Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games nobody has heard of
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@LittleMoons
If you used to have the WildTangent games.... thingy on Windows XP, you probably played Fate! I used to play the demo for this one all the time.... well, ok, I mostly just fished and turned my pet into random creatures.

@VeridisQuo
Oh man, Child of Eden! I stumbled across some playthroughs of this a few years ago! Man, I wish I had a system I could play this on.... (steam port when)

As for me... I feel like I don't see anyone talking about the BIT.TRIP series. (Well, outside of RUNNER and its numbered sequels.)
The six "main" games were all originally released on WiiWare, but have a physical release as well as 3DS, PS4 and Steam ports. I could honestly go on and on trying to describe these games....
But to keep it brief, if you like rhythm-based games, Atari-style graphics (yes, you read that correctly), trippy backgrounds (might wanna stay away if you have epilepsy...) and symbolism for days, these games are for you!
...Oh, I should warn you that they're also pretty difficult.
...And that the Steam port for FLUX is pretty buggy, so stay away from that one. All the other Steam ports are fine, though.
@LittleMoons
If you used to have the WildTangent games.... thingy on Windows XP, you probably played Fate! I used to play the demo for this one all the time.... well, ok, I mostly just fished and turned my pet into random creatures.

@VeridisQuo
Oh man, Child of Eden! I stumbled across some playthroughs of this a few years ago! Man, I wish I had a system I could play this on.... (steam port when)

As for me... I feel like I don't see anyone talking about the BIT.TRIP series. (Well, outside of RUNNER and its numbered sequels.)
The six "main" games were all originally released on WiiWare, but have a physical release as well as 3DS, PS4 and Steam ports. I could honestly go on and on trying to describe these games....
But to keep it brief, if you like rhythm-based games, Atari-style graphics (yes, you read that correctly), trippy backgrounds (might wanna stay away if you have epilepsy...) and symbolism for days, these games are for you!
...Oh, I should warn you that they're also pretty difficult.
...And that the Steam port for FLUX is pretty buggy, so stay away from that one. All the other Steam ports are fine, though.
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
[quote name="@buggy101" date="2019-12-28 18:33:16" ] Vulpin Adventure: You probably might've heard about this one a few times, but I'm bringing it up anyway. It's a browser game where you have this little creature called a Vulpin and you go out and battle monsters to save the world. The game has a really cute art style and a very well done soundtrack. I hope it gets a sequel one day. Lumino City: This game also involves solving puzzles. When Lumi's grandfather is kidnapped Lumi must use her grandfather's notebook and her brain to save him. The game's scenery is entirely made out of actual paper, so there's a lot of creativity put into it. It's a very lovely and creative game. You can get this one on the app store. [/quote] [font=copperplate] I’ve heard and played both of those games! The soundtrack of Vulpin adventure was made by Tobias Cornwall, who made MARDEK! My Vulpin, Electro is soooooo precious! I played Lumino City on my cousin’s tablet once while she was staying with us, and enjoyed it sooo much! I love puzzle games with super complex puzzles!
@buggy101 wrote on 2019-12-28 18:33:16:

Vulpin Adventure: You probably might've heard about this one a few times, but I'm bringing it up anyway. It's a browser game where you have this little creature called a Vulpin and you go out and battle monsters to save the world. The game has a really cute art style and a very well done soundtrack. I hope it gets a sequel one day.

Lumino City: This game also involves solving puzzles. When Lumi's grandfather is kidnapped Lumi must use her grandfather's notebook and her brain to save him. The game's scenery is entirely made out of actual paper, so there's a lot of creativity put into it. It's a very lovely and creative game. You can get this one on the app store.

I’ve heard and played both of those games!
The soundtrack of Vulpin adventure was made by Tobias Cornwall, who made MARDEK! My Vulpin, Electro is soooooo precious!

I played Lumino City on my cousin’s tablet once while she was staying with us, and enjoyed it sooo much! I love puzzle games with super complex puzzles!
15295.png
< PST | Exalter & Lore-Writer | Artist >

< Project Moon | Rain World | LoZ | Pokemon >

39072.png q7KYqlT.png
i saw klonoa (which i definitely gotta play) which reminded me of another great: [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/813g7YhuMKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg[/img] you roll around eggs & hatch little monsters. you can also hatch sonic & friends. it's a good time
i saw klonoa (which i definitely gotta play) which reminded me of another great:

813g7YhuMKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

you roll around eggs & hatch little monsters. you can also hatch sonic & friends. it's a good time
morri|he/him|FR+3
"Wait, wait, wait! I know this guy! Yeah, we are screwed."
Anyone know this old thing? I loved it. [img]https://files.spieletipps.de/packshot_img/000/000/008/838/8838.jpg[/img] It was a pretty cool game. I'd like to see a modern take on that one day. One game I don't remember what it was called. It was a zoo-building game focused on dinosaurs. You could mutate them via radiation, create hybrids and make them fight. That one was interesting. Another thing I used to play and only somewhat recently found the title again. was Total Annihilation - Kingdoms. [img]https://1images.cgames.de/images/gamestar/212/total-annihilation-kingdoms_2102160.jpg[/img] Fun little stategy game. Not then best of its kind, but pretty good nonetheless. Also can we please talk about Etherlords? [img]https://www.keyforsteam.de/wp-content/uploads/buy-etherlords-2-cd-key-pc-download-img1.jpg[/img] Because it's not only a fun game, but what the hell even are those creature designs? I love them. Look at some examples: [img]https://pcmedia.ign.com/media/news/image/ethersynthets013.jpg[/img] [img]https://pcmedia.ign.com/media/news/image/etherkinets012.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.igromania.ru/mnt/articles/b/5/d/c/4/e/667/html/img/78eb7dc2c4324634_zoom.jpg[/img] Perfectly normal creatures right here.
Anyone know this old thing? I loved it.
8838.jpg
It was a pretty cool game. I'd like to see a modern take on that one day.

One game I don't remember what it was called. It was a zoo-building game focused on dinosaurs. You could mutate them via radiation, create hybrids and make them fight. That one was interesting.

Another thing I used to play and only somewhat recently found the title again. was Total Annihilation - Kingdoms.
total-annihilation-kingdoms_2102160.jpg
Fun little stategy game. Not then best of its kind, but pretty good nonetheless.

Also can we please talk about Etherlords?
buy-etherlords-2-cd-key-pc-download-img1.jpg
Because it's not only a fun game, but what the hell even are those creature designs? I love them. Look at some examples:
ethersynthets013.jpg
etherkinets012.jpg
78eb7dc2c4324634_zoom.jpg
Perfectly normal creatures right here.
I used to play the Wii game version of Guardians of Ga'hoole many years ago. That game was so entertaining for me, I'd be surprised if anyone on here knows about it. The game was based on the book series of the same name that was about owls, and I think it came out around the same time as the movie.
I used to play the Wii game version of Guardians of Ga'hoole many years ago. That game was so entertaining for me, I'd be surprised if anyone on here knows about it. The game was based on the book series of the same name that was about owls, and I think it came out around the same time as the movie.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
Vampires Dawn!
No one ever seems to know what I'm talking about! It's a game where you play as the main character called Valnar, whose girlfriend disappeared.
aa_hdr.png
He sets out to find her.. at the same time the vampire named Asgar sets out to find a victim whose blood he can use to revive the love of his life. He takes Valnar, makes him into a vampire, because he survived the ceremony for the revival of Asgar's fiance and there the game starts.
I really love the story. At the wiki it's stated that vampires dawn is "popular"
How can it be popular if nobody ever heard about it? At least no one I happen to know personally.
Vampires Dawn!
No one ever seems to know what I'm talking about! It's a game where you play as the main character called Valnar, whose girlfriend disappeared.
aa_hdr.png
He sets out to find her.. at the same time the vampire named Asgar sets out to find a victim whose blood he can use to revive the love of his life. He takes Valnar, makes him into a vampire, because he survived the ceremony for the revival of Asgar's fiance and there the game starts.
I really love the story. At the wiki it's stated that vampires dawn is "popular"
How can it be popular if nobody ever heard about it? At least no one I happen to know personally.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
[quote name="Requacy" date="2019-12-27 22:07:52" ] [i]Fossil Fighters[/i] [/quote] [i][b]Yes[/b][/i] I've only played Champions, but it was one one of my favorites! I still go back to it on occasion. Wonder if anyone has heard of Scribblenauts: [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/Scribblenauts_cover.jpg[/img] It was a line of puzzle games in a mad libs kind of style, where completing puzzles grants you "Starites", which are used for unlocking levels and hints. With later installments grant you the ability to use adjectives and other abilities for more creative solutions. It's a cute and relatively cheap game I'd recommend trying out.
Requacy wrote on 2019-12-27 22:07:52:
Fossil Fighters
Yes
I've only played Champions, but it was one one of my favorites! I still go back to it on occasion.

Wonder if anyone has heard of Scribblenauts:
Scribblenauts_cover.jpg
It was a line of puzzle games in a mad libs kind of style, where completing puzzles grants you "Starites", which are used for unlocking levels and hints. With later installments grant you the ability to use adjectives and other abilities for more creative solutions. It's a cute and relatively cheap game I'd recommend trying out.

feraligatr.gifjolt_a_by_gabby_bean-dcxy9v1.gif
show of hands, how many of you've heard of Live-A-Live? [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/a8deb10939fcdaef291f2fda20f301d9/tumblr_mg4360DhxF1qd4q8ao1_400.jpg[/img] I've heard that Octopath Traveler's some kind of spiritual successor to it???
show of hands, how many of you've heard of Live-A-Live?

tumblr_mg4360DhxF1qd4q8ao1_400.jpg

I've heard that Octopath Traveler's some kind of spiritual successor to it???
a pixelated cut-in of toropiamon, a plant dinosaur digimon, as seen on the pendulum z wind guardians device. faust, they/he, fr +3
small lair enthusiast
[center]A few games I know of include: > [b]Parasite Eve (first game, but is a trilogy)[/b]: Square Enix/Squaresoft title that came around the same time as Final Fantasy VIII (8). It follows similar lengths of the rpg titles but also includes free movement in encounters -- you can dodge attacks with ease when learning enemy attack patterns! Summary: focuses on a book of the same name, focusing on mitochondrial mutations that give organisms a horrid look with supernatural powers in a nutshell. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3f/Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png/220px-Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png[/img] - [b]The World Ends With You[/b]: Another square enix title, i think you can tell who my favorite publisher is lol. Anyhow, this game originated on DS, and has a gorgeous art style! It focuses on a "game" that is life or death with pins and tasks. It's been a while since I've played so its a very rough summary, sorry. But it's an interesting series and seeing the character growth of the main character is so, so enjoyable. [img]https://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/116172-the-world-ends-with-you-nintendo-ds-front-cover.jpg[/img] -[b]Sally Face[/b]: I have NEVER seen people casually speak about sally face. While it is reasonably covered by huge youtubers, I never see anyone talk about it and its a shame, really! I absolutely love the art style cause its creepy and grungy, fitting the atmosphere of the main game :'0 It follows Sal, a kid with a prosthetic mask, finding out things about his new apartment complex as well as having friends along the way. It does get dark pretty quickly though. [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xu0dMjp7OBI/maxresdefault.jpg[/img] -[b]Scaler[/b]: I NEVER have met ANYONE who has played this ps2 title. I got it as a kid and I have never ever seen anyone speak about it. I love it -- it's about a boy who got teleported to a new dimension where he is turned into a reptile. It's a very engaging environment and the boss battles are so fun! [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51ES4TNW06L.jpg[/img] I'm gonna stop there so I don't make an even bigger, longer post than I have haha. But I just love talking about smaller titles I don't see talked about much at all.
A few games I know of include:

> Parasite Eve (first game, but is a trilogy): Square Enix/Squaresoft title that came around the same time as Final Fantasy VIII (8). It follows similar lengths of the rpg titles but also includes free movement in encounters -- you can dodge attacks with ease when learning enemy attack patterns!
Summary: focuses on a book of the same name, focusing on mitochondrial mutations that give organisms a horrid look with supernatural powers in a nutshell.

220px-Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png

- The World Ends With You: Another square enix title, i think you can tell who my favorite publisher is lol. Anyhow, this game originated on DS, and has a gorgeous art style! It focuses on a "game" that is life or death with pins and tasks. It's been a while since I've played so its a very rough summary, sorry. But it's an interesting series and seeing the character growth of the main character is so, so enjoyable.

116172-the-world-ends-with-you-nintendo-ds-front-cover.jpg

-Sally Face: I have NEVER seen people casually speak about sally face. While it is reasonably covered by huge youtubers, I never see anyone talk about it and its a shame, really! I absolutely love the art style cause its creepy and grungy, fitting the atmosphere of the main game :'0
It follows Sal, a kid with a prosthetic mask, finding out things about his new apartment complex as well as having friends along the way. It does get dark pretty quickly though.

maxresdefault.jpg

-Scaler: I NEVER have met ANYONE who has played this ps2 title. I got it as a kid and I have never ever seen anyone speak about it. I love it -- it's about a boy who got teleported to a new dimension where he is turned into a reptile. It's a very engaging environment and the boss battles are so fun!

51ES4TNW06L.jpg

I'm gonna stop there so I don't make an even bigger, longer post than I have haha. But I just love talking about smaller titles I don't see talked about much at all.
aa.gif
@Nicolle Yes! I know Scribblenauts! I have Super Scribblenauts for the DS and the first game I ever got from Steam was Scribblenauts Unlimited for PC. Have not played the DC Comics expansion one. While we're on the subject of weird quirky art games: [img]https://i.imgur.com/A8RGCls.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vo7RwJV.jpg[/img] Drawn to Life and Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter for Nintendo DS. (There was apparently a different version of the latter for the Wii but I did not play it.) I played the heck out of both of these games as an adolescent. For a game sold on the premise of "doodle your own hero!!" it sure had a really heartwrenching story. One of the few pieces of media that has made me bawl real tears. Another game I played a lot during my adolescent years was SPORE, which is not terribly obscure as it does still have its fans. Though it did have a lot of spinoffs that are not as well remembered, my favorite of which being: [img]https://i.imgur.com/qemIaof.jpg[/img] SPORE Hero for the Wii. Basically the SPORE Creature Stage with a plot and more in-depth gameplay. Also janky Wii motion controls. But it was definitely a blast and I recently revisited it after getting a copy at a used bookstore. My mom even got into it and beat the game before I did and was giving me tips on how to beat the final boss. Overall a fun quirky game, though again, janky controls.
@Nicolle

Yes! I know Scribblenauts! I have Super Scribblenauts for the DS and the first game I ever got from Steam was Scribblenauts Unlimited for PC. Have not played the DC Comics expansion one.

While we're on the subject of weird quirky art games:

A8RGCls.jpg
vo7RwJV.jpg

Drawn to Life and Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter for Nintendo DS. (There was apparently a different version of the latter for the Wii but I did not play it.)

I played the heck out of both of these games as an adolescent. For a game sold on the premise of "doodle your own hero!!" it sure had a really heartwrenching story. One of the few pieces of media that has made me bawl real tears.

Another game I played a lot during my adolescent years was SPORE, which is not terribly obscure as it does still have its fans. Though it did have a lot of spinoffs that are not as well remembered, my favorite of which being:

qemIaof.jpg

SPORE Hero for the Wii.

Basically the SPORE Creature Stage with a plot and more in-depth gameplay. Also janky Wii motion controls. But it was definitely a blast and I recently revisited it after getting a copy at a used bookstore. My mom even got into it and beat the game before I did and was giving me tips on how to beat the final boss. Overall a fun quirky game, though again, janky controls.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13