Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Glimmer and Gloom [Very Hard]
@MoonCatcher333

I break them up (mentally) into groups of three, so 000101100 would be (to me) 000 101 100

That helps me when I switch to the tool and type them in as they are all three syllable cadences so one syllable I say in my head each time I'm typing a numeral.

tri-ple oh
one-oh-one
one hun-dred

I also use the numeric keypad so the 1 and zero are next to each other

When I get the readout (this one was R2 D2 D3 D4) I visualise that on the board rather than remember a list.
If its a longer list I'll split it into two tasks, just do all the R rows first then switch back to the tool tab and read the D values.

Its very forgiving, it doesn't matter what order you do the rows, or even what order you click the hexagons in each row, as long as you click them all, so if you get R1 R2 R3 you can describe a zigzag as you are clicking rather than going left to right each time.

If you click the wrong field just click it a second time it doesn't mess up the rest of the board.

I have missed a mouse click sometimes when I'm going fast (the animations cause it too I've noticed) and have to refer to the tool a second time for the same puzzle, but it usually results in a shorter list the second time through.
(eg. R1 R2 R3 D1 D4 - if I made a mistake somewhere during the clickfest and enter my remaining fields into the spreadsheet a second time it would return something simple like R3)
@MoonCatcher333

I break them up (mentally) into groups of three, so 000101100 would be (to me) 000 101 100

That helps me when I switch to the tool and type them in as they are all three syllable cadences so one syllable I say in my head each time I'm typing a numeral.

tri-ple oh
one-oh-one
one hun-dred

I also use the numeric keypad so the 1 and zero are next to each other

When I get the readout (this one was R2 D2 D3 D4) I visualise that on the board rather than remember a list.
If its a longer list I'll split it into two tasks, just do all the R rows first then switch back to the tool tab and read the D values.

Its very forgiving, it doesn't matter what order you do the rows, or even what order you click the hexagons in each row, as long as you click them all, so if you get R1 R2 R3 you can describe a zigzag as you are clicking rather than going left to right each time.

If you click the wrong field just click it a second time it doesn't mess up the rest of the board.

I have missed a mouse click sometimes when I'm going fast (the animations cause it too I've noticed) and have to refer to the tool a second time for the same puzzle, but it usually results in a shorter list the second time through.
(eg. R1 R2 R3 D1 D4 - if I made a mistake somewhere during the clickfest and enter my remaining fields into the spreadsheet a second time it would return something simple like R3)
tumblr_n9jundzMHn1sh2doyo1_540.gif
@gn0me

Thanks! That sure helps! :3

wowooww I solved me first very hard
@gn0me

Thanks! That sure helps! :3

wowooww I solved me first very hard
OOf4SrF.gif 2330070.pngOOf4SrF.gif 2vju4wg.jpg
somebody else having isues with the spreadsheet? o.0
somebody else having isues with the spreadsheet? o.0
FR_TideForge_single_text.jpg
@Ilom84 - which spreadsheet?

I use this one: link and have no issues with it :)
@Ilom84 - which spreadsheet?

I use this one: link and have no issues with it :)
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
@ThistleProse the second one. you just enter the numbers there and they give you the rows to click... it sems like someone did break it [emoji=guardian deadpan size=2]
@ThistleProse the second one. you just enter the numbers there and they give you the rows to click... it sems like someone did break it
FR_TideForge_single_text.jpg
Ah, okay. I just use the first one with a search and find xD
Ah, okay. I just use the first one with a search and find xD
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
This guide is my go-to when I feel like making money quickly. Thank you!
This guide is my go-to when I feel like making money quickly. Thank you!
Dwarf Mushroom Chickweed Electric Stingers Blue Entoloma Grey River Jumper
@catradora

Thank you for posting this! As a noob, it helps a lot lol
@catradora

Thank you for posting this! As a noob, it helps a lot lol
[url=http://i.imgur.com/DUyGHhp.png] [img]http://imgur.com/DUyGHhpl.png[/img] [/url]

DUyGHhpl.png
tumblr_n9jundzMHn1sh2doyo1_540.gif
@ThistleProse

how do i use find on that? to find the numbers
@ThistleProse

how do i use find on that? to find the numbers
tumblr_px51bcoWuu1ytty0no1_250.png