Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any fellow invertebrate/insect keepers?
Hiya! Does FR have any fellow bug lovers?

I've currently got two tarantulas, three jumping spiders, two millipedes, two isopod colonies, some halloween hissers!
Hiya! Does FR have any fellow bug lovers?

I've currently got two tarantulas, three jumping spiders, two millipedes, two isopod colonies, some halloween hissers!
JquUHZY.pngGW4dte8.pngxfFZg.gif
yeah! well, sort of — i’m a beekeeper & have taken care of the bees at my college, a local community garden, & a few other places :)

i’ve also been seriously considering getting some indoor inverts — i had a madagascar hisser as a little kid, but i think i’m leaning more towards getting millipedes or a scorpion in the future!
yeah! well, sort of — i’m a beekeeper & have taken care of the bees at my college, a local community garden, & a few other places :)

i’ve also been seriously considering getting some indoor inverts — i had a madagascar hisser as a little kid, but i think i’m leaning more towards getting millipedes or a scorpion in the future!
charlie, 21, they/she Gr15mqs.png
[quote name="shoemakerlevy9" date="2022-01-09 20:03:09" ] yeah! well, sort of — i’m a beekeeper & have taken care of the bees at my college, a local community garden, & a few other places :) i’ve also been seriously considering getting some indoor inverts — i had a madagascar hissed as a little kid, but i think i’m leaning more towards getting millipedes or a scorpion in the future! [/quote] That's so lovely! I adore beekeepers, I hope that one day I'll have an area of my own to possibly keep them, as well as a few chickens! I highly recommend hissers, like I said I have some halloween hissers and they are basically the same as madagascars but smaller, have pretty orange/yellow stripes, and sound like squeaky little dog toys when they hiss. Millipedes are great too! but don't forget to mist them! As for scorpions, they're uncommon to find, but I adore flat rock scorpions! We have one in my little zoo named Dwayne (lol).
shoemakerlevy9 wrote on 2022-01-09 20:03:09:

i’ve also been seriously considering getting some indoor inverts — i had a madagascar hissed as a little kid, but i think i’m leaning more towards getting millipedes or a scorpion in the future!
That's so lovely! I adore beekeepers, I hope that one day I'll have an area of my own to possibly keep them, as well as a few chickens!

I highly recommend hissers, like I said I have some halloween hissers and they are basically the same as madagascars but smaller, have pretty orange/yellow stripes, and sound like squeaky little dog toys when they hiss. Millipedes are great too! but don't forget to mist them! As for scorpions, they're uncommon to find, but I adore flat rock scorpions! We have one in my little zoo named Dwayne (lol).
JquUHZY.pngGW4dte8.pngxfFZg.gif
I really wanna get into bug keeping, but my mom's freaked out by most bugs, so ants and spiders and stuff like that isn't an option. My dad wants to start beekeeping sometime in the future though, so that's a plus!

Look, I like bugs, ok-
I really wanna get into bug keeping, but my mom's freaked out by most bugs, so ants and spiders and stuff like that isn't an option. My dad wants to start beekeeping sometime in the future though, so that's a plus!

Look, I like bugs, ok-
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.giflfh.png
I don't actually 'keep' any bugs per se, but I adore quite a few of them. There's a resident wolf spider in my house that I've refused to rat out to my mom so it can live its life in peace. It's been here for months.

Also, I will scream in pure excitement if I see a bee when I'm outside.
I don't actually 'keep' any bugs per se, but I adore quite a few of them. There's a resident wolf spider in my house that I've refused to rat out to my mom so it can live its life in peace. It's been here for months.

Also, I will scream in pure excitement if I see a bee when I'm outside.
IMG-6302.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
xxIMG-6303.png
Soooooort of… I don’t really keep insects, so to speak, but the jumping spider who lives on my bookshelf is named Harry and he’s the only roommate I’ll ever respect
Soooooort of… I don’t really keep insects, so to speak, but the jumping spider who lives on my bookshelf is named Harry and he’s the only roommate I’ll ever respect
unknown.png
I keep isopods and an emperor scorpion named Kilkenny who is surprisingly polite. I’d love to keep bees but we live in the middle of a rather cold + wet city and it seems complicated to keep them around.
I keep isopods and an emperor scorpion named Kilkenny who is surprisingly polite. I’d love to keep bees but we live in the middle of a rather cold + wet city and it seems complicated to keep them around.
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gif
「 Social Anxiety 」
「 Any pronouns 」
「 Wishlist 」
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif ligneus_cuon.png