Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Filigree: A New Tertiary Gene
Aaa! So pretty! Love it!
Aaa! So pretty! Love it!
Hello there
Beautiful gene! I've been scrying a lot of the dragons in my lair and this new tertiary looks so good, even on random scrys!

And now here come the super pricey dragons that make me want to cry...
Beautiful gene! I've been scrying a lot of the dragons in my lair and this new tertiary looks so good, even on random scrys!

And now here come the super pricey dragons that make me want to cry...
dcw1mxw-eee4d2d3-ee78-4483-8350-0a79790e4a76.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=34&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=11&gender=0&tert=25&tertgene=21&winggene=0&wings=39&auth=0ef2ddcdfd300c4456202bc4d47bfc04ebc55b55&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Man if this gene just had MORE coverage itd be perfect for my pseudo-progen. He's got green accented gems! But it's not worth the money atm. maybe one day since this gives me extra opportunity for lore
dragon?age=1&body=34&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=11&gender=0&tert=25&tertgene=21&winggene=0&wings=39&auth=0ef2ddcdfd300c4456202bc4d47bfc04ebc55b55&dummyext=prev.png

Man if this gene just had MORE coverage itd be perfect for my pseudo-progen. He's got green accented gems! But it's not worth the money atm. maybe one day since this gives me extra opportunity for lore
OH MY GODS I LOVE IT! *w* new fave tert gene!

edit: after trying it on every dragon in my lair, I'm a tad disappointed it doesn't look good on any of them. The face is too busy where the rest of it seems to be lacking. I think a tail piece would have been nice to have in the design :T
OH MY GODS I LOVE IT! *w* new fave tert gene!

edit: after trying it on every dragon in my lair, I'm a tad disappointed it doesn't look good on any of them. The face is too busy where the rest of it seems to be lacking. I think a tail piece would have been nice to have in the design :T
tumblr_oofbfjTLQh1v3aphzo1_r2_100.gif7GZL67L.png74564023p.png70421400p.png6bg3tVz.pngtumblr_oofbfjTLQh1v3aphzo1_r2_100.gif
Woah this gene is so pretty!!!
Woah this gene is so pretty!!!
CLVpsxr.gif
[quote name="huntingroxgirl1" date="2018-03-23 14:32:41" ] [quote name="Ink" date="2018-03-23 11:35:18" ] First impression; wow these genes look pretty fab! Coverage looks okay, I want to make all the elven dragons. Yes. Second impression, after scrying nearly my entire lair; none of my dergs look good enough to justify gening. I'm sure there are some good combos out there, but the dragons I have that this looks good on all already have a nice tertiary gene. I'm a bit disappointed about the coverage, going to echo what others have said about a) the intentional lack of any filigree on the belly area (all or nothing with genes in this area it seems), b) lack of coverage in general but especially on the tail, barely any coverage on the wings, and c) the really cluttered faces, which is an area that in a large portion of primary genes has some unique patterning which is consiquently masked by filigree, for better or worse. It seems like more and more genes are taking a page from accents, which are more like body paint for dragons as opposed to actual markings. That being said, it is what it is. It's released, there are people who like it and have bought it so I realize it's not likely to change at this point but dang, even refining the faces and adding some tail filigree would go a long way I think. Hopefully I can find a use for this in the future, I love filigree designs, and I was really hoping for more from this gene. [/quote] @Ink (I agree with everything you've said 100%) Overall, it's an interesting gene, pretty. One thing that "bugs me" however, is how this gene, much like ghost, really looks more like an accent or skin rather than a gene itself. It is nice though, and I'm sure it'll look great with certain apparel, but I kind of wish it looked a bit more... [i]idk how to put this[/i]... like part of the dragon? This aspect of the gene, I think, just causes it too look a bit more like an accent/skin/or apparel piece, rather than looking like a marking itself. But, like all new genes, people either love them or they don't based on their personal likes and dislikes. I'm not complaining too much though, and honestly I can't wait to see what other people do with this gene and what uses I'll find for it in the future! ^^ [/quote] I was actually going to say the same thing about ghost that you mentioned! One of the first genes that was a sort of an add-on to the dragon base was gembond. While I haven't used it much these days, one thing I really like about it that makes gembond make sense is the lore behind it being a blight on dragonkind, sort of like a disease. It's not to say there might not be lore like this for ghost or filigree in the future, but for now I'm having a hard time justifying why and [i]how[/i] this is an actual, physical part of the dragon as opposed to an apparel piece. At most it sort of seems like a body modification to me, like a piercing or 3D tattoo.
huntingroxgirl1 wrote on 2018-03-23 14:32:41:
Ink wrote on 2018-03-23 11:35:18:
First impression; wow these genes look pretty fab! Coverage looks okay, I want to make all the elven dragons. Yes.

Second impression, after scrying nearly my entire lair; none of my dergs look good enough to justify gening. I'm sure there are some good combos out there, but the dragons I have that this looks good on all already have a nice tertiary gene.

I'm a bit disappointed about the coverage, going to echo what others have said about a) the intentional lack of any filigree on the belly area (all or nothing with genes in this area it seems), b) lack of coverage in general but especially on the tail, barely any coverage on the wings, and c) the really cluttered faces, which is an area that in a large portion of primary genes has some unique patterning which is consiquently masked by filigree, for better or worse.

It seems like more and more genes are taking a page from accents, which are more like body paint for dragons as opposed to actual markings.

That being said, it is what it is. It's released, there are people who like it and have bought it so I realize it's not likely to change at this point but dang, even refining the faces and adding some tail filigree would go a long way I think.

Hopefully I can find a use for this in the future, I love filigree designs, and I was really hoping for more from this gene.

@Ink (I agree with everything you've said 100%)

Overall, it's an interesting gene, pretty. One thing that "bugs me" however, is how this gene, much like ghost, really looks more like an accent or skin rather than a gene itself. It is nice though, and I'm sure it'll look great with certain apparel, but I kind of wish it looked a bit more... idk how to put this... like part of the dragon? This aspect of the gene, I think, just causes it too look a bit more like an accent/skin/or apparel piece, rather than looking like a marking itself. But, like all new genes, people either love them or they don't based on their personal likes and dislikes. I'm not complaining too much though, and honestly I can't wait to see what other people do with this gene and what uses I'll find for it in the future! ^^

I was actually going to say the same thing about ghost that you mentioned! One of the first genes that was a sort of an add-on to the dragon base was gembond. While I haven't used it much these days, one thing I really like about it that makes gembond make sense is the lore behind it being a blight on dragonkind, sort of like a disease. It's not to say there might not be lore like this for ghost or filigree in the future, but for now I'm having a hard time justifying why and how this is an actual, physical part of the dragon as opposed to an apparel piece. At most it sort of seems like a body modification to me, like a piercing or 3D tattoo.
aUBv6Nx.png ... ~ Ink / fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png / all pronouns -/-/-/-/-/-/- Pinkerlocke | f2u Bio Banners
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc...ccccccccc...Inkpot Accent Shop

_ ______________ _ _ _

Empty your mind.
Be formless. Shapeless, like water. //
...XBYSamS.png
names all my dragons Shadeslinger now
names all my dragons Shadeslinger now
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
There should be a page/option to see all dragons you've exalted, I would love to see them all in one area. And also possibly add a dragon storage that can freeze their age/growth until we take them out again. This would be great so I could actually work on breeding projects without having to sacrifice/exalt dragons I like.
There should be a page/option to see all dragons you've exalted, I would love to see them all in one area. And also possibly add a dragon storage that can freeze their age/growth until we take them out again. This would be great so I could actually work on breeding projects without having to sacrifice/exalt dragons I like.
cRzK7aI.png
Awesome!
Awesome!
PQznZys.png
woa
it's so pretty
woa
it's so pretty
tumblr_p1dqd7XVPE1wvvm88o3_100.pngdeity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.giftumblr_ozl54fdz7Q1wvvm88o2_100.png