Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Does anyone else keep unique/rare pets?
@Cacti
Yeah my mother isn't usually a problem, I mean she's where I got my love of animals from, but she's not fond of a lot of lizards, she's scared of snakes and rats... Though she loves cute geckos, salamanders and mice.
Yeah I know how that can be, I need to get a solid job, pay off my college debt and finally get a place of my own, I took 3D art but decided networking and constantly looking for a job was to stressful for me. So I need a new career path, still gonna do some art on the side, but once I got a place of my own and no debts I can get some pets I can't get while I'm living here. I guess a lizards off that list now, but I do plan to get a ferret at some point, they are certainly interesting little pets.
Oh Salt water tank? those are so pretty, lots of vibrantly colored fish. X3
@Cacti
Yeah my mother isn't usually a problem, I mean she's where I got my love of animals from, but she's not fond of a lot of lizards, she's scared of snakes and rats... Though she loves cute geckos, salamanders and mice.
Yeah I know how that can be, I need to get a solid job, pay off my college debt and finally get a place of my own, I took 3D art but decided networking and constantly looking for a job was to stressful for me. So I need a new career path, still gonna do some art on the side, but once I got a place of my own and no debts I can get some pets I can't get while I'm living here. I guess a lizards off that list now, but I do plan to get a ferret at some point, they are certainly interesting little pets.
Oh Salt water tank? those are so pretty, lots of vibrantly colored fish. X3
Banescale Accent Thread Link
Fzyc1uu.png
@Golem Lovely chameleon! But more to the point, were you a falconer? I'm apprenticing this summer. :)
@Golem Lovely chameleon! But more to the point, were you a falconer? I'm apprenticing this summer. :)
FWsnhaP.png
Contact me for commission information.
@Cacti most of them were rescues to be rehabilitated, such as the barn owls, a tawny owl and I'm sure we had a buzzard at one point. I didn't hunt with them myself, but I think my dad did. My memory's poor, so I don't remember much of it. Though I remember the golden eagle was called boris and you can still find pictures of him from the center that he was given to for a breeding program.
@Cacti most of them were rescues to be rehabilitated, such as the barn owls, a tawny owl and I'm sure we had a buzzard at one point. I didn't hunt with them myself, but I think my dad did. My memory's poor, so I don't remember much of it. Though I remember the golden eagle was called boris and you can still find pictures of him from the center that he was given to for a breeding program.
:3 I have button quail
:3 I have button quail
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
The most exotic pet I have are dwarf hamsters. But one of them can ride a cat, so there's that.

I want to get a snake and maybe birds too. But I can't right now since I don't have the space. And my parents don't like animals around so I have to wait until I can move out.
The most exotic pet I have are dwarf hamsters. But one of them can ride a cat, so there's that.

I want to get a snake and maybe birds too. But I can't right now since I don't have the space. And my parents don't like animals around so I have to wait until I can move out.
Currently I have a crested gecko (Jim), 2 corns one of which is 15, and 2 Lygodactylus williamsi/electric blue dwarf gecko's, which will hopefully be a breeding pair soon :) At the end of this week I'm getting a juvi water dragon and then soon after that some viper geckos. I also have 3 fancy mice (was a total of 12 at one point), a dog, and a cat, but they aren't really exotic.
Luckily in my college course we get to work with a bunch of exotic animals (the reptiles are the best though!)

Unfortunelty, I had a red eyed croc skink that I loved to bits (she was my first lizard called Sain) but she died last week :(
Currently I have a crested gecko (Jim), 2 corns one of which is 15, and 2 Lygodactylus williamsi/electric blue dwarf gecko's, which will hopefully be a breeding pair soon :) At the end of this week I'm getting a juvi water dragon and then soon after that some viper geckos. I also have 3 fancy mice (was a total of 12 at one point), a dog, and a cat, but they aren't really exotic.
Luckily in my college course we get to work with a bunch of exotic animals (the reptiles are the best though!)

Unfortunelty, I had a red eyed croc skink that I loved to bits (she was my first lizard called Sain) but she died last week :(
ot0aco5.png
I have a few fairly exotic pets up my sleeve!

Jojo, male anery cornsnake. He turned a year old this past october, and this picture was taken some time last april. His colors are fairly grey and blended now.
bojo_zps262a2591.jpg
Lola, female(possibly male) lavender corn snake, same age as Jojo. Photo taken around same time too, she's more greyish now and less pink.
lola_zps16d20285.jpg
Bumblebee, my 3 and a half year old male pastel ball python.
bumblebeeeee_zps2a40b030.jpg
Wendigo, my 2 year old male garden phase amazon tree boa.
digo_zps9ade95b8.jpg
My next snake will hopefully be a Sorong or Aru green tree python, and I'm aiming for next summer. If not, I'll get the cage by summer and the snake next christmas.

Along with the reptiles, we have a rose haired tarantula named Rosie, an orange veil tail betta, a blue veiltail betta, and a black veiltail(possible halfmoon) betta. The orange one, Gideon, is getting moved into a community tank, hopefully with 6 or so neon tetras.

Along with that tank, I'm aiming for a 50-60 gallon tank from my grandmother, who is moving and can't take it, and I'll try and get some ryukins and orandas.

Those are the more exotic ones, but we have two(three if we count the outside cat who technically isn't ours) rescued cats and a pomeranian and a chihuahua.
I have a few fairly exotic pets up my sleeve!

Jojo, male anery cornsnake. He turned a year old this past october, and this picture was taken some time last april. His colors are fairly grey and blended now.
bojo_zps262a2591.jpg
Lola, female(possibly male) lavender corn snake, same age as Jojo. Photo taken around same time too, she's more greyish now and less pink.
lola_zps16d20285.jpg
Bumblebee, my 3 and a half year old male pastel ball python.
bumblebeeeee_zps2a40b030.jpg
Wendigo, my 2 year old male garden phase amazon tree boa.
digo_zps9ade95b8.jpg
My next snake will hopefully be a Sorong or Aru green tree python, and I'm aiming for next summer. If not, I'll get the cage by summer and the snake next christmas.

Along with the reptiles, we have a rose haired tarantula named Rosie, an orange veil tail betta, a blue veiltail betta, and a black veiltail(possible halfmoon) betta. The orange one, Gideon, is getting moved into a community tank, hopefully with 6 or so neon tetras.

Along with that tank, I'm aiming for a 50-60 gallon tank from my grandmother, who is moving and can't take it, and I'll try and get some ryukins and orandas.

Those are the more exotic ones, but we have two(three if we count the outside cat who technically isn't ours) rescued cats and a pomeranian and a chihuahua.
lilsig1_by_saturnsdragon-d9zy2w4.png lilsig2_by_saturnsdragon-d9zy3l0.png
I had chinchillas since recently. And the best animal buddy I've ever had the pleasure to live with for two and a half years; Jiro, my hedge sparrow. God he was so amazing omg I miss him so much ;_; [img]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2rog5ed.jpg[/img]
I had chinchillas since recently.

And the best animal buddy I've ever had the pleasure to live with for two and a half years; Jiro, my hedge sparrow. God he was so amazing omg I miss him so much ;_;
2rog5ed.jpg
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
Not really "rare" but I have an Abyssinian cat ^^
Not really "rare" but I have an Abyssinian cat ^^
@Endee Aww that's heartbreaking. I hate losing the company of animals, they're so incredibly wonderful and their lives are so short...

@Ryha I love abbies! Almost got one myself actually. They're probably my favorite cat breed outside the ones I currently own.
@Endee Aww that's heartbreaking. I hate losing the company of animals, they're so incredibly wonderful and their lives are so short...

@Ryha I love abbies! Almost got one myself actually. They're probably my favorite cat breed outside the ones I currently own.
FWsnhaP.png
Contact me for commission information.