Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games nobody has heard of
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
[quote name="Harvestable" date="2019-12-30 20:03:51" ] @/Xionahri I think the dinosaur game you're talking about is Dino Island? It was a favorite of mine when I was younger! [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0b/DinoIslandBoxArt.png/220px-DinoIslandBoxArt.png[/img] The mutation/hybridization stuff was really interesting, and the art style was pretty solid. It's a shame that the devs didn't expand on the concept more. [/quote] Ahh yes! I remember loving that game when I was a little kid. I still have the CD I think, but I haven't touched it ages.
Harvestable wrote on 2019-12-30 20:03:51:
@/Xionahri
I think the dinosaur game you're talking about is Dino Island? It was a favorite of mine when I was younger!

220px-DinoIslandBoxArt.png

The mutation/hybridization stuff was really interesting, and the art style was pretty solid. It's a shame that the devs didn't expand on the concept more.
Ahh yes! I remember loving that game when I was a little kid. I still have the CD I think, but I haven't touched it ages.
feraligatr.gifjolt_a_by_gabby_bean-dcxy9v1.gif
[quote name="LoversMasque" date="2019-12-28 14:16:24" ] [size=7][b]HAVE YOU SEEN MY SON?[/b][/size] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/2dcdaab0cbe7b46f5680feb6bb15ed20/415a88f5f84d9c73-58/s1280x1920/97af8bd7c3ee4286ba8054d9b0012dac4018c2cb.jpg[/img] Now you have. Have a nice day. (I will follow you onsite if you know who he is) [/quote] THIS BOY IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE BABEY!!!!! WAHOOO!!!!! PLEASE, EVERYONE, PLEASE GET TO KNOW WHO KLONOA IS!!!!!!! HES TRAGICALLY UNDERRATED.... ALSO. 999: nine hours, nine persons, nine doors!!! [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Nine_Hours%2C_Nine_Persons%2C_Nine_Doors_Cover_Art.jpg[/img] its a very cool visual novel with escape room puzzles !!!!!! ITS GREAT!!!! IT ALSO HAS A GREAT SEQUEL - ZERO ESCAPE: VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/Virtue%27s_Last_Reward_3DS_Boxart.jpg[/img] IT HAS ANOTHER SEQUEL... but its not that great, mostly due to having to work with a small budget,, but at least we got something to finish the series! you can grab both 999 and vlr on steam as the nonary games!!! its just both of those games ported to pc.. its good!!!!!!! i think they added voice acting to the 999 port too but im not sure since i only played the ds original! man .. i love zero escape. if you like funky games like danganronpa and your turn to die then this should be up your alley just like it was up mine!!!
LoversMasque wrote on 2019-12-28 14:16:24:
HAVE YOU SEEN MY SON?
97af8bd7c3ee4286ba8054d9b0012dac4018c2cb.jpg
Now you have. Have a nice day. (I will follow you onsite if you know who he is)
THIS BOY IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE BABEY!!!!! WAHOOO!!!!! PLEASE, EVERYONE, PLEASE GET TO KNOW WHO KLONOA IS!!!!!!! HES TRAGICALLY UNDERRATED....

ALSO. 999: nine hours, nine persons, nine doors!!!
Nine_Hours%2C_Nine_Persons%2C_Nine_Doors_Cover_Art.jpg
its a very cool visual novel with escape room puzzles !!!!!! ITS GREAT!!!! IT ALSO HAS A GREAT SEQUEL - ZERO ESCAPE: VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD
Virtue%27s_Last_Reward_3DS_Boxart.jpg
IT HAS ANOTHER SEQUEL... but its not that great, mostly due to having to work with a small budget,, but at least we got something to finish the series! you can grab both 999 and vlr on steam as the nonary games!!! its just both of those games ported to pc.. its good!!!!!!! i think they added voice acting to the 999 port too but im not sure since i only played the ds original! man .. i love zero escape. if you like funky games like danganronpa and your turn to die then this should be up your alley just like it was up mine!!!
LzVje6j.gif zekrom.gif
Ezekiel | He/Him
reshiram.gif
@nekromanta

999 was an amazing game, though not played VLR yet despite hearing good things about it. Not heard good things about the last one, though...

@Uravitea

I loved the Eve games, especially the second one. Third Birthday was...it was okay, it just wasn't a Parasite Eve game.

@Xionahri

I Of the Dragon. Now there's a blast from the past, I haven't thought about that game in years. It might've been a bit clunky, but honestly it was hours of fun.

Another game: Jade Empire. It was a beautiful action-RPG from BioWare and, despite being supposedly a successful and popular game, I never see people talk about it...

And Pandemonium, an old PS1 sidescrolling platformer. I spent days worth of time on that one, but even I had forgot about it until I saw it on Steam. There was a sequel but it was...bad.
@nekromanta

999 was an amazing game, though not played VLR yet despite hearing good things about it. Not heard good things about the last one, though...

@Uravitea

I loved the Eve games, especially the second one. Third Birthday was...it was okay, it just wasn't a Parasite Eve game.

@Xionahri

I Of the Dragon. Now there's a blast from the past, I haven't thought about that game in years. It might've been a bit clunky, but honestly it was hours of fun.

Another game: Jade Empire. It was a beautiful action-RPG from BioWare and, despite being supposedly a successful and popular game, I never see people talk about it...

And Pandemonium, an old PS1 sidescrolling platformer. I spent days worth of time on that one, but even I had forgot about it until I saw it on Steam. There was a sequel but it was...bad.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
[quote name="nekromanta" date="2019-12-31 10:57:43" ] ALSO. 999: nine hours, nine persons, nine doors!!! [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Nine_Hours%2C_Nine_Persons%2C_Nine_Doors_Cover_Art.jpg[/img] its a very cool visual novel with escape room puzzles !!!!!! ITS GREAT!!!! IT ALSO HAS A GREAT SEQUEL - ZERO ESCAPE: VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/Virtue%27s_Last_Reward_3DS_Boxart.jpg[/img] IT HAS ANOTHER SEQUEL... but its not that great, mostly due to having to work with a small budget,, but at least we got something to finish the series! you can grab both 999 and vlr on steam as the nonary games!!! its just both of those games ported to pc.. its good!!!!!!! i think they added voice acting to the 999 port too but im not sure since i only played the ds original! man .. i love zero escape. if you like funky games like danganronpa and your turn to die then this should be up your alley just like it was up mine!!! [/quote] THE ZERO ESCAPE TRILOGY WAS SO GOOD....... I have all of them on Steam and overall I have spent 80+ hours on all of them total (67 alone on 999+VLR) and they're just. so good. last one wasnt the greatest but I still really adore all of the games ;0; Phi, Junpei & Akane will always be my favorites from the trilogy aaa
nekromanta wrote on 2019-12-31 10:57:43:
ALSO. 999: nine hours, nine persons, nine doors!!!
Nine_Hours%2C_Nine_Persons%2C_Nine_Doors_Cover_Art.jpg
its a very cool visual novel with escape room puzzles !!!!!! ITS GREAT!!!! IT ALSO HAS A GREAT SEQUEL - ZERO ESCAPE: VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD
Virtue%27s_Last_Reward_3DS_Boxart.jpg
IT HAS ANOTHER SEQUEL... but its not that great, mostly due to having to work with a small budget,, but at least we got something to finish the series! you can grab both 999 and vlr on steam as the nonary games!!! its just both of those games ported to pc.. its good!!!!!!! i think they added voice acting to the 999 port too but im not sure since i only played the ds original! man .. i love zero escape. if you like funky games like danganronpa and your turn to die then this should be up your alley just like it was up mine!!!

THE ZERO ESCAPE TRILOGY WAS SO GOOD....... I have all of them on Steam and overall I have spent 80+ hours on all of them total (67 alone on 999+VLR) and they're just. so good. last one wasnt the greatest but I still really adore all of the games ;0;
Phi, Junpei & Akane will always be my favorites from the trilogy aaa
aa.gif
@Loniface

Goodness, I really want to play Smile For Me! Saw an LP on YouTube but noticed it was for VR (which I don't have) if I'm not mistaken?
@Loniface

Goodness, I really want to play Smile For Me! Saw an LP on YouTube but noticed it was for VR (which I don't have) if I'm not mistaken?
1dZy6Xv.gif

1zaoPX1.pngU8GgxMI.png
@Kunikida

It might also be for the VR but I played the regular version.
@Kunikida

It might also be for the VR but I played the regular version.
9iqeDz7.png
[quote name="RabidWhovian" date="2019-12-31 07:15:53" ] Machinarium [img]https://assets1.ignimgs.com/2019/01/09/machinarium---button-1546996878513.jpg[/img] It's a point-and-click puzzler with a very unique atmosphere. It's available on mobile and Steam iirc. I remember playing it on my iPad like 5 years ago and getting completely stumped. It's hard! Or maybe I'm just not very good at puzzlers. EDIT: It's on sale on [url=https://store.steampowered.com/app/40700/Machinarium/]Steam[/url] for $2.49 USD that's less than a cup of coffee I think. If you're into point-and-click adventure games, or just want something different, I highly recommend Machinarium. The protagonist is really cute too. EDIT 2: Holy crap it turned 10 years old in October wh- [/quote] HOLY HECK I'VE PLAYED THAT GAME~
RabidWhovian wrote on 2019-12-31 07:15:53:
Machinarium

machinarium---button-1546996878513.jpg

It's a point-and-click puzzler with a very unique atmosphere. It's available on mobile and Steam iirc. I remember playing it on my iPad like 5 years ago and getting completely stumped. It's hard! Or maybe I'm just not very good at puzzlers.

EDIT: It's on sale on Steam for $2.49 USD that's less than a cup of coffee I think. If you're into point-and-click adventure games, or just want something different, I highly recommend Machinarium. The protagonist is really cute too.

EDIT 2: Holy crap it turned 10 years old in October wh-

HOLY HECK I'VE PLAYED THAT GAME~
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Someone already mentioned 999 which makes my heart happy :)

Also, LaTale? It's a pretty old MMORPG but it's still updating, it's not as active but it's really fun still and it's a shame not as many people know about it.

And Docomodake or something like that?? There's some mushroom who has to explore or something to find her family members who are scattered about (or something like that, it's been a while since I've played it) and she has to keep her little mushroom babies safe and six year old me would sit and play it and be super sad when the little baby mushroom ghost followed you for the rest of the map if you killed it on accident :(((
Someone already mentioned 999 which makes my heart happy :)

Also, LaTale? It's a pretty old MMORPG but it's still updating, it's not as active but it's really fun still and it's a shame not as many people know about it.

And Docomodake or something like that?? There's some mushroom who has to explore or something to find her family members who are scattered about (or something like that, it's been a while since I've played it) and she has to keep her little mushroom babies safe and six year old me would sit and play it and be super sad when the little baby mushroom ghost followed you for the rest of the map if you killed it on accident :(((
When challenged by Matsuoka Rin to a relay, the loser must commit Swimpuku
YES Machinarium is an AMAZING GAME!

also World Never Land: Elena Kingdom is an awesome game too! you can get it on mobile for free!
YES Machinarium is an AMAZING GAME!

also World Never Land: Elena Kingdom is an awesome game too! you can get it on mobile for free!
q9aRJCj.png
Okage: Shadow King.
Its an RPG game for the PS2 about a young boy who basically gets sacrificed to the Evil Overlord/Final Boss by his family in exchange for a favor. Said boy then gets dragged around by the Evil Overlord, whose name is Stan, to beat up all the other Evil Lords who have popped up ever since Stan got his butt beat up by a hero several years ago.
Party Members include; an arrogant knight with a serious grudge against Stan because he turned her shadow pink, a mad scientist who was just like starts following you, and a demonic pop idol.
The whole game is so freaking funny, though the gameplay can get kinda boring after a while.
Okage: Shadow King.
Its an RPG game for the PS2 about a young boy who basically gets sacrificed to the Evil Overlord/Final Boss by his family in exchange for a favor. Said boy then gets dragged around by the Evil Overlord, whose name is Stan, to beat up all the other Evil Lords who have popped up ever since Stan got his butt beat up by a hero several years ago.
Party Members include; an arrogant knight with a serious grudge against Stan because he turned her shadow pink, a mad scientist who was just like starts following you, and a demonic pop idol.
The whole game is so freaking funny, though the gameplay can get kinda boring after a while.
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13