Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Achievements] I did it!
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/936424776216510494/1119688935812108399/image.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/936424776216510494/1119698688453918780/image.png[/img] whew!!!! it's very stressful at the end, when you have 900k and everything to lose X| now the only fairground achievements left are the ones that just take a long time....
image.png

image.png

whew!!!!

it's very stressful at the end, when you have 900k and everything to lose X|

now the only fairground achievements left are the ones that just take a long time....
Nice!! Great job! What difficulty did you do it on, and do you have any tips? I've seen a lot of frustration about this achievement and I'm wondering if there's something we're missing.
Nice!! Great job! What difficulty did you do it on, and do you have any tips? I've seen a lot of frustration about this achievement and I'm wondering if there's something we're missing.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
@jordanosphere i did it on very hard! i had a few strategies in mind but it still takes a few tries, and sometimes you just get really unlucky

- i think this is a basic one, but when you get the board clear, COMPLETELY flatten the board (or at least, only have one or two holes in the top layer) and wait until it gets to the very top (the score should say 66 tiles, i think)

- generally, try to keep the board flat! it tends to become a U shape in my experience and that's a big killer. you'll be looking in the middle-bottom of the screen and suddenly one big tower hits the top without you noticing

- i'm not sure what the actual consensus is on if larger combos points are worth the time it takes, but i try to set them up anyway instead of hitting every 3-combo i can see immediately

- in that line, i hear people say you should just spam click, but i don't do that. i am pretty good at puzzle games and quick thinking so ymmv

- don't look at the score!! if you lose you lose, glancing away just distracts you and if you see that you're super close it'll make you stressed and make more mistakes

- lastly, i use mouse for the actual tile navigation but keyboard to press S for the board clear, so i don't have to take my cursor off the screen at all. i'm not sure if the time saved there is worth learning a whole new control scheme, though. i probably wouldn't try it on mobile since i've heard the controls don't work all the time, and the most important thing is being able to click exactly where you want as fast as possible

there's a couple more strategies for specific scenarios but they're very particular and i'd probably need to screenshot/record myself to explain, lol. hope this helps and gl everyone on the achievement!
@jordanosphere i did it on very hard! i had a few strategies in mind but it still takes a few tries, and sometimes you just get really unlucky

- i think this is a basic one, but when you get the board clear, COMPLETELY flatten the board (or at least, only have one or two holes in the top layer) and wait until it gets to the very top (the score should say 66 tiles, i think)

- generally, try to keep the board flat! it tends to become a U shape in my experience and that's a big killer. you'll be looking in the middle-bottom of the screen and suddenly one big tower hits the top without you noticing

- i'm not sure what the actual consensus is on if larger combos points are worth the time it takes, but i try to set them up anyway instead of hitting every 3-combo i can see immediately

- in that line, i hear people say you should just spam click, but i don't do that. i am pretty good at puzzle games and quick thinking so ymmv

- don't look at the score!! if you lose you lose, glancing away just distracts you and if you see that you're super close it'll make you stressed and make more mistakes

- lastly, i use mouse for the actual tile navigation but keyboard to press S for the board clear, so i don't have to take my cursor off the screen at all. i'm not sure if the time saved there is worth learning a whole new control scheme, though. i probably wouldn't try it on mobile since i've heard the controls don't work all the time, and the most important thing is being able to click exactly where you want as fast as possible

there's a couple more strategies for specific scenarios but they're very particular and i'd probably need to screenshot/record myself to explain, lol. hope this helps and gl everyone on the achievement!
Wooo! Congrats!

I've only been able to get high scores on easy mode (over 800k). When I've tried very hard, the highest score I've gotten so far has been under 200k. lol

To each their own I guess.
Wooo! Congrats!

I've only been able to get high scores on easy mode (over 800k). When I've tried very hard, the highest score I've gotten so far has been under 200k. lol

To each their own I guess.
30oPYgq.png
Under half an hour too. Amazing. Congratulations and thank you so much for the tips ♥
Under half an hour too. Amazing. Congratulations and thank you so much for the tips ♥

FRT + 14
SINNOUK
‎ ‎ ‎ Maevepanda's Color Bars: Aqua Maevepanda's Color Bars: Turquoise
Maevepanda's Color Bars: Goldenrod
‎ ‎ ‎ FIRE, I once read, is
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎ the winter that
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎warms ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ and
‎‎ the spring
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎that ‎‎consumes.
Thank you for the tips! I also just noticed your 0 achievement score, I love it.
Thank you for the tips! I also just noticed your 0 achievement score, I love it.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png