Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Dragon Pricing Help
So once I sell this dragon it'll be fully leveled and unstatted(with tincture) but I don't usually sell dragons and don't know the regular going prices Also it doesn't have very rare genes(with the exception of skeletal being limited) or nice colors, but it does have multigaze which is something I guess. I don't know how much that affects the price tho [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78979547][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/789796/78979547_350.png[/img][/url]
So once I sell this dragon it'll be fully leveled and unstatted(with tincture) but I don't usually sell dragons and don't know the regular going prices

Also it doesn't have very rare genes(with the exception of skeletal being limited) or nice colors, but it does have multigaze which is something I guess. I don't know how much that affects the price tho

78979547_350.png
Nothing to see here just a normal signature
a picture
____text relating
____to picture
_______________________________________________ A link
_______________________________________________or a few
________________________________________________links
@Mikrowaveoven Welcome to the dragon market! When it comes to the basics of selling & pricing dragons, start with [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2959749#post_46018583][u]Nightwind's Guide.[/u][/url][/b] As you can probably see, dragon sales above the fodder floor (the absolute cheapest dragon prices) are a game of luck and patience, but there are nuances to learn that improve your odds. If you're ultimately unsure, the common tactic is to start by listing them for a higher price than you expect them to sell for, then gradually lower that price over time as you see fit. First, whether something is "rare" is one question; whether it's [i]"valuable"[/i] is another thing entirely. As you may have noticed, dragons are plentiful, and many of them are quite cheap. Limited genes and special eyes are technically [i]rare[/i] in terms of breeding chances, but given that tens of thousands of dragons hatch every day, even Primal-eyed dragons are sold for [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_eye=6&collapse=1][u]fodder prices[/u][/url] if their colors aren't appealing. As such, a dragon's ultimate selling price - and whether it sells at all - entirely depends on the whims and opinions of the internet strangers who see it. Whether you list them for sale on the Auction House or advertise them on the forums, it's all about finding a buyer willing to pay your price - or haggle down to something reasonable. Pricing guides that suggest "Add X price for Y gene" do exist, but I don't recommend following them. It's a made-up rule that neither buyers nor sellers are required to follow, and may not reflect the minimum or maximum of what a real person is willing to pay for the whole dragon in practice. The general advice is to compare your dragon to [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons][u]Auction House[/u][/url][/b] listings of similar dragons, which means searching for a [i]close color range,[/i] then deciding how to price your dragon based on the ones you find. If someone wants to buy a dragon similar to yours, similar dragons are going to be their point of comparison, and likely your direct sales competition. While it's all subjective, you'll want to take various traits into account when deciding how yours measures up. Nightwind's guide elaborates on these factors, but also to [b]focus on colors first;[/b] genes, breed, and eye type can be changed with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/items/specialty?page=1&name=&description=&itemid=&display_type=&treasure_min=&treasure_max=&gem_min=&gem_max=&rarity=&color=&subcategory=specialty+items&hoard_vault=&sort=name_asc&submit=Apply][u]Specialty items[/u][/url] as desired, so while they're certainly relevant, they're not the be-all-end-all of dragon value. [b]Colors, element, and ID number[/b] [i]cannot be changed,[/i] so those are some inherent values to consider. Other pricing factors include Coliseum level/stones, ID number, and various [i]collectors' niches[/i] that make certain traits more desirable to certain players. Since you're the one selling, it's up to you to decide how your dragon should be valued in comparison to the other dragons you find, keeping their differences in mind when doing so. In his case, selling him as a [b]Level 25 dragon[/b] makes a significant difference. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_body_range=91-8&d_wings_range=119-68&d_tert_range=74-4&collapse=1][u]Colors like his[/u][/url] seem to be very cheap at the moment, but [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_level_min=25&collapse=1][u]Level 25s[/u][/url] tend to sell for [b]200 Gems minimum,[/b] regardless of color. Multi-gaze eyes are technically rare, but Plague doesn't match him very well, in my opinion, so they don't necessarily earn him many points. If you're hopeful, I'd start at 250 Gems/250,000 Treasure or so once he's fully-leveled. If he doesn't sell for a few weeks, lower it as you see fit. Good luck! If any of this was confusing, or you have further questions, you're in the perfect place to ask! [emoji=new friend]
@Mikrowaveoven

Welcome to the dragon market! When it comes to the basics of selling & pricing dragons, start with Nightwind's Guide. As you can probably see, dragon sales above the fodder floor (the absolute cheapest dragon prices) are a game of luck and patience, but there are nuances to learn that improve your odds.

If you're ultimately unsure, the common tactic is to start by listing them for a higher price than you expect them to sell for, then gradually lower that price over time as you see fit.

First, whether something is "rare" is one question; whether it's "valuable" is another thing entirely. As you may have noticed, dragons are plentiful, and many of them are quite cheap. Limited genes and special eyes are technically rare in terms of breeding chances, but given that tens of thousands of dragons hatch every day, even Primal-eyed dragons are sold for fodder prices if their colors aren't appealing.

As such, a dragon's ultimate selling price - and whether it sells at all - entirely depends on the whims and opinions of the internet strangers who see it. Whether you list them for sale on the Auction House or advertise them on the forums, it's all about finding a buyer willing to pay your price - or haggle down to something reasonable.

Pricing guides that suggest "Add X price for Y gene" do exist, but I don't recommend following them. It's a made-up rule that neither buyers nor sellers are required to follow, and may not reflect the minimum or maximum of what a real person is willing to pay for the whole dragon in practice.

The general advice is to compare your dragon to Auction House listings of similar dragons, which means searching for a close color range, then deciding how to price your dragon based on the ones you find. If someone wants to buy a dragon similar to yours, similar dragons are going to be their point of comparison, and likely your direct sales competition.

While it's all subjective, you'll want to take various traits into account when deciding how yours measures up. Nightwind's guide elaborates on these factors, but also to focus on colors first; genes, breed, and eye type can be changed with Specialty items as desired, so while they're certainly relevant, they're not the be-all-end-all of dragon value.

Colors, element, and ID number cannot be changed, so those are some inherent values to consider. Other pricing factors include Coliseum level/stones, ID number, and various collectors' niches that make certain traits more desirable to certain players.

Since you're the one selling, it's up to you to decide how your dragon should be valued in comparison to the other dragons you find, keeping their differences in mind when doing so.

In his case, selling him as a Level 25 dragon makes a significant difference. Colors like his seem to be very cheap at the moment, but Level 25s tend to sell for 200 Gems minimum, regardless of color. Multi-gaze eyes are technically rare, but Plague doesn't match him very well, in my opinion, so they don't necessarily earn him many points.

If you're hopeful, I'd start at 250 Gems/250,000 Treasure or so once he's fully-leveled. If he doesn't sell for a few weeks, lower it as you see fit.

Good luck! If any of this was confusing, or you have further questions, you're in the perfect place to ask!
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
Thank you so much!

And it wasn't confusing at all, it was very helpful and a lot more info than I was hoping for (in a good way ofc)

Also I love your Hollow Knight signature img!
Thank you so much!

And it wasn't confusing at all, it was very helpful and a lot more info than I was hoping for (in a good way ofc)

Also I love your Hollow Knight signature img!
Nothing to see here just a normal signature
a picture
____text relating
____to picture
_______________________________________________ A link
_______________________________________________or a few
________________________________________________links