Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Full Outfit Sets or Ragtag?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I've always wanted to ask this, do you prefer using a full set of apparel when it comes out? Such as the new Carousel sets? Or do you prefer to mix and match clothing to try and match color schemes? I personally like the challenge of trying to mix and match different apparel I have to make a cohesive looking outfit while trying to avoid using too many pieces in the same set. [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35889150][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/358892/35889150_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]I think my most successful hodgepodge is Saniainen, at least via "prettiest dragon above you" selections.[/columns] Just an example of what I mean when I say hodgepodge.
I've always wanted to ask this, do you prefer using a full set of apparel when it comes out? Such as the new Carousel sets?

Or do you prefer to mix and match clothing to try and match color schemes? I personally like the challenge of trying to mix and match different apparel I have to make a cohesive looking outfit while trying to avoid using too many pieces in the same set.
35889150_350.png I think my most successful hodgepodge is Saniainen, at least via "prettiest dragon above you" selections.

Just an example of what I mean when I say hodgepodge.
................DY8LRv7.png WDItveK.png
ePOliyb.pngMHHKqsF.pngkI850Ts.png
mix and match, a full set feels too cluttered
mix and match, a full set feels too cluttered

she/her | fr+3.|.skins

.................................………….....
GCDcYEq.png
i'm a dedicated mix-and-matcher! the only thing i try to keep relatively consistent is type of clothing (like would a warrior be wearing silks? probably not)
i'm a dedicated mix-and-matcher! the only thing i try to keep relatively consistent is type of clothing (like would a warrior be wearing silks? probably not)
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
A full set.
A full set.
my problem is that im a big completionist and full sets feel so complete and GOOD, but it also often looks like too much or just plain boring ;---; so I often try to wear full sets without even thinking about it, and then force myself to take something off and swap that for a different apparel for variety
my problem is that im a big completionist and full sets feel so complete and GOOD, but it also often looks like too much or just plain boring ;---; so I often try to wear full sets without even thinking about it, and then force myself to take something off and swap that for a different apparel for variety
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
I wish I could mix and match apparel, but my OCD dictates the sets must be piled onto a dragon.
I wish I could mix and match apparel, but my OCD dictates the sets must be piled onto a dragon.
9iqeDz7.png
@Disme - Oooh good point. Yeah it does feel really weird to have some unmatching items, even if they match in color.

@Hiros Oh I can get that, I love the concept of a full set but I think more often than not, there's part of a full set that doesn't quite match color wise so I swap it for something else. Then it becomes a free for all.
@Disme - Oooh good point. Yeah it does feel really weird to have some unmatching items, even if they match in color.

@Hiros Oh I can get that, I love the concept of a full set but I think more often than not, there's part of a full set that doesn't quite match color wise so I swap it for something else. Then it becomes a free for all.
................DY8LRv7.png WDItveK.png
ePOliyb.pngMHHKqsF.pngkI850Ts.png
Full set. Maybe vary in colours but rarely.
Full set. Maybe vary in colours but rarely.
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
i don't think i've ever used a complete full set on a dragon tbh...
i don't think i've ever used a complete full set on a dragon tbh...
beakersmall.png

111grif // he/him
111eater of snacks, liker of bugs
Oh definitely mix and match - half because I never usually have the full set, and half because the full set usually isn't enough to give whatever vibe I want. They need character, and just the plain fit ain't enough character.
Oh definitely mix and match - half because I never usually have the full set, and half because the full set usually isn't enough to give whatever vibe I want. They need character, and just the plain fit ain't enough character.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3 4 5 6