Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I have a driving permit test tomorrow!!!
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
I have no idea why I haven't been practicing. I feel so rushed now. I took the sample test 4 times in a row, and I keep failing! I don't know what to do! Please help me! It's mostly about remembering the exact fines/speed limits/seconds/feet.

Ping me if you have an idea of how I can remember those random numbers.

Thanks in advance!
I have no idea why I haven't been practicing. I feel so rushed now. I took the sample test 4 times in a row, and I keep failing! I don't know what to do! Please help me! It's mostly about remembering the exact fines/speed limits/seconds/feet.

Ping me if you have an idea of how I can remember those random numbers.

Thanks in advance!
Ping me! Always! Just copy and paste this: @happyviki

DO IT! JUST DO IT! DON'T LET MEMES STAY MEMES! JUST DO IT!
@HappyViki
So when I took my test the first time, I failed.. like horribly. It was embarrassing. And if that happens to you its okay, I know most DMVS are pretty cool and will let you retake at least 3 times before having to pay again. If you're early enogh you could even take it again immediately after.

In terms of studying and preparing I found that just reading the book over and over and over helped me more than practice tests. When I read it nonstop for like 4 days I passed with only missing a few. So Id just think about what your best studying method is and roll with it!

good luck though!!!!
@HappyViki
So when I took my test the first time, I failed.. like horribly. It was embarrassing. And if that happens to you its okay, I know most DMVS are pretty cool and will let you retake at least 3 times before having to pay again. If you're early enogh you could even take it again immediately after.

In terms of studying and preparing I found that just reading the book over and over and over helped me more than practice tests. When I read it nonstop for like 4 days I passed with only missing a few. So Id just think about what your best studying method is and roll with it!

good luck though!!!!
2heep8h.jpg
I think you should study this as if this were material being tested in, in school. How you usually study with remembering facts--use that method to remember "the exact fines/speed limits/seconds/feet".

If you aren't sure where to start, google either how to memorize things, studying tips, or get down to the root of understanding why it has to be that exact fine/speed limit/second/feet (ie, the speed limit is 1km because of school parks->lessen the risk of injury, etc).

If you fail the first time, don't worry. It isn't the end of the world.

Good luck.
I think you should study this as if this were material being tested in, in school. How you usually study with remembering facts--use that method to remember "the exact fines/speed limits/seconds/feet".

If you aren't sure where to start, google either how to memorize things, studying tips, or get down to the root of understanding why it has to be that exact fine/speed limit/second/feet (ie, the speed limit is 1km because of school parks->lessen the risk of injury, etc).

If you fail the first time, don't worry. It isn't the end of the world.

Good luck.
@HappyViki
Try to associate a word or image with the speed limit sign. I learn very well by visuals so try to find some images on google that put the speed limit with the thing it's associated to. Association is probably the easiest way to remember numbers. There are a lot of questions you can use logic to deduce. But obviously try to remember any quirks or things that don't seem logical to you at all.

For now avoid the practice tests. They tend to word things differently or accept answers that the real issued permit test wouldn't allow. Just read the book! Sometimes you can recall something you read in the book if you can picture the paragraph and where its placed on the page.
@HappyViki
Try to associate a word or image with the speed limit sign. I learn very well by visuals so try to find some images on google that put the speed limit with the thing it's associated to. Association is probably the easiest way to remember numbers. There are a lot of questions you can use logic to deduce. But obviously try to remember any quirks or things that don't seem logical to you at all.

For now avoid the practice tests. They tend to word things differently or accept answers that the real issued permit test wouldn't allow. Just read the book! Sometimes you can recall something you read in the book if you can picture the paragraph and where its placed on the page.
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
@pinkcarnation Yeah, I have 3 chances. Okay, I'll read through that whole book, even though it's kind of hard to digest. But I'll do it!

@Megalodonius Flashcards! That's how I memorize my lines in shows. Good idea :)

@JetBlackSteel Okay, I'll put pictures on the flashcards :P

This is what I've been using so far: driving-tests.org
They say they are pretty close to the real thing...but I'll take your advice and I'll read the book.

Thanks again :)
@pinkcarnation Yeah, I have 3 chances. Okay, I'll read through that whole book, even though it's kind of hard to digest. But I'll do it!

@Megalodonius Flashcards! That's how I memorize my lines in shows. Good idea :)

@JetBlackSteel Okay, I'll put pictures on the flashcards :P

This is what I've been using so far: driving-tests.org
They say they are pretty close to the real thing...but I'll take your advice and I'll read the book.

Thanks again :)

@HappyViki
Best of luck to you! I work for a Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV in my state, not DMV. I don't even know why) and I will say, I process many permits for new drivers daily! The laws vary from state to state, as does the process and test materials. But just relax and breathe easy! Many people fail the permit test their first time (and their driver's test for that matter) and it's okay! The first time you go through it, just relax and take it easy. Observe the questions being asked and answer them as correctly as you can. If you pass, great! If not, you'll be familiar with the caliber of questions that'll be on the test for the next time you take it :)

I hope you do well! ^^ Breeze through the Motor Vehicle Laws Digest (the handbook) and do the best you can!
@HappyViki
Best of luck to you! I work for a Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV in my state, not DMV. I don't even know why) and I will say, I process many permits for new drivers daily! The laws vary from state to state, as does the process and test materials. But just relax and breathe easy! Many people fail the permit test their first time (and their driver's test for that matter) and it's okay! The first time you go through it, just relax and take it easy. Observe the questions being asked and answer them as correctly as you can. If you pass, great! If not, you'll be familiar with the caliber of questions that'll be on the test for the next time you take it :)

I hope you do well! ^^ Breeze through the Motor Vehicle Laws Digest (the handbook) and do the best you can!
1kz7OWt.png
@HappyViki good luck! I took mine about a week ago and failed so I'm not the best person for advice the most advice I can give is that(at least in my state) the booklet sample questions are the ones you want to study! The online test questions didn't help me at all, lol. It was aaalll in the book. (I wish someone had told me that)

But I hope you do well!
@HappyViki good luck! I took mine about a week ago and failed so I'm not the best person for advice the most advice I can give is that(at least in my state) the booklet sample questions are the ones you want to study! The online test questions didn't help me at all, lol. It was aaalll in the book. (I wish someone had told me that)

But I hope you do well!
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
Ahhh, the permit test. Wow, I feel old now that I realize that I took mine 4 1/2 years ago. What I did was I constantly kept reading the book, and made a couple of notes in the margins. Now, when I took my test the first time, I failed it by 1 question. After I went home, I read the book again, but made sure to specifically review the things that I missed, and then kept taking the practice test over and over until I got 100% on it multiple times in a row. The next day, I took the practice test one more time before leaving the house, then when I took the test itself, I only missed 1 question. :) So, I actually found that taking the actual test once helps a lot. You have more than one try, so don't fret too much about the first time. You'll do better if you just stay calm. Obviously do as well as you can your first time, and if you fail, go home and review what you got wrong, and then try again. As long as you're able to pass the test without paying for it agaib, you'll be just fine. ^.^ My many good lucks to you darling.

(I would ping, but I'm on my phone atm, and it's difficult to pull off on here.)
Ahhh, the permit test. Wow, I feel old now that I realize that I took mine 4 1/2 years ago. What I did was I constantly kept reading the book, and made a couple of notes in the margins. Now, when I took my test the first time, I failed it by 1 question. After I went home, I read the book again, but made sure to specifically review the things that I missed, and then kept taking the practice test over and over until I got 100% on it multiple times in a row. The next day, I took the practice test one more time before leaving the house, then when I took the test itself, I only missed 1 question. :) So, I actually found that taking the actual test once helps a lot. You have more than one try, so don't fret too much about the first time. You'll do better if you just stay calm. Obviously do as well as you can your first time, and if you fail, go home and review what you got wrong, and then try again. As long as you're able to pass the test without paying for it agaib, you'll be just fine. ^.^ My many good lucks to you darling.

(I would ping, but I'm on my phone atm, and it's difficult to pull off on here.)
I drew a fantastic Pokemon Sun and Moon picture if you would like to see.

PMD Explorers of the World! RP (Not currently accepting character apps.)
@pinkcarnation @Megalodonius @JetBlackSteel

I PASSED THE PERMIT TEST!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!
...and I only got 4 answers wrong :DDD
...and I feel like it's because of the wishes you sent me, so, thanks!

@Dragoness I found that a lot of official people (aka dmv workers & police (I went to get my fingerprints taken so that I could volunteer at my city's farm summer camp)) were really nice to me, and calm. I don't know why I'm saying this...I tend to say statements a lot.

@Krumcakee I took a lot of practice tests from driving-tests.org. The test itself seemed easier than the tests I was practicing with. I'm rooting for you to pass next time!! :D

@MewFanGirl Woah, only 1 question, amazing :D
...and that's okay, I understand.
@pinkcarnation @Megalodonius @JetBlackSteel

I PASSED THE PERMIT TEST!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!
...and I only got 4 answers wrong :DDD
...and I feel like it's because of the wishes you sent me, so, thanks!

@Dragoness I found that a lot of official people (aka dmv workers & police (I went to get my fingerprints taken so that I could volunteer at my city's farm summer camp)) were really nice to me, and calm. I don't know why I'm saying this...I tend to say statements a lot.

@Krumcakee I took a lot of practice tests from driving-tests.org. The test itself seemed easier than the tests I was practicing with. I'm rooting for you to pass next time!! :D

@MewFanGirl Woah, only 1 question, amazing :D
...and that's okay, I understand.

AY, CONGRATS! ;V;
AY, CONGRATS! ;V;
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page