Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Nature is the flight of balance
Yes, we have no lore about that so you could be right, also i think all flights contribute their part in the world and also take parts of the world needed for them to survive, i am pretty sure that while allflights fight against each other for more teritory / dominance over the world, they would stay united if the shade or whatever happened to tidelord decides to attack again and i really hope we find out soon what happened to him, i read it has been over 2 years since he is missing, i hope he just needed time to recover / create new dragons / find old water ancients for help....and did not get corrupted by whatever waits in the shadows (no not shadow flight, the actual shade shadows).

Earthshaker seems to move and that undergroundriver from duskcave that "formed some time ago through magic" seems to indicate that earthshaker seems to follow and sreach for something.... hope he does not get missing next...

imagine the panic if no dragon finds a sign of him, 2 from 11 gone missing....
i hope not....
Yes, we have no lore about that so you could be right, also i think all flights contribute their part in the world and also take parts of the world needed for them to survive, i am pretty sure that while allflights fight against each other for more teritory / dominance over the world, they would stay united if the shade or whatever happened to tidelord decides to attack again and i really hope we find out soon what happened to him, i read it has been over 2 years since he is missing, i hope he just needed time to recover / create new dragons / find old water ancients for help....and did not get corrupted by whatever waits in the shadows (no not shadow flight, the actual shade shadows).

Earthshaker seems to move and that undergroundriver from duskcave that "formed some time ago through magic" seems to indicate that earthshaker seems to follow and sreach for something.... hope he does not get missing next...

i hope not....
My support for: All Eye Suggestions in one Thread / Cool Colours / Give/Get Triple-Gened Gaolers / Give/Get Gaoler Dragons
[quote name="Granitore" date="2021-09-02 11:32:59" ] Yes, we have no lore about that so you could be right, also i think all flights contribute their part in the world and also take parts of the world needed for them to survive, i am pretty sure that while allflights fight against each other for more teritory / dominance over the world, they would stay united if the shade or whatever happened to tidelord decides to attack again and i really hope we find out soon what happened to him, i read it has been over 2 years since he is missing, i hope he just needed time to recover / create new dragons / find old water ancients for help....and did not get corrupted by whatever waits in the shadows (no not shadow flight, the actual shade shadows). Earthshaker seems to move and that undergroundriver from duskcave that "formed some time ago through magic" seems to indicate that earthshaker seems to follow and sreach for something.... hope he does not get missing next... imagine the panic if no dragon finds a sign of him, 2 from 11 gone missing.... i hope not.... [/quote] Definitely, I hope Tidelord and Earthshaker are doing well too ^^
Granitore wrote on 2021-09-02 11:32:59:

i hope not....

Definitely, I hope Tidelord and Earthshaker are doing well too ^^
WIP
Yes, there is a lot of interdependency btwn flights! All the other flights need Earth....except maybe Arcane...

*l'il Fae hanging out in the vacuum of space*
Yes, there is a lot of interdependency btwn flights! All the other flights need Earth....except maybe Arcane...

38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
[quote name="Gormanghaste" date="2021-09-02 12:10:39" ] Yes, there is a lot of interdependency btwn flights! All the other flights need Earth....except maybe Arcane... *l'il Fae hanging out in the vacuum of space* [/quote] Fire could exist on it's own. after all, lava is considered Fire, not earth. so having the whole world as lava, as Flamecaller wanted it to be when she came into existence, would fit her just fine. there are animals, plants and fish on Sornieth that are on fire and live in fire, so that could just become all of the life under her reign. this could quite possibly be true of the other elements as well, life simply morphing into the elemental versions of everything. the world becoming like a depiction of an elemental plane rather than what one would see as a 'normal' planet. ... this feels like the gods end goal.
Gormanghaste wrote on 2021-09-02 12:10:39:

Fire could exist on it's own. after all, lava is considered Fire, not earth. so having the whole world as lava, as Flamecaller wanted it to be when she came into existence, would fit her just fine. there are animals, plants and fish on Sornieth that are on fire and live in fire, so that could just become all of the life under her reign. this could quite possibly be true of the other elements as well, life simply morphing into the elemental versions of everything.

the world becoming like a depiction of an elemental plane rather than what one would see as a 'normal' planet. ... this feels like the gods end goal.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
I never thought about it this way. This would make sense why nature always felt the most 'off' to me.

There are other flights that couldn't survive without other elements as well- What is Ice if there is no Water?
I never thought about it this way. This would make sense why nature always felt the most 'off' to me.

There are other flights that couldn't survive without other elements as well- What is Ice if there is no Water?
OP this is great and so nicely written, I love it. However, in actuality, no territory exists without those elements. That's why if you shift one thing in an ecosystem, everything can crumble. I do believe that was your point, yeah?
OP this is great and so nicely written, I love it. However, in actuality, no territory exists without those elements. That's why if you shift one thing in an ecosystem, everything can crumble. I do believe that was your point, yeah?
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-09-02 12:14:45" ] Fire could exist on it's own. after all, lava is considered Fire, not earth.[/quote] Lava is an aesthetic of Fire but lava is literally molten rock which is an aspect of Earth. None of those creatures that can survive in extreme temperatures are anaerobic which means they need an atmosphere to survive, as well as water because it's the holder of life. The Fire territory isn't entirely made out of lava nor is it entirely barren, it's got fertile volcanic soil and has plants growing which are most likely frequently burned in forest fires which renews the fertility of the soil through decay (eg. Scorched Forest). Fire and lava all produce heat and light which instantly makes them luminous and cast shadows. It's also possible that during specific times of the year there's frost on the grass in the morning. No Flight can truly exist on its own, realistically speaking. You can have a magmatic planet that's still churning but it's not gonna hold life. Unless we use "magic" as an argument but I refuse to do so sjkdjklsjdf
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-09-02 12:14:45:
Fire could exist on it's own. after all, lava is considered Fire, not earth.

Lava is an aesthetic of Fire but lava is literally molten rock which is an aspect of Earth. None of those creatures that can survive in extreme temperatures are anaerobic which means they need an atmosphere to survive, as well as water because it's the holder of life. The Fire territory isn't entirely made out of lava nor is it entirely barren, it's got fertile volcanic soil and has plants growing which are most likely frequently burned in forest fires which renews the fertility of the soil through decay (eg. Scorched Forest). Fire and lava all produce heat and light which instantly makes them luminous and cast shadows. It's also possible that during specific times of the year there's frost on the grass in the morning. No Flight can truly exist on its own, realistically speaking. You can have a magmatic planet that's still churning but it's not gonna hold life. Unless we use "magic" as an argument but I refuse to do so sjkdjklsjdf
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Natron" date="2021-09-02 13:00:11" ] Unless we use "magic" as an argument but I refuse to do so sjkdjklsjdf [/quote] that is exactly what i'm going for for my fantasy dragon game so yes [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1]
Natron wrote on 2021-09-02 13:00:11:
Unless we use "magic" as an argument but I refuse to do so sjkdjklsjdf

that is exactly what i'm going for for my fantasy dragon game so yes
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
[quote name="Natron" date="2021-09-02 12:49:22" ] OP this is great and so nicely written, I love it. However, in actuality, no territory exists without those elements. That's why if you shift one thing in an ecosystem, everything can crumble. I do believe that was your point, yeah? [/quote] Thank you! And yeah, that was my point exactly!
Natron wrote on 2021-09-02 12:49:22:
Thank you! And yeah, that was my point exactly!
I see it as nature is very opportunistic, they see what all the flights can give and they take. They survive how they can and they will flourish.
I see it as nature is very opportunistic, they see what all the flights can give and they take. They survive how they can and they will flourish.
a53046431071_9a2c62a39e_o.png

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict