Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Does a dragons diet change your opinion?
1 2
I have been vegetarian for years, recently I have decided to try to be vegan, and I think it is affecting my game play XD

Call me silly, but I am seriously thinking about only raising tundra dragons, since they eat plants.
I have been vegetarian for years, recently I have decided to try to be vegan, and I think it is affecting my game play XD

Call me silly, but I am seriously thinking about only raising tundra dragons, since they eat plants.
Listen, this makes less sense than regular veganism. It's not real friend. It's a game. You're not hurting anything by letting fake dragons reduce the numbers in a counter that you increased by "converting" images of animals into points.

The only reason I can imagine for doing this is the vastly false assumption that doing things in a game makes you more likely to do the things in real life. Or something related to the incredibly harmful purity culture the internet inherited from America. Calm down. Nothing's gonna happen.
Listen, this makes less sense than regular veganism. It's not real friend. It's a game. You're not hurting anything by letting fake dragons reduce the numbers in a counter that you increased by "converting" images of animals into points.

The only reason I can imagine for doing this is the vastly false assumption that doing things in a game makes you more likely to do the things in real life. Or something related to the incredibly harmful purity culture the internet inherited from America. Calm down. Nothing's gonna happen.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
A dragon's diet doesn't really effect me, but I guess the idea of having your dregs having the same opinions on kinds of food as you kind of cool! It's a unique clan theme! @Alfhild
A dragon's diet doesn't really effect me, but I guess the idea of having your dregs having the same opinions on kinds of food as you kind of cool! It's a unique clan theme! @Alfhild
gligar-f.gif genesect.gif mawile.gif
A little odd, but hey, whatever floats your boat yeah?
A little odd, but hey, whatever floats your boat yeah?
sig_me.pngsig_art.pngsig_f2u.png
I'm vegan, too :D I also though about only getting plant-eaters at one point, but I love so much Breeds that eat meat, so I don't think about it too much. I just say to myself: "It's just virtual pixels anyway". And so far I'm good :) (It would be different with a real life pet, like a cat, so I'm sticking to budgies ^^).
I'm vegan, too :D I also though about only getting plant-eaters at one point, but I love so much Breeds that eat meat, so I don't think about it too much. I just say to myself: "It's just virtual pixels anyway". And so far I'm good :) (It would be different with a real life pet, like a cat, so I'm sticking to budgies ^^).
Definitely odd, but your playstyle doesn't hurt anyone. I can also recommend only converting plants, and keeping other dragons that can eat them, like Pearlcatchers or Imps. It's perfectly okay for omnivorous dragons to go vegan, and unlike human beings, you don't need to worry about whether they're getting enough protein. XD Best thing about pixels is they don't get sick.
Definitely odd, but your playstyle doesn't hurt anyone. I can also recommend only converting plants, and keeping other dragons that can eat them, like Pearlcatchers or Imps. It's perfectly okay for omnivorous dragons to go vegan, and unlike human beings, you don't need to worry about whether they're getting enough protein. XD Best thing about pixels is they don't get sick.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I thought there might be mixed opinions XD

I DO realize that it is only a game, however when I 'feed' my dragons I like to imagine that they are actually being fed, (same with hunting and fishing) so it would make me more comfortable only feeding plants *nods*

I was just wondering if anyone has ever thought the same thing, so it's cool to know that a few people have at least considered it!

I like the idea of keeping the breeds that consume plants, and only converting the plant items.
I thought there might be mixed opinions XD

I DO realize that it is only a game, however when I 'feed' my dragons I like to imagine that they are actually being fed, (same with hunting and fishing) so it would make me more comfortable only feeding plants *nods*

I was just wondering if anyone has ever thought the same thing, so it's cool to know that a few people have at least considered it!

I like the idea of keeping the breeds that consume plants, and only converting the plant items.
I feed mine with plants first because it's cheaper XD Lots of breeds eat plants, so you don't even need to go mono-lair for that - imps, guardians, skydancers, pearlcatchers, snappers and bogsneaks will be happy to munch on greens, too.

I mean, it's a bit weird, sure, but everyone has their quirks, so... *shrugs*
I feed mine with plants first because it's cheaper XD Lots of breeds eat plants, so you don't even need to go mono-lair for that - imps, guardians, skydancers, pearlcatchers, snappers and bogsneaks will be happy to munch on greens, too.

I mean, it's a bit weird, sure, but everyone has their quirks, so... *shrugs*
I remember seeing a few people express this same feeling over the years so it's not totally weird to me! IMO you should play the game how you want and if that means only having veggie eaters in your lair, then that's fine!

Personally I don't even really pay much attention to my dragons' diets except when my food stores are getting low. I don't think I could even tell you what most of the breeds even eat tbh.
I remember seeing a few people express this same feeling over the years so it's not totally weird to me! IMO you should play the game how you want and if that means only having veggie eaters in your lair, then that's fine!

Personally I don't even really pay much attention to my dragons' diets except when my food stores are getting low. I don't think I could even tell you what most of the breeds even eat tbh.
tumblr_otyh5kkff31vsg0m1o1_400.png
I find it odd, but there are more breeds that eat plants. If you only convert plants, Guardians, Skydancers, Imperials, Bogsneaks will eat them just fine. Doesn't have to be tundra alone. Just deplete your other food types first.
I find it odd, but there are more breeds that eat plants. If you only convert plants, Guardians, Skydancers, Imperials, Bogsneaks will eat them just fine. Doesn't have to be tundra alone. Just deplete your other food types first.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
1 2