Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Free dergs and an invite to info dump
@Eclipsesss HELLOO absolutely agree about this week and omg I hope everything's alright after yesterday??

I'm excited about people who know a lot of horror and detective books and love it bcs it's not what I read often (and can talk about) and it's also one of the most interesting sides of the fiction!!! I love detective shows but know nothing about murder stories writers.

I love educational books too and I'd buy all the natural science encyclopedias and books if I could ggfhhhhfgf I really want to have huggge heavy encyclopedias about sea world and animals and space full of pictures and facts that I could read for hours but unfortunately I don't have anything like this right now. usually I read non-fiction about my favourite animals and I permanently try to read physics books about time and space but I don't finish them and return them to the library even though its one of my favourite subjects ,,,,, if we talk about fiction I love sci-fi and fantasy books. sci-fi - because it's always full of ideas and authors usually show interesting ways of the organisation of society in the future and human development! sci-fi usually reflects the present reality and makes incredible worlds around it (for example the reflection of the ideas of the present was more than obvious in soviet sci-fi books)
but I always get tired of the domination of the technologies and then fantasy books and movies are my way back through the time (also back to my childhood bcs I loved fantasy worlds even more than now those days)
I think terry pratchett is one of my favourite authors!!! he had a brilliant sense of humour and absolutely unique (.....so british..) style of writing and wrote a lot about his own disc world with irony that always makes laugh and love his characters!!!

btw reading 'all the light we cannot see" now and Oh god it's beautiful
never thought I would like a book about wartime but I'm in love with every chapter bcs the stories of the main characters make me FEEL so much
@Eclipsesss HELLOO absolutely agree about this week and omg I hope everything's alright after yesterday??

I'm excited about people who know a lot of horror and detective books and love it bcs it's not what I read often (and can talk about) and it's also one of the most interesting sides of the fiction!!! I love detective shows but know nothing about murder stories writers.

I love educational books too and I'd buy all the natural science encyclopedias and books if I could ggfhhhhfgf I really want to have huggge heavy encyclopedias about sea world and animals and space full of pictures and facts that I could read for hours but unfortunately I don't have anything like this right now. usually I read non-fiction about my favourite animals and I permanently try to read physics books about time and space but I don't finish them and return them to the library even though its one of my favourite subjects ,,,,, if we talk about fiction I love sci-fi and fantasy books. sci-fi - because it's always full of ideas and authors usually show interesting ways of the organisation of society in the future and human development! sci-fi usually reflects the present reality and makes incredible worlds around it (for example the reflection of the ideas of the present was more than obvious in soviet sci-fi books)
but I always get tired of the domination of the technologies and then fantasy books and movies are my way back through the time (also back to my childhood bcs I loved fantasy worlds even more than now those days)
I think terry pratchett is one of my favourite authors!!! he had a brilliant sense of humour and absolutely unique (.....so british..) style of writing and wrote a lot about his own disc world with irony that always makes laugh and love his characters!!!

btw reading 'all the light we cannot see" now and Oh god it's beautiful
never thought I would like a book about wartime but I'm in love with every chapter bcs the stories of the main characters make me FEEL so much
FR +10 so im very rarely active in FR late afternoon and evening :>
@minkegogo
I accidentally deleted everything I wrote.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
@minkegogo
I accidentally deleted everything I wrote.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
@minkegogo
Basically
Yes I wish I could buy a lot of encyclopedias about birds.
I'm making my own murder mystery game and when the demos finished I could tell you more about it.
I usually have a hard time finishing my projects and books on time. But I don't think that's a bad thing entirely. Everyone has their own comfortable pace to go about something. If you were to rush the thing you love doing, wouldn't that just make it stressful? Taking your time and enjoying something isn't bad. It being your favorite thing doesn't mean you have to engage with it always.
You can always read it another time after all :)

I love fiction a lot too. World building is one of my favorite parts and seeing other authors come up with their own setting is fascinating. And yes I like fantasy better than sci-fi. It's just more fun for me.

I have not read a book from Terry Pratchett before. I haven't seen one sold where I live. But I have watched Good Omens. I can't bring myself to watch the ending to the second season though. People seem quite sad and I can guess what happened but I don't want to be heartbroken. I'll probably watch it after this message actually. My friend really wants me to finish it.
(So British hehehehe)

I have never been interested in wartime stories either. But if the character building and emotional beats are actually that good I can check it out.

(Sorry I wrote so much before and now it's all gone :''''''( )
@minkegogo
Basically
Yes I wish I could buy a lot of encyclopedias about birds.
I'm making my own murder mystery game and when the demos finished I could tell you more about it.
I usually have a hard time finishing my projects and books on time. But I don't think that's a bad thing entirely. Everyone has their own comfortable pace to go about something. If you were to rush the thing you love doing, wouldn't that just make it stressful? Taking your time and enjoying something isn't bad. It being your favorite thing doesn't mean you have to engage with it always.
You can always read it another time after all :)

I love fiction a lot too. World building is one of my favorite parts and seeing other authors come up with their own setting is fascinating. And yes I like fantasy better than sci-fi. It's just more fun for me.

I have not read a book from Terry Pratchett before. I haven't seen one sold where I live. But I have watched Good Omens. I can't bring myself to watch the ending to the second season though. People seem quite sad and I can guess what happened but I don't want to be heartbroken. I'll probably watch it after this message actually. My friend really wants me to finish it.
(So British hehehehe)

I have never been interested in wartime stories either. But if the character building and emotional beats are actually that good I can check it out.

(Sorry I wrote so much before and now it's all gone :''''''( )
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90556285][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/905563/90556285_350.png[/img][/url] Could I get this pretty purple girl <3 My lil infodump is going to be about how cats have more than just catnip as a plant they react to! If a cat doesn't like catnip for instance, their is a branching woody plant called silvervine ! Silvervine is just as safe for cats as catnip is as well! If you give silverside to a cat you can scrape off the bark or leave it whole, similar to catnip, its the smell that primarily affects the cat. If a cat gets sleepy with one they might get excited or silly with the other (and vice versa)!
90556285_350.png
Could I get this pretty purple girl <3
My lil infodump is going to be about how cats have more than just catnip as a plant they react to! If a cat doesn't like catnip for instance, their is a branching woody plant called silvervine ! Silvervine is just as safe for cats as catnip is as well! If you give silverside to a cat you can scrape off the bark or leave it whole, similar to catnip, its the smell that primarily affects the cat. If a cat gets sleepy with one they might get excited or silly with the other (and vice versa)!
0KYrfCc.png Check out my hatchery tab (work in progress)
25960fa995b6eef1d9426cdc29f1077592762b36.png

@conceptwitch
She is on her way!
I guessed there were more plants that could affect cats but I never looked it up. The reaction being different from cat to cat with each plant is quite interesting.This can be an useful information for a friend in the future. Thank you :)
@conceptwitch
She is on her way!
I guessed there were more plants that could affect cats but I never looked it up. The reaction being different from cat to cat with each plant is quite interesting.This can be an useful information for a friend in the future. Thank you :)
Bumpppppp
Well I can't really think of a fun fact right now so how about a dragon I'm trying to get right now?
This is one of the possible hatchlings from my spring winds pair. I think they're quite beautiful hopefully I can get them this time.
Pretttty(Solaris/Icarus)
Bumpppppp
Well I can't really think of a fun fact right now so how about a dragon I'm trying to get right now?
This is one of the possible hatchlings from my spring winds pair. I think they're quite beautiful hopefully I can get them this time.
Pretttty(Solaris/Icarus)
Bumpppppp
Another pretty derg I want.
Another spring winds kid.
Anotherprett(Solaris/Icarus)
Bumpppppp
Another pretty derg I want.
Another spring winds kid.
Anotherprett(Solaris/Icarus)
Bumppppp
Birds can't taste capsaicin. So they can enjoy very spicy food without discomfort. This also helps the plant because the birds will make the seeds reach places mammals can't reach. Mammals usually destroy the plant in the process of eating, while birds just peck at the red fruits.
Also peppers and eggplants are fruits. I'm going to make a fruit salad for a friend. I wrote about it before and I'm planning on making it a reality.
Bumppppp
Birds can't taste capsaicin. So they can enjoy very spicy food without discomfort. This also helps the plant because the birds will make the seeds reach places mammals can't reach. Mammals usually destroy the plant in the process of eating, while birds just peck at the red fruits.
Also peppers and eggplants are fruits. I'm going to make a fruit salad for a friend. I wrote about it before and I'm planning on making it a reality.
Bumpppppppp
There are multiple mammal species that ley eggs.
Platypus's are of course the most well know ones. Echidnas also lay eggs(In Archie Sonic, Knuckles was born from an egg. That's the most normal thing in that comic.)
Monotremes also lay eggs. That's what they are most known for actually.
I'm not sure if all Echidna species lay eggs, I have to research more about that. I don't wanna give misinformation and you should always check if something you learnt is true or not. Whether you heard it on the internet or not misinformation is quite common these days.
Bumpppppppp
There are multiple mammal species that ley eggs.
Platypus's are of course the most well know ones. Echidnas also lay eggs(In Archie Sonic, Knuckles was born from an egg. That's the most normal thing in that comic.)
Monotremes also lay eggs. That's what they are most known for actually.
I'm not sure if all Echidna species lay eggs, I have to research more about that. I don't wanna give misinformation and you should always check if something you learnt is true or not. Whether you heard it on the internet or not misinformation is quite common these days.
Bumpppppppp
This hatchling is from my bubbling wishes pair.
I don't have any lair space left so I can't hatch the nest. I'm waiting for someone to adopt :')
Cuteee(fizzy/wish)
Bumpppppppp
This hatchling is from my bubbling wishes pair.
I don't have any lair space left so I can't hatch the nest. I'm waiting for someone to adopt :')
Cuteee(fizzy/wish)