Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [GUIDE] The Sedona Build | NO ELIMINATE!
@Knickknacks

Of course!

@bcrush

No, thank you for reading it! :D

@Shadowind

Awesome, adding it now!
@Knickknacks

Of course!

@bcrush

No, thank you for reading it! :D

@Shadowind

Awesome, adding it now!
@EeveeDream
I... completely don't get your way of calculating profit considering your own data shows that whatever you make in Crystal, you get twice as much in KB in the same period. And I'm sorry, but even food drops are not guaranteed and sometimes don't drop.

I mean, if you want to see which individual dragon would make you more profit, well, that's easy - higher level = more battles = more profit. But you'd spend more time leveling to the higher levels and at the end of the day, make less because the majority of the profit comes from the exalted dragon, not the drops.

For example (for a 2 fodder Mireflyer, though the numbers are mostly the same for other builds), right now the fodder floor is low enough that the most profitable level per time spent is 5 - even though I only make ~2kt per dragon, the sheer speed gets me +15% more profit than I would get leveling to 7. Sure, the number of dragons is higher, but the time I spend in Coli is the same and profit - higher.

So in conclusion - I still don't get your way of profit calculation :|
@EeveeDream
I... completely don't get your way of calculating profit considering your own data shows that whatever you make in Crystal, you get twice as much in KB in the same period. And I'm sorry, but even food drops are not guaranteed and sometimes don't drop.

I mean, if you want to see which individual dragon would make you more profit, well, that's easy - higher level = more battles = more profit. But you'd spend more time leveling to the higher levels and at the end of the day, make less because the majority of the profit comes from the exalted dragon, not the drops.

For example (for a 2 fodder Mireflyer, though the numbers are mostly the same for other builds), right now the fodder floor is low enough that the most profitable level per time spent is 5 - even though I only make ~2kt per dragon, the sheer speed gets me +15% more profit than I would get leveling to 7. Sure, the number of dragons is higher, but the time I spend in Coli is the same and profit - higher.

So in conclusion - I still don't get your way of profit calculation :|
JQQ3Fjt.png
@RedWillia
Well, I didn't count 2 fodder trainers against 1 fodder trainers because I didn't find that fair.

However, since it is confusing, I will remove that bit and continue testing.
@RedWillia
Well, I didn't count 2 fodder trainers against 1 fodder trainers because I didn't find that fair.

However, since it is confusing, I will remove that bit and continue testing.
@EeveeDream
I love that you thought of a way to bypass the need for an Eliminate - as I am mentor in Shadow, I will recommend trying this out for some of my apprentices that want teams mainly for grinding/farming, especially in the lower venues, and not the ultra fast fodder leveling.

The slightly clickbait-y note that it is more profitable, though?... That depends on how you count your profit :D

Also - have you seen this exalt payout chart? It has the average exalt payouts, so you don't have to keep track of the exact payout numbers since the averages have been counted from a few hundred dragons. The chart might make some of your experiments easier?
@EeveeDream
I love that you thought of a way to bypass the need for an Eliminate - as I am mentor in Shadow, I will recommend trying this out for some of my apprentices that want teams mainly for grinding/farming, especially in the lower venues, and not the ultra fast fodder leveling.

The slightly clickbait-y note that it is more profitable, though?... That depends on how you count your profit :D

Also - have you seen this exalt payout chart? It has the average exalt payouts, so you don't have to keep track of the exact payout numbers since the averages have been counted from a few hundred dragons. The chart might make some of your experiments easier?
JQQ3Fjt.png
@RedWillia
Thank you, I'm glad you love it! I really wanted a way for players without 400k lying around to be able to make money in the coliseum as well! I'm glad you'll be recommending it to some of your apprentices, I hope it helps them out!

That is true, and I know about the chart, haha. It's just that since I was counting overall totals, not just payout, and my numbers slip around within the ranges, I wanted to use the numbers that I was getting, rather than try and estimate.

I am going to keep testing, as I believe when I tested and wrote it I had a specific scenario in mind for it being "better", but I can't remember at all now what it was. Dx
@RedWillia
Thank you, I'm glad you love it! I really wanted a way for players without 400k lying around to be able to make money in the coliseum as well! I'm glad you'll be recommending it to some of your apprentices, I hope it helps them out!

That is true, and I know about the chart, haha. It's just that since I was counting overall totals, not just payout, and my numbers slip around within the ranges, I wanted to use the numbers that I was getting, rather than try and estimate.

I am going to keep testing, as I believe when I tested and wrote it I had a specific scenario in mind for it being "better", but I can't remember at all now what it was. Dx
@pigscanfly
Pinging myself! This is great!
@pigscanfly
Pinging myself! This is great!
Join this cool raffle!
Wartoad_Raffle.png
@EeveeDream this is so cool!!! i'd love to be added to the pinglist whenever you have a minute!
@EeveeDream this is so cool!!! i'd love to be added to the pinglist whenever you have a minute!
rose/raven * 1w9 * she/they * +2hrs
you are loved.
tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
@pigscanfly
Thank you!

@curiousraven
I'm glad you like it! I'll add you to the pinglist now! ^_^
@pigscanfly
Thank you!

@curiousraven
I'm glad you like it! I'll add you to the pinglist now! ^_^
This is really cool of you! I don't know if I'll use this build or not but it's definitely something I'll keep in mind since I... Don't really want to buy eliminate for a new team I'm leveling up, agghh.
This is really cool of you! I don't know if I'll use this build or not but it's definitely something I'll keep in mind since I... Don't really want to buy eliminate for a new team I'm leveling up, agghh.
viole - any pronouns but she/her - EST +3hr fr time
@roses

No problem! If you do decide to use it, I hope it helps you out!
@roses

No problem! If you do decide to use it, I hope it helps you out!