Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Grey-Out Locked Items in Crim's Trades
This suggestion is a bit more than the title said, simply because of the character limit, but it's essentially the same sort of thing. [b]TLDR: Either grey out locked items in Crim's Trade requests by showing the item as 'not owned', and/or show the item's 'use tabs' similar to how they're shown in one's hoard.[/b] These little bars at the bottom of an item in the hoard are what I mean by 'use tabs'. The things that show the item can be used in other places, like hibernal dens, alchemy, swipp's swap, etc. [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/89/ce/euMjOjhK_o.png[/img] Going into more detail from here on. c': -- [b]Grey Out Locked Items in Crim's Trade Requests[/b] When locking an item, the site says that you won't be able to sell it. ... and yet, they still show up as able to be traded for gold through Crim. I know I've accidentally sold a number of items this way by accident, thinking that they wouldn't show up there since they've been items I had locked for some other purpose. Given the locked items (in my case) are for things like hibernal dens, swipp swaps, or alchemy, I don't actually remember what all of them are without looking, but also don't have them in my vault for the same reason; the numbers you have of those items won't be counted for any of those purposes if they're in the vault. I imagine that, in general, if someone has locked items in their hoard, they aren't holding onto them for the purpose of selling to Crim, but even so, having locked items be greyed out as non-tradeable, or having a toggleable option to exclude them from Crim's Cart in this manner would be great. [b]EDIT FOR CLARITY:[/b] Initially I said 'exclusion', but I meant that in terms of excluding the item from being traded, not asked for. In other words, if an item is locked, grey it out (the same way the item would be if you don't own it) if Crim asks for it, maybe even have a little lock icon next to it to show that you have it, but it's locked and currently not able to be sold. I didn't mean to say remove it from the items she asks for completely so she'll never ask for locked items, just instead have it shown as 'not owning the item' unless it's unlocked. All that said, I'm not sure how easy this might be to code, since it would be different items for every user. So a possible alternative that might be easier, and also a nice feature, is the second part to this. -- [b]Showing An Item's 'Use Tab' Under The Icon If Crim Asks For It[/b] I'm not sure what else to call it, but the little bar at the bottom of some items, the ones on the screenshot pictured above, those are what I mean by 'Use Tab's. Having these visible would also be a great addition to stopping the accidental trade of certain items if they have a use outside of being a collectible. Since the use tabs are already present in the hoard / vault and are the same across all items, I think showing it on the item that Crim is asking for would be very helpful for not accidentally trading things that were being saved for those purposes. Right now, there's no indicator on the items. Even if they're locked, and can be used for hibernal slots, for instance, Crim will still ask for it and there won't be any indicator of its other purpose. But this would be a great QoL feature to prevent that, or prevent having to look up each item to make sure it [i]isn't[/i] possible to be used for something else. Again, I'm not sure how easy this would be to code, but since the little indicators are already on the site (in the hoard), I imagine it might be an easier thing to implement by just showing the same little bar (without the checkbox and number dropdown) for Crim.
This suggestion is a bit more than the title said, simply because of the character limit, but it's essentially the same sort of thing.

TLDR: Either grey out locked items in Crim's Trade requests by showing the item as 'not owned', and/or show the item's 'use tabs' similar to how they're shown in one's hoard.

These little bars at the bottom of an item in the hoard are what I mean by 'use tabs'. The things that show the item can be used in other places, like hibernal dens, alchemy, swipp's swap, etc.

euMjOjhK_o.png

Going into more detail from here on. c':
--

Grey Out Locked Items in Crim's Trade Requests

When locking an item, the site says that you won't be able to sell it. ... and yet, they still show up as able to be traded for gold through Crim. I know I've accidentally sold a number of items this way by accident, thinking that they wouldn't show up there since they've been items I had locked for some other purpose. Given the locked items (in my case) are for things like hibernal dens, swipp swaps, or alchemy, I don't actually remember what all of them are without looking, but also don't have them in my vault for the same reason; the numbers you have of those items won't be counted for any of those purposes if they're in the vault.

I imagine that, in general, if someone has locked items in their hoard, they aren't holding onto them for the purpose of selling to Crim, but even so, having locked items be greyed out as non-tradeable, or having a toggleable option to exclude them from Crim's Cart in this manner would be great.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: Initially I said 'exclusion', but I meant that in terms of excluding the item from being traded, not asked for. In other words, if an item is locked, grey it out (the same way the item would be if you don't own it) if Crim asks for it, maybe even have a little lock icon next to it to show that you have it, but it's locked and currently not able to be sold. I didn't mean to say remove it from the items she asks for completely so she'll never ask for locked items, just instead have it shown as 'not owning the item' unless it's unlocked.

All that said, I'm not sure how easy this might be to code, since it would be different items for every user. So a possible alternative that might be easier, and also a nice feature, is the second part to this.

--

Showing An Item's 'Use Tab' Under The Icon If Crim Asks For It

I'm not sure what else to call it, but the little bar at the bottom of some items, the ones on the screenshot pictured above, those are what I mean by 'Use Tab's.

Having these visible would also be a great addition to stopping the accidental trade of certain items if they have a use outside of being a collectible. Since the use tabs are already present in the hoard / vault and are the same across all items, I think showing it on the item that Crim is asking for would be very helpful for not accidentally trading things that were being saved for those purposes.

Right now, there's no indicator on the items. Even if they're locked, and can be used for hibernal slots, for instance, Crim will still ask for it and there won't be any indicator of its other purpose.

But this would be a great QoL feature to prevent that, or prevent having to look up each item to make sure it isn't possible to be used for something else.

Again, I'm not sure how easy this would be to code, but since the little indicators are already on the site (in the hoard), I imagine it might be an easier thing to implement by just showing the same little bar (without the checkbox and number dropdown) for Crim.
Maybe instead of just excluding them from the Crim pool altogether, if you have the item but it’s locked, the button turns gray and isn’t clickable, as if you didn’t have it at all?
Maybe instead of just excluding them from the Crim pool altogether, if you have the item but it’s locked, the button turns gray and isn’t clickable, as if you didn’t have it at all?
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
[quote name="Plasmafire" date="2022-12-16 20:29:07" ] Maybe instead of just excluding them from the Crim pool altogether, if you have the item but it’s locked, the button turns gray and isn’t clickable, as if you didn’t have it at all? [/quote] I would prefer this. But yes, otherwise I like the general idea.
Plasmafire wrote on 2022-12-16 20:29:07:
I would prefer this. But yes, otherwise I like the general idea.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
oh by all that the dragon gods hold dear, PLEASE let this become a feature!!

i've advocated for this for years, and i shudder to think of all the items i accidentally sold to Crim because i couldn't remember all the items i needed for a swipp trade or a baldwin brew...now that the list of items needed for those features is probably well into the hundreds, i don't know how anyone can keep track of them without a spreadsheet or researching every item Crim asks for in the game database. let the 'lock' feature apply to Crim!
oh by all that the dragon gods hold dear, PLEASE let this become a feature!!

i've advocated for this for years, and i shudder to think of all the items i accidentally sold to Crim because i couldn't remember all the items i needed for a swipp trade or a baldwin brew...now that the list of items needed for those features is probably well into the hundreds, i don't know how anyone can keep track of them without a spreadsheet or researching every item Crim asks for in the game database. let the 'lock' feature apply to Crim!
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
[quote name="Plasmafire" date="2022-12-16 20:29:07" ] Maybe instead of just excluding them from the Crim pool altogether, if you have the item but it’s locked, the button turns gray and isn’t clickable, as if you didn’t have it at all? [/quote] Oh yeah, that's what I meant! I'll reword it to be more clear. I basically wanted it to like... count you as not having the item, remove it from the items you could sell to Crim, not like... take it out of being suggested completely, but yeah, I can definitely see how it could sound like 'make it so she'll never ask for this', rip.
Plasmafire wrote on 2022-12-16 20:29:07:

Oh yeah, that's what I meant! I'll reword it to be more clear.

I basically wanted it to like... count you as not having the item, remove it from the items you could sell to Crim, not like... take it out of being suggested completely, but yeah, I can definitely see how it could sound like 'make it so she'll never ask for this', rip.
no support for exclusion, or preventing locked items from being traded for crim. so far the locking mechanism's only purpose is to prevent from converting and hoardselling item, and this could mess up people's organization methods, because many people (including me) use locking to hold onto items to use for trading post features.

what i instead support is to way to customize what features the locking extends to. this way users whose organization methods are based on current lock system will not be disrupted, and its useful for more people than it would be if it was extended only to crim.
no support for exclusion, or preventing locked items from being traded for crim. so far the locking mechanism's only purpose is to prevent from converting and hoardselling item, and this could mess up people's organization methods, because many people (including me) use locking to hold onto items to use for trading post features.

what i instead support is to way to customize what features the locking extends to. this way users whose organization methods are based on current lock system will not be disrupted, and its useful for more people than it would be if it was extended only to crim.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd