Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ability to sort offspring list *UPDATED*
1 2 3 4 5
@Chaotic @Sorel
This is definitely made to be in conjunction with players using the Contact Us forum for specific naming harassment. This is just a way to allow players who want to use naming schemes that someone might not like or exalt babies unnamed (on purpose or not. I know I've sent off a couple and forgot to rename them -.-).

Having a ban list with 102897391723908 names on it is not the way to go.
Banning players over minor/non-specific harassing is not the way to go.

Some middle ground has to be found!
@Chaotic @Sorel
This is definitely made to be in conjunction with players using the Contact Us forum for specific naming harassment. This is just a way to allow players who want to use naming schemes that someone might not like or exalt babies unnamed (on purpose or not. I know I've sent off a couple and forgot to rename them -.-).

Having a ban list with 102897391723908 names on it is not the way to go.
Banning players over minor/non-specific harassing is not the way to go.

Some middle ground has to be found!
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
While I absolutely, utterly, adore this idea, I can only offer tentative support.

I would love to be able to control my dragon lists, but I fear for the sheer amount of lag everyone having dragon preferences is going to cause. I mean, it may not seem like much, just a toggle... For every dragon ever attached to your offspring... For every person on the site... That has to be tracked every time a page loads with an offspring list on it. And honestly if everyone gets a 'personal toggle' for dragons it'll be worse than it being account-by-account. I just worry that we already can't have forum search because of lag, and dragon numbers are increasing rapidly(and don't actually go down at all since exaltees stay in the system), and it'll all compound when we get more players and the growth explodes again.

So...

TL;DR Do want, do not think site can handle. Would rather fast site and having to see crap names to slower site with hide-able upsetting things. The lag'll cause more frustration(and revenue loss for FR itself!!) than users abusing the name system/report system in the first place.
While I absolutely, utterly, adore this idea, I can only offer tentative support.

I would love to be able to control my dragon lists, but I fear for the sheer amount of lag everyone having dragon preferences is going to cause. I mean, it may not seem like much, just a toggle... For every dragon ever attached to your offspring... For every person on the site... That has to be tracked every time a page loads with an offspring list on it. And honestly if everyone gets a 'personal toggle' for dragons it'll be worse than it being account-by-account. I just worry that we already can't have forum search because of lag, and dragon numbers are increasing rapidly(and don't actually go down at all since exaltees stay in the system), and it'll all compound when we get more players and the growth explodes again.

So...

TL;DR Do want, do not think site can handle. Would rather fast site and having to see crap names to slower site with hide-able upsetting things. The lag'll cause more frustration(and revenue loss for FR itself!!) than users abusing the name system/report system in the first place.
Support so much. This way I wouldn't have to come across my badly-named offspring every time I bond with familiars on certain dragons. -.-
Support so much. This way I wouldn't have to come across my badly-named offspring every time I bond with familiars on certain dragons. -.-
RPMizsI.giftC0aqwD.gif .Rot Ends Skin.
Support! This way, I'm not nervous about offending someone with the randomizer.
Support! This way, I'm not nervous about offending someone with the randomizer.
Someone posted this on Tumblr on ***********, and was told that they should post their response to this thread. However, they didn't have an account with FR, and I believe it has some good points, so here goes:

"This is going to be long…And it covers so much It shouldn’t even be cut. Maybe add a TL;DR tag…

Considering I can already see people just abusing the ‘Name ban” thing, why not make it simple and put in some kind of feature that removes a dragon from the offspring list As soon as it is exalted? I’d think that that would solve the whole issue.

Player A sells dragon A

Player B buys dragon A and exalts it

The system removes Exalted Dragon A from Player A’s offspring list

Problem Solved."

If you would like the original link: http://archnecromancer.tumblr.com/post/75885115138

Edited: There were some other comments that didn't have much to do with this thread, sorry! C:
Someone posted this on Tumblr on ***********, and was told that they should post their response to this thread. However, they didn't have an account with FR, and I believe it has some good points, so here goes:

"This is going to be long…And it covers so much It shouldn’t even be cut. Maybe add a TL;DR tag…

Considering I can already see people just abusing the ‘Name ban” thing, why not make it simple and put in some kind of feature that removes a dragon from the offspring list As soon as it is exalted? I’d think that that would solve the whole issue.

Player A sells dragon A

Player B buys dragon A and exalts it

The system removes Exalted Dragon A from Player A’s offspring list

Problem Solved."

If you would like the original link: http://archnecromancer.tumblr.com/post/75885115138

Edited: There were some other comments that didn't have much to do with this thread, sorry! C:
detxc0.jpg
To be honest, I like that idea. Why should I keep a track of dragon I can't do anything with anymore? That also saves players from needless drama over dragon names.

But, recovering a dragon that was exalted by accident will be quite hard if one doesn't store IDs of every dragon of theirs (well, at least players are gonna be more careful with hitting 'exalt' button). That also raises the question what's with offspring of exalted parents. Are they gonna be progens? If so, the price of eggs is going to drop like crazy.
To be honest, I like that idea. Why should I keep a track of dragon I can't do anything with anymore? That also saves players from needless drama over dragon names.

But, recovering a dragon that was exalted by accident will be quite hard if one doesn't store IDs of every dragon of theirs (well, at least players are gonna be more careful with hitting 'exalt' button). That also raises the question what's with offspring of exalted parents. Are they gonna be progens? If so, the price of eggs is going to drop like crazy.
ZNhRsiG.png
i support only it its controlable only by the owner of the dragon (with the expand button available to all.)

i also want FR to put their foot down on this thing like wajas, furry paws, gryffs, tygras, chicken smootie, sonas, aramii, leayph, and most every other sim game i have ever seen even made and tell users once they sell a dragon. they have no control over it anymore at all.
tide in with this editable list it should be easy enough to ingore when someone trys to use exaltation as a tool to harass. cause honestly right now if they dont put their foot down FR will start loosing members PERMANTLY. which means no gem purchases and no page views. no one wants to join and stay on a site where they are walking on egg shells.

edit also right now i will no longer buy a dragon form another user at all till something is done.
i support only it its controlable only by the owner of the dragon (with the expand button available to all.)

i also want FR to put their foot down on this thing like wajas, furry paws, gryffs, tygras, chicken smootie, sonas, aramii, leayph, and most every other sim game i have ever seen even made and tell users once they sell a dragon. they have no control over it anymore at all.
tide in with this editable list it should be easy enough to ingore when someone trys to use exaltation as a tool to harass. cause honestly right now if they dont put their foot down FR will start loosing members PERMANTLY. which means no gem purchases and no page views. no one wants to join and stay on a site where they are walking on egg shells.

edit also right now i will no longer buy a dragon form another user at all till something is done.
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
@Uturuncu @Chaotic
Hrmm. I guess I made the assumption that they wouldn't implement something new that would knowingly slow the site down. Assumptions are bad, sorry! I'm going to edit the OP to reflect that this would only be wanted if it had no known adverse effects on the site/site stability!

@Lupiglaa
The post above yours is actually similar to where I started but with feedback from others, made some changes to make the idea better. If you wanna check out the original post you can see how it's turned from removing exalted dragons from lineage lists to being able to toggle hide or expand to have more control over what your lineage list looks like. :)

I am going to go back to the drawing board with the images and try to come up with a more comprehensive set of images to get the idea across. Should be up later today. :)
@Uturuncu @Chaotic
Hrmm. I guess I made the assumption that they wouldn't implement something new that would knowingly slow the site down. Assumptions are bad, sorry! I'm going to edit the OP to reflect that this would only be wanted if it had no known adverse effects on the site/site stability!

@Lupiglaa
The post above yours is actually similar to where I started but with feedback from others, made some changes to make the idea better. If you wanna check out the original post you can see how it's turned from removing exalted dragons from lineage lists to being able to toggle hide or expand to have more control over what your lineage list looks like. :)

I am going to go back to the drawing board with the images and try to come up with a more comprehensive set of images to get the idea across. Should be up later today. :)
If a player is able to hide dragons on their offspring list it should only affect them; everyone else would see all the offspring.

Personally I'd prefer to have an option in the account settings where players can choose to have exalted offspring hidden or visible

@MelodicTrigger removing dragons from offspring lists could result in broken lineages as without knowing the removed dragon's ID a player wouldn't be able to trace the lineage to check for relatedness
If a player is able to hide dragons on their offspring list it should only affect them; everyone else would see all the offspring.

Personally I'd prefer to have an option in the account settings where players can choose to have exalted offspring hidden or visible

@MelodicTrigger removing dragons from offspring lists could result in broken lineages as without knowing the removed dragon's ID a player wouldn't be able to trace the lineage to check for relatedness
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2014-02-07 10:08:31"]If a player is able to hide dragons on their offspring list it should only affect them; everyone else would see all the offspring. [/quote] @dragonsage Everyone else would be able to see all of the offspring if they wanted to. The player who owns the dragon would set how they want it to look. To both them and the people visiting the dragon's page. Think of it as the dragon owner gets to choose the default look of the lineage. Visitors can then choose to expand the hidden dragons list but if they close the window/refresh it would revert back the default that the dragon owner set.
DragonSage wrote on 2014-02-07 10:08:31:
@dragonsage
Everyone else would be able to see all of the offspring if they wanted to.
The player who owns the dragon would set how they want it to look. To both them and the people visiting the dragon's page. Think of it as the dragon owner gets to choose the default look of the lineage. Visitors can then choose to expand the hidden dragons list but if they close the window/refresh it would revert back the default that the dragon owner set.
1 2 3 4 5