Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Lair Revamp + Hibernal Den
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 189 190
Didn't expect to see this update for a while! Definitely gonna take some time to get used to, haha. I already shoved all the permas I've been iffy on in the den, super useful! The item quests are also really nice. Lowkey super excited about the squirrels replaced by hearts, lol [emoji=guardian love]
Didn't expect to see this update for a while! Definitely gonna take some time to get used to, haha.

I already shoved all the permas I've been iffy on in the den, super useful! The item quests are also really nice.

Lowkey super excited about the squirrels replaced by hearts, lol
kV9q7M8.gif
I've played around with it and bought new tabs and I really love this update! It's honestly what I've been waiting for and is really nice for my lair. Now I can separate my breeding pairs I use to make money with the actual dragons I care for and it's great. The little hibernation lair tasks are really cool and I will be working towards gathering and grinding these items myself and it adds a nice little goal I can work toward.

As for negatives, I do agree in what other people are saying in that the energy bar is too big and could be scaled down while making the dragon pictures larger, but all in all it's great!
I've played around with it and bought new tabs and I really love this update! It's honestly what I've been waiting for and is really nice for my lair. Now I can separate my breeding pairs I use to make money with the actual dragons I care for and it's great. The little hibernation lair tasks are really cool and I will be working towards gathering and grinding these items myself and it adds a nice little goal I can work toward.

As for negatives, I do agree in what other people are saying in that the energy bar is too big and could be scaled down while making the dragon pictures larger, but all in all it's great!
JellyRaven

WvEXipG.png

E4qlLPv.png
[quote name="Aarune" date="2019-02-07 16:58:13" ] Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so [b]large[/b] ? Energy status could be conveyed through a [i]sliver[/i] of what that is. The gender symbols...? Why? 1.) I feel as though it's common knowledge peoples' characters for their dragons may not line up with the dragon's biological gender. 2.) The dragons have different art depending on their biological gender? Save for the hatchlings, there is literally no reason why that sign needs to be there because we can already [i]see[/i] the difference. Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be [b]my dragons[/b] NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys) I don't recall anyone complaining about wanting to see their dragons' energy/status on the lair page itself, so I'm not sure why you took it upon yourselves to implement this. here's my edit: [img]https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif[/img] link in case edit is broken: https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif I scaled down [i]basically everything[/i] and scaled up the dragon images- they're the main focus of my lair, after all! I made the energy bar less than half of what it was originally, as well as took down the saturation of it. I stand on behalf of @Ista that those thick bars are [b]bright[/b] and incredibly distracting. They don't need to be! It's simple not to make them that way! -------------- On the other hand re: hibernation dens, those are a [i]blessing[/i] for users who don't frequent the site as often! I'm so happy with how they have been implemented. Allowing users more freedom to organize their lairs is outstanding and I'm excited to utilize it! [/quote] I agree with this and I really like your edit! :0 The only thing I'd disagree with is that there are still many users (myself included) who like having the gender icons and find them useful. I've seen quite a few users in this thread who have poorer eyesight and expressed that trying to identify the icons was hard, or those who are dyslexic and heavily relied on the blue and pink to distinguish them. I hope that they make some visual adjustments when they're able to. ;v;
Aarune wrote on 2019-02-07 16:58:13:
Guys, why in the world does the energy bar have to be so large ? Energy status could be conveyed through a sliver of what that is.

The gender symbols...? Why?
1.) I feel as though it's common knowledge peoples' characters for their dragons may not line up with the dragon's biological gender.
2.) The dragons have different art depending on their biological gender? Save for the hatchlings, there is literally no reason why that sign needs to be there because we can already see the difference.

Same goes for the icons- no need to have those be so large. Scale 'em down! The focus in my lair should be my dragons NOT that huge yellow bar, the icons underneath it, or the lair buttons themselves (feed/hibernation den/the arrow keys)

I don't recall anyone complaining about wanting to see their dragons' energy/status on the lair page itself, so I'm not sure why you took it upon yourselves to implement this.

here's my edit:

sOwmR3f.gif

link in case edit is broken: https://i.imgur.com/sOwmR3f.gif

I scaled down basically everything and scaled up the dragon images- they're the main focus of my lair, after all!

I made the energy bar less than half of what it was originally, as well as took down the saturation of it. I stand on behalf of @Ista that those thick bars are bright and incredibly distracting. They don't need to be! It's simple not to make them that way!

On the other hand re: hibernation dens, those are a blessing for users who don't frequent the site as often! I'm so happy with how they have been implemented. Allowing users more freedom to organize their lairs is outstanding and I'm excited to utilize it!

I agree with this and I really like your edit! :0
The only thing I'd disagree with is that there are still many users (myself included) who like having the gender icons and find them useful. I've seen quite a few users in this thread who have poorer eyesight and expressed that trying to identify the icons was hard, or those who are dyslexic and heavily relied on the blue and pink to distinguish them. I hope that they make some visual adjustments when they're able to. ;v;
Its really strange to see a different lair after being so used to the original ones, but this is a really cool update!
Its really strange to see a different lair after being so used to the original ones, but this is a really cool update!
K24ODGA.png F4l6ViZ.png
IT'S HERE im crying [emoji=skull]
IT'S HERE im crying
efp3UiJ.pngJ4v6SGz.png
It's visually unappealing.
It's visually unappealing.
I cannot drag my dragons, am I doing something wrong?
I cannot drag my dragons, am I doing something wrong?
zjl0E9Y.jpg
I love the lair revamp! Um but I got to be honest. When I realized I could do this: [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing] I got REALLY excited! [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing] [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing] [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing] [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing] [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing] [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing] [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing] [emoji=left wing][emoji=owl][emoji=right wing]
I love the lair revamp!

Um but I got to be honest. When I realized I could do this:

I got REALLY excited!

30oPYgq.png
I really love the new hibernal den concept, this is so incredibly helpful and just what was needed I feel. So thank you for your work in implementing that!

But I really don't understand the point of revamping the lair itself, especially the aesthetic. The new interface is very cluttered and personally rather ugly to look at. I don't see why things like the health bar or the familiar icon, stuff that wasn't broken, needed 'fixing'. Like instead of messing with the aesthetic of the icons and the arrow keys etc, I think functional additions like the ability to bond all familiars at once would be more welcomed.

It is also a pain to not readily see what lair slots I have left / free. I love the hibernal den addition but not the revamp and new look of the lair. ;;
I really love the new hibernal den concept, this is so incredibly helpful and just what was needed I feel. So thank you for your work in implementing that!

But I really don't understand the point of revamping the lair itself, especially the aesthetic. The new interface is very cluttered and personally rather ugly to look at. I don't see why things like the health bar or the familiar icon, stuff that wasn't broken, needed 'fixing'. Like instead of messing with the aesthetic of the icons and the arrow keys etc, I think functional additions like the ability to bond all familiars at once would be more welcomed.

It is also a pain to not readily see what lair slots I have left / free. I love the hibernal den addition but not the revamp and new look of the lair. ;;
I'm SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS YESSS hibernating is my favorite part though now I wish I could get some of my old dragons back [emoji=guardian scared] I will say that the new windows around the dragons will take some getting used to; I like that they're more minimal, but they feel smaller this way somehow... so I'm glad I can make them four per row instead of five! I'm keeping it low key right now, but at some point you better believe imma have a tab for everything lol Thank you so much for this update!!
I'm SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS YESSS hibernating is my favorite part though now I wish I could get some of my old dragons back I will say that the new windows around the dragons will take some getting used to; I like that they're more minimal, but they feel smaller this way somehow... so I'm glad I can make them four per row instead of five!

I'm keeping it low key right now, but at some point you better believe imma have a tab for everything lol

Thank you so much for this update!!
B9_L2.pngiSuPyTT.pngo82-d4-Nrogara.pngm29-02-book.pngyK9tsxy.pngbibrHzP.pngo82-d3-Nrogara.pngB9_R2.pngm30-01-book.pngo82-d2-Nrogara.pnguisysIG.pngoKTlA9t.pngm29-04-book.pngT16.pngm30-02-book.pngWkyw2V9.png
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 189 190