Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 351 352 353 354 355 ... 471 472
Definitely using this build, thanks!
Definitely using this build, thanks!
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
@ Culex So in one of my Discord channels someone stated they had managed to defeat the Toad Boss in the Mire with their Flyer. I didn't believe it really (maybe?) so I decided to try it out.
  • With the ambush bug a thing of the past, the boss CAN be tackled with a Flyer (current build) IF:
  • You have a full to mostly full (90%) health bar and,
  • dragon's breath is about half to full where you can get in three, good solid rallied eliminates before scratching.
  • shred might be a good stone choice if you want to make a Boss-fighting Flyer as additional insurance.

My Mire Flyer has a bit higher qck (I was trying to give it an extra turn just from speed and couldn't figure out the math without making him too weak). His stats are 117 STR / 74 QCK / 13 VIT.

It may now also be possible to tweak quick or Vit to give the Flyer a higher STG? This is a rumor I haven't seen vetted quite yet? Have you tried it?
@ Culex So in one of my Discord channels someone stated they had managed to defeat the Toad Boss in the Mire with their Flyer. I didn't believe it really (maybe?) so I decided to try it out.
  • With the ambush bug a thing of the past, the boss CAN be tackled with a Flyer (current build) IF:
  • You have a full to mostly full (90%) health bar and,
  • dragon's breath is about half to full where you can get in three, good solid rallied eliminates before scratching.
  • shred might be a good stone choice if you want to make a Boss-fighting Flyer as additional insurance.

My Mire Flyer has a bit higher qck (I was trying to give it an extra turn just from speed and couldn't figure out the math without making him too weak). His stats are 117 STR / 74 QCK / 13 VIT.

It may now also be possible to tweak quick or Vit to give the Flyer a higher STG? This is a rumor I haven't seen vetted quite yet? Have you tried it?
@Drakenhart

I just finished taking it down with my solo mire. Dragon had about enough breath to do a rally + 2 eliminates with 90% health. I finished with slashes and I potioned (orange) until I had 2 turns against the boss' 1 turn. Finished with an eliminate.

117 STR \ 70 QCK \ 25 VIT
@Drakenhart

I just finished taking it down with my solo mire. Dragon had about enough breath to do a rally + 2 eliminates with 90% health. I finished with slashes and I potioned (orange) until I had 2 turns against the boss' 1 turn. Finished with an eliminate.

117 STR \ 70 QCK \ 25 VIT
shelll.gifRMSt99l.pngshellbubble.gifwind.gif
@Culex
I just saw that @/LunaSea had recommended your coli guide, and being a newbie, (just got coli team to level 6.) I thought I would need it.
I was definetly right. I thank you! Whenever people talked about coli, terms like "glass cannon" were very confusing. This guide helped so much! There's a bunch of coli apparel I need, and the guide was easy to understand. Thanks for making it~
@Culex
I just saw that @/LunaSea had recommended your coli guide, and being a newbie, (just got coli team to level 6.) I thought I would need it.
I was definetly right. I thank you! Whenever people talked about coli, terms like "glass cannon" were very confusing. This guide helped so much! There's a bunch of coli apparel I need, and the guide was easy to understand. Thanks for making it~
z7o7CpN.png
I am using this guide to level my dragons atm and it seems that some of the information for Forgotten Cave is slightly off.

My dragons are tinctured, have all items recommended up to this point and their strength is at 60.

- Dwarf truffle says it needs only one scratch with more than 57 Str, but I need 2 with 60
- Blue dragon snail says 1 scratch for 58 and above, I need 2
- Crimson reef snail says it can be one shot with 60 Str, but I can't
- I didn't write it down for the other enemies in this area so I don't have exact info on whom else I can't oneshot / scratch+eliminate, but it was a few more of the ones where the guide specifically lists a str value

At first I thought maybe I hadn't locked in the last level worth of stats, but I double checked and all 3 dragons should have 60 Strength.

Just thought I'd mention it here :) The rest of the guide has been working flawlessly for me over the last years!
I am using this guide to level my dragons atm and it seems that some of the information for Forgotten Cave is slightly off.

My dragons are tinctured, have all items recommended up to this point and their strength is at 60.

- Dwarf truffle says it needs only one scratch with more than 57 Str, but I need 2 with 60
- Blue dragon snail says 1 scratch for 58 and above, I need 2
- Crimson reef snail says it can be one shot with 60 Str, but I can't
- I didn't write it down for the other enemies in this area so I don't have exact info on whom else I can't oneshot / scratch+eliminate, but it was a few more of the ones where the guide specifically lists a str value

At first I thought maybe I hadn't locked in the last level worth of stats, but I double checked and all 3 dragons should have 60 Strength.

Just thought I'd mention it here :) The rest of the guide has been working flawlessly for me over the last years!
PinkLionArt.png
@PinkLionArt

The guide hasn't been updated in a while, all Forgotten Cave monsters are now at Level 12. You can still check Sylvandyr's enemy stats tool instead.
@PinkLionArt

The guide hasn't been updated in a while, all Forgotten Cave monsters are now at Level 12. You can still check Sylvandyr's enemy stats tool instead.
may I ask what the point of having two ambushes does for a farming build? Why 2?
may I ask what the point of having two ambushes does for a farming build? Why 2?
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
Does this guide still work for the updated coli?
Does this guide still work for the updated coli?
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
@PopatoPips Yes, it does! :3

@TrustRae Having two ambushes means you can attack twice before the normal quick stat takes effect. So if your whole team has two amushes each, then you get at least six turns before the opponent gets even one, more if your quick is high enough! Hope that answers your question! ^u^
@PopatoPips Yes, it does! :3

@TrustRae Having two ambushes means you can attack twice before the normal quick stat takes effect. So if your whole team has two amushes each, then you get at least six turns before the opponent gets even one, more if your quick is high enough! Hope that answers your question! ^u^
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
@Alskasaur thank you very much!
@Alskasaur thank you very much!
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
1 2 ... 351 352 353 354 355 ... 471 472