Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Jigsaw suggestions
I'm an avid puzzle solver, and a thing that irks me is the inability to save. Many times on here, the server crashes while I'm working on a difficult puzzle, or I have to leave. It would be benifical to have the ability to save the puzzle I am working on.

Another fun suggestion is having User's dragons as the puzzle!
I'm an avid puzzle solver, and a thing that irks me is the inability to save. Many times on here, the server crashes while I'm working on a difficult puzzle, or I have to leave. It would be benifical to have the ability to save the puzzle I am working on.

Another fun suggestion is having User's dragons as the puzzle!
Yeah, I can only do puzzles on my work computer because they always crash on my home computer. And even there, I've only gotten through a hard puzzle without it crashing once (out of maybe five different attempts); being able to save would be a huge relief! Support this.
Yeah, I can only do puzzles on my work computer because they always crash on my home computer. And even there, I've only gotten through a hard puzzle without it crashing once (out of maybe five different attempts); being able to save would be a huge relief! Support this.
Yeah, I agree. It's happened like twice, too! It would be nice if you could do that to all games, though. Especially the Arcane memory game.
Yeah, I agree. It's happened like twice, too! It would be nice if you could do that to all games, though. Especially the Arcane memory game.
This JUST happened to me, I was nearly done with a hard puzzle when a storm rolled in and cut my Internet before I could finish. Now I just have to start a new one :/ I think that a save function would be useful, the only issue I can see with it outside of puzzles is people continually saving to reap higher level benefits for days.
I think that a pause button would also be a good feature on all the games because sometimes you just have to stop and can't finish the level right then.
This JUST happened to me, I was nearly done with a hard puzzle when a storm rolled in and cut my Internet before I could finish. Now I just have to start a new one :/ I think that a save function would be useful, the only issue I can see with it outside of puzzles is people continually saving to reap higher level benefits for days.
I think that a pause button would also be a good feature on all the games because sometimes you just have to stop and can't finish the level right then.
LCqISMP.png
iJp5X8K.png
ONj54UJ.gif BR8EqFb.png
CAJaTcp.png
Support! I hate it when it shuts down, especially on a hard puzzle. Those things take me about 45 minutes, and it's a shame when all my hard work goes down the drain.

As for user's dragons being puzzles, I also support! A good way to do it, I think, would to have a generic flight-specific background and the dragon in front of it. Although I'm not sure how complicated the coding would be. I've started running into the same puzzles over and over again, so I'd love some more variety!
Support! I hate it when it shuts down, especially on a hard puzzle. Those things take me about 45 minutes, and it's a shame when all my hard work goes down the drain.

As for user's dragons being puzzles, I also support! A good way to do it, I think, would to have a generic flight-specific background and the dragon in front of it. Although I'm not sure how complicated the coding would be. I've started running into the same puzzles over and over again, so I'd love some more variety!
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
[quote name="Serendipital" date="2014-06-08 15:48:55"]Support! I hate it when it shuts down, especially on a hard puzzle. Those things take me about 45 minutes, and it's a shame when all my hard work goes down the drain. As for user's dragons being puzzles, I also support! A good way to do it, I think, would to have a generic flight-specific background and the dragon in front of it. Although I'm not sure how complicated the coding would be. I've started running into the same puzzles over and over again, so I'd love some more variety![/quote] Maybe a weekly contest to determine the new puzzle picture?
Serendipital wrote on 2014-06-08 15:48:55:

Maybe a weekly contest to determine the new puzzle picture?
I think that being able to save your games would be a really great idea, as I have the same problem with the game crashing too. Also I don't always do my puzzles all in one go.

I was also wondering about the layout of the jigsaw game itself. I really do love a good puzzle, and I was happy that there was a jigsaw game here in the fairground. However, the interface is proving rather difficult. :( I that there was a separate place to put together puzzle pieces, or at least more room in general. I find it hard to piece together the puzzles when there's a mass of random pieces all over the place, and unless your take a lot of time to move them all over to one side it seems super messy, and even then there isn't a whole bunch of space left over after moving them.

The pieces do a weird shift whenever you place them too close to each other, which makes matching two or more pieces together quite a bit difficult, because even if they're the right pieces, having another, non-matching piece anywhere near will cause them to shift away. You could move everything out of the way, but as stated before, this takes up lots of time, and there is not much available space to move them to efficiently.

If there is anything that could be done to help remedy these kind of problems I think that it would make the jigsaw much easier to use, and I hope that there's a chance my feedback can help in some way. I do like jigsaw puzzles but am finding it harder to play because of the setup, and I'm sure that others are too. Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day! :)
I think that being able to save your games would be a really great idea, as I have the same problem with the game crashing too. Also I don't always do my puzzles all in one go.

I was also wondering about the layout of the jigsaw game itself. I really do love a good puzzle, and I was happy that there was a jigsaw game here in the fairground. However, the interface is proving rather difficult. :( I that there was a separate place to put together puzzle pieces, or at least more room in general. I find it hard to piece together the puzzles when there's a mass of random pieces all over the place, and unless your take a lot of time to move them all over to one side it seems super messy, and even then there isn't a whole bunch of space left over after moving them.

The pieces do a weird shift whenever you place them too close to each other, which makes matching two or more pieces together quite a bit difficult, because even if they're the right pieces, having another, non-matching piece anywhere near will cause them to shift away. You could move everything out of the way, but as stated before, this takes up lots of time, and there is not much available space to move them to efficiently.

If there is anything that could be done to help remedy these kind of problems I think that it would make the jigsaw much easier to use, and I hope that there's a chance my feedback can help in some way. I do like jigsaw puzzles but am finding it harder to play because of the setup, and I'm sure that others are too. Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day! :)
I support the save feature and setting up a separate place to put the puzzle together for sure.

A suggestion I have would be some kind of shuffle button for loose pieces. A lot of times pieces get hidden behind the other, and it would be so much easier to have the option to shuffle them around instead of dragging every single piece off to the side. It gets really difficult in hard puzzles especially!
I support the save feature and setting up a separate place to put the puzzle together for sure.

A suggestion I have would be some kind of shuffle button for loose pieces. A lot of times pieces get hidden behind the other, and it would be so much easier to have the option to shuffle them around instead of dragging every single piece off to the side. It gets really difficult in hard puzzles especially!
Please please please offer a separate place to put the puzzle together (or just more space in general). I'm an avid jigsaw puzzler in real life and the fact that you basically have to solve the puzzle in front of/behind a whole mess of random pieces because there just isn't any space is driving me to distraction. It's especially an issue for higher difficulty levels, I find, which is sad because I really *would* like to do the puzzles on hard more often. Also agreeing with wintervimmy that another consequence is that the way the pieces shift if you put them too close to each other (what is that about, anyway?) can mean you need several tries to get two matching pieces to click together because they keep getting pushed apart by a non-matching piece in between. Pretty annoying.

Supporting the save feature as well - I haven't had any issues because my internet connection is pretty stable, but I can see that people with more wonky connections would really need one. Also, sometimes i just get really tired of doing a puzzle for a while (especially hard) and would like to put it aside and keep going later.
Please please please offer a separate place to put the puzzle together (or just more space in general). I'm an avid jigsaw puzzler in real life and the fact that you basically have to solve the puzzle in front of/behind a whole mess of random pieces because there just isn't any space is driving me to distraction. It's especially an issue for higher difficulty levels, I find, which is sad because I really *would* like to do the puzzles on hard more often. Also agreeing with wintervimmy that another consequence is that the way the pieces shift if you put them too close to each other (what is that about, anyway?) can mean you need several tries to get two matching pieces to click together because they keep getting pushed apart by a non-matching piece in between. Pretty annoying.

Supporting the save feature as well - I haven't had any issues because my internet connection is pretty stable, but I can see that people with more wonky connections would really need one. Also, sometimes i just get really tired of doing a puzzle for a while (especially hard) and would like to put it aside and keep going later.
9cjDdGL.png
A trick I use o overcome the Jigsaw mess is to sort the edge pieces into the bottom left, then spread the rest on the top and right sides!
A trick I use o overcome the Jigsaw mess is to sort the edge pieces into the bottom left, then spread the rest on the top and right sides!