darker means of retrieving his energetic spirit back, and a necromancer had she become. Delving into the shaded abilities unlike the flight, she became restless, constantly searching for a way to fix him by any means she deems necessary.

It. . .It strains on me. . .the voices. . .their cold breaths slowly falling down my neck. . .

It was never known to any other dragon why Imperials always bury the fallen siblings of the breed far from the clan, though it was immensely heeded. However, the desperate Skydancer was in need of a few in order to bring him back. . .
She had done so anyway, at first elated to find out it worked, even if his body was all that came back. The longer time had passed afterward, the more she could hear things from nowhere, shivers suddenly tingling her back, unknown presences nearby her.
It's just the magic I use. . .I know it is. . .hopefully. . . .

Isis only thinks it comes from her skills, dealing with the dark, unhaving to pay her prices just yet. She feels as though they're unintelligible warnings, that she could be delving deeper than she should be, that she should cease while her soul is still intact. She continues against the unexplainable heeds, progressing in her work to fix Osiris, determined to bring him back completely.

Osiris.
I promise I'll fix you.

:0
Quote:
The only one who truly deserves my full attention, my love, is myself. . . .

Shade-touched.

All of them. They're weak. Defenseless. Even the biggest are weakened by a splinter in their ego.

Distant.

I easily position myself just like that. Unable to fight, scurrying to hide behind anyone I can. It humors me in my mind.

Dark amalgamation.

It's cute. All these prideful, arrogant, scared, helpless drakes acting like they have nothing bad of them. Their weaknesses are much to obvious, and I internally cringe whenever they say nothing of that exists in their heads.

Superior.

I can find them, hidden in the deepest parts of their minuscule souls. They can't hide from a blunt, watchful spirit, able to see all sides of a person as easily as one can breath.

Ghostly.

I need no one, yet they all need me. Others will always be dependent on me, and I cannot will not change that.

Cold shadow.

I wonder. . .why must I be the smartest? I don't mean to; it just happens. It baffles me sometimes whenever I speak to someone, and almost makes me forget I have to act even dumber than they sound to be considered normal around them.

Beautiful.

Mirrors are beginning to become useless to me. It's now an average for me to be distracting with my looks, but I don't remember a time when I wasn't.

A Dark Princess.
Dang! Super pretty dragons you got, plus the cool lore!
Sorry for the delay(please check my last request to see why)
I snickered when I read the situation about her and Link, btw XD
@Skittles251
Quote:
I'll do whatever it takes. . .I just want him back. . . .

She lost him, how long ago she could not remember. Her mind has been bundled with her thoughts, her motives, her reminders. She can bring him back, she tells herself every day, laboring until exhaustion pulls her away from her work.

I remember what he looked like when he first came back. . .his pale, ghostly eyes staring right back into my own, devoid of the emotion I knew was in there. He was stagnant, silent, yet alive. Just a hollowed husk.

Isis has been trying forever to fix him, to help him become normal again; it frightens her to see him like this, a lifeless-like shell, drifting everywhere without a thought. She had to resort to. . .darker means of retrieving his energetic spirit back, and a necromancer had she become. Delving into the shaded abilities unlike the flight, she became restless, constantly searching for a way to fix him by any means she deems necessary.

It. . .It strains on me. . .the voices. . .their cold breaths slowly falling down my neck. . .

It was never known to any other dragon why Imperials always bury the fallen siblings of the breed far from the clan, though it was immensely heeded. However, the desperate Skydancer was in need of a few in order to bring him back. . .
She had done so anyway, at first elated to find out it worked, even if his body was all that came back. The longer time had passed afterward, the more she could hear things from nowhere, shivers suddenly tingling her back, unknown presences nearby her.
It's just the magic I use. . .I know it is. . .hopefully. . . .

Isis only thinks it comes from her skills, dealing with the dark, unhaving to pay her prices just yet. She feels as though they're unintelligible warnings, that she could be delving deeper than she should be, that she should cease while her soul is still intact. She continues against the unexplainable heeds, progressing in her work to fix Osiris, determined to bring him back completely.

Osiris.
I promise I'll fix you.

:0
Quote:
The only one who truly deserves my full attention, my love, is myself. . . .

Shade-touched.

All of them. They're weak. Defenseless. Even the biggest are weakened by a splinter in their ego.

Distant.

I easily position myself just like that. Unable to fight, scurrying to hide behind anyone I can. It humors me in my mind.

Dark amalgamation.

It's cute. All these prideful, arrogant, scared, helpless drakes acting like they have nothing bad of them. Their weaknesses are much to obvious, and I internally cringe whenever they say nothing of that exists in their heads.

Superior.

I can find them, hidden in the deepest parts of their minuscule souls. They can't hide from a blunt, watchful spirit, able to see all sides of a person as easily as one can breath.

Ghostly.

I need no one, yet they all need me. Others will always be dependent on me, and I cannot will not change that.

Cold shadow.

I wonder. . .why must I be the smartest? I don't mean to; it just happens. It baffles me sometimes whenever I speak to someone, and almost makes me forget I have to act even dumber than they sound to be considered normal around them.

Beautiful.

Mirrors are beginning to become useless to me. It's now an average for me to be distracting with my looks, but I don't remember a time when I wasn't.

A Dark Princess.
Dang! Super pretty dragons you got, plus the cool lore!
Sorry for the delay(please check my last request to see why)
I snickered when I read the situation about her and Link, btw XD
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

@Gubyub

Thank you so much! Those are both amazing! And I'm glad you enjoyed their lore! :D
@Gubyub

Thank you so much! Those are both amazing! And I'm glad you enjoyed their lore! :D
BiYzByz.gif6z1gQFM.png FI4rElJ.png asexual_zpscvse3pjl.pngN6rygcH.pngkPMrajo.pnglnrYYwg.pngtumblr_o1cb6f8u9h1unhfhho3_r3_100.png
eZ5CPeG.gif

tumblr_ny7bkbgNXY1s88na0o1_400.png

uw3nPsd.png

yxjAjIa.png
rB3k2Un.png
57hQ131.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18