Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Text Adventure] You are the Swarmlord
[center][size=2]| [url=http://i.imgur.com/8NZh30S.png]Map[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ShoyLAewOLPA0iUPGrHf04drn0Jf9Fh0g0rkjJx-Y4/edit?usp=sharing]Notepad[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2124999/1#post_25749932]Inventory and Stats[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dlrRZawW3QjNPhSkkAK9VxroqqF080tNrRn2PGPV0cA/edit?usp=sharing]Pinglist[/url] | [img]http://i.imgur.com/VRi4lwc.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/xNrS9MB.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/5cKO0Gh.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/WkfeVU8.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/CMv5hl0.png[/img][/center] [size=1] @jedflah @LibreNoctre @Krycelli @CheetahCat @Fil @MysterySandwing @Soulborg63 @saphariadragon @Mismas @Frysa [/size] [size=4][Major Game Decisions/Developments/End of Day pinglist was here][/size] @jedflah @frysa @Mysterysandwing @Cheetahcat @ThePhantomRose's answer wins! By the way, if I ever get too aggressive with the automatic need fulfillment, please feel free to tell me to dial back! There's a very delicate balance between "not forcing people to take turns consisting of just "sleep"" and "hijacking gameplay to an unfun extent." [size=4][font=monospace]You tend to your scavenger. While there's not much you can do to augment the (already impressive) speed with which swarm members heal, you can certainly clean and dress the wound. You crush a handful of antiseptic berries and spread the paste along the cut. After checking with Li'l Bub, you brush on a bit of the dark resin, then bind the cut with strips of the vine-fiber. Your scavenger is much more comfortable, though they still shouldn't carry extra weight. Instead, they immediately set about gathering seeds. You decide to bring back transplantable samples of the [b]hard-shelled fruits, mealy-berries, antiseptic[/b], and the [b]gnarled and weedy plant[/b]. The journey back is uneventful, but tiring. You arrive perhaps an hour before dawn. After ordering Lark to see to the transplants, you enjoy a simple dinner and nap just enough to feel refreshed. You awaken some three hours before noon.The weather is fair, with a slight breeze coming in from the coast. The swarm's food supply is running rather low. Lizzie has laid more eggs, bringing you to the (soft) cap of 20. Lark is chirping and bouncing from foot to foot, eager to learn how and where you would like the farm to be started. [center][size=6]Current Stats[/size][/center] [quote] [quote=Your Swarm] 1x Queen (Lizzie) 20x Eggs 1x Toxin-Sucker (Li'l Bub) 2x Scavenger 3x Scourer 1x Breather 1x Farmer (Lark)[/quote] [quote=Your Inventory] Incomplete Map Tooth-Studded Club Firewood Field Kit Firestarters Notebook and Pen Poison-Coated Specimen Knife Flare Survivor Manual Dried clay bowl Large rhyolite shards Various jewelry 2 alien-looking guns 6 charge cells Crashed ship's black box Mysterious black device[/quote] [quote=Your Camp] Campfire: uncovered, unprotected Workspace: downed log, attending stump, worktop and knife, crate of diamond-edged implements Ship: provides some shelter and helps the camp drain, otherwise unopenable Shelter: Large enough for swarm and reasonably waterproof Food Storage: Enough for 2 dozen meals. unrefrigerated Firewood Shelter: Enough for a week of wood. Lizzie's Bed: Better than yours Li'l Bubs Bed: Yours [/quote] [quote=Your Universe] Universe Status: Unknown Civilizations: Unafraid Planet: Cynesige Funds: Unowned Conquest: Unstarted [/quote] [quote=Your Stats] Days Survived: 6 Species Tasted: 12 Years Slept: So Many Strains Hatched: 5 Horrors Unleashed: ? Badgers Badgered: 0 Business Cards Collected: 0 Sacrifices Made (by you): 1 Battles Fought: 1 Stats Revealed: 10 [/quote] [/quote]

@jedflah @LibreNoctre @Krycelli @CheetahCat @Fil @MysterySandwing @Soulborg63 @saphariadragon @Mismas @Frysa

[Major Game Decisions/Developments/End of Day pinglist was here]

@jedflah @frysa @Mysterysandwing @Cheetahcat @ThePhantomRose's answer wins! By the way, if I ever get too aggressive with the automatic need fulfillment, please feel free to tell me to dial back! There's a very delicate balance between "not forcing people to take turns consisting of just "sleep"" and "hijacking gameplay to an unfun extent."

You tend to your scavenger. While there's not much you can do to augment the (already impressive) speed with which swarm members heal, you can certainly clean and dress the wound. You crush a handful of antiseptic berries and spread the paste along the cut. After checking with Li'l Bub, you brush on a bit of the dark resin, then bind the cut with strips of the vine-fiber. Your scavenger is much more comfortable, though they still shouldn't carry extra weight. Instead, they immediately set about gathering seeds.

You decide to bring back transplantable samples of the hard-shelled fruits, mealy-berries, antiseptic, and the gnarled and weedy plant.

The journey back is uneventful, but tiring. You arrive perhaps an hour before dawn.

After ordering Lark to see to the transplants, you enjoy a simple dinner and nap just enough to feel refreshed.

You awaken some three hours before noon.The weather is fair, with a slight breeze coming in from the coast. The swarm's food supply is running rather low. Lizzie has laid more eggs, bringing you to the (soft) cap of 20. Lark is chirping and bouncing from foot to foot, eager to learn how and where you would like the farm to be started.

Current Stats
Quote:
Your Swarm wrote:
1x Queen (Lizzie)
20x Eggs
1x Toxin-Sucker (Li'l Bub)
2x Scavenger
3x Scourer
1x Breather
1x Farmer (Lark)
Your Inventory wrote:
Incomplete Map
Tooth-Studded Club
Firewood
Field Kit
Firestarters
Notebook and Pen
Poison-Coated Specimen Knife
Flare
Survivor Manual
Dried clay bowl
Large rhyolite shards
Various jewelry
2 alien-looking guns
6 charge cells
Crashed ship's black box
Mysterious black device
Your Camp wrote:
Campfire: uncovered, unprotected
Workspace: downed log, attending stump, worktop and knife, crate of diamond-edged implements
Ship: provides some shelter and helps the camp drain, otherwise unopenable
Shelter: Large enough for swarm and reasonably waterproof
Food Storage: Enough for 2 dozen meals. unrefrigerated
Firewood Shelter: Enough for a week of wood.
Lizzie's Bed: Better than yours
Li'l Bubs Bed: Yours
Your Universe wrote:
Universe Status: Unknown
Civilizations: Unafraid
Planet: Cynesige
Funds: Unowned
Conquest: Unstarted
Your Stats wrote:
Days Survived: 6
Species Tasted: 12
Years Slept: So Many
Strains Hatched: 5
Horrors Unleashed: ?
Badgers Badgered: 0
Business Cards Collected: 0
Sacrifices Made (by you): 1
Battles Fought: 1
Stats Revealed: 10
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha
I think we've done enough work. We relax and meditate. Do yoga, and unlock our inner peace and spiritual powers.
@Oranitha
I think we've done enough work. We relax and meditate. Do yoga, and unlock our inner peace and spiritual powers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
/Discord
@Fil

Alright this is going to sound like a stupid question, but I promise it's not.

If you had to choose between "relax" and "unlock our inner strength" and the like, which would it be? Because there is a certain amount of literal-ness involving a swarmlord's "inner strength," but I don't know that I'd call the process relaxing.
@Fil

If you had to choose between "relax" and "unlock our inner strength" and the like, which would it be? Because there is a certain amount of literal-ness involving a swarmlord's "inner strength," but I don't know that I'd call the process relaxing.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha
That's not what I meant. What I meant was we meditate and relax.
@Oranitha
That's not what I meant. What I meant was we meditate and relax.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
/Discord
[quote name="Fil" date=2017-03-03 17:52:23] @Oranitha I think we've done enough work. We relax and meditate. Do yoga, and unlock our inner peace and spiritual powers. [/quote] And after that, why don't we start our research on the guns and black device? [s]I'm sure that Thanatos is familiar with the black device...[/s]
Fil wrote on 2017-03-03:
@Oranitha
And after that, why don't we start our research on the guns and black device? I'm sure that Thanatos is familiar with the black device...
Hello i am fibsh
rqY078Q.pngCheuG1b.png
[quote name="VelcrowC" date=2017-03-03 19:56:44] [quote name="Fil" date=2017-03-03 17:52:23] @Oranitha I think we've done enough work. We relax and meditate. Do yoga, and unlock our inner peace and spiritual powers. [/quote] And after that, why don't we start our research on the guns and black device? [s]I'm sure that Thanatos is familiar with the black device...[/s] [/quote] ^^
VelcrowC wrote on 2017-03-03:
Fil wrote on 2017-03-03:
@Oranitha
And after that, why don't we start our research on the guns and black device? I'm sure that Thanatos is familiar with the black device...
^^
Hel || College Student || She/Her
dpQFynF.jpg
[quote name="ThePhantomRose" date=2017-03-03 22:18:57] [quote name="VelcrowC" date=2017-03-03 19:56:44] [quote name="Fil" date=2017-03-03 17:52:23] @Oranitha I think we've done enough work. We relax and meditate. Do yoga, and unlock our inner peace and spiritual powers. [/quote] And after that, why don't we start our research on the guns and black device? [s]I'm sure that Thanatos is familiar with the black device...[/s] [/quote] ^^ [/quote] Agree
ThePhantomRose wrote on 2017-03-03:
Fil wrote on 2017-03-03:
@Oranitha
^^
Agree
37fae7ca97bc1b948338fcd7e8cd402e100ac8f0.png
[quote name="Oranitha" date=2017-03-03 18:09:53] @Fil Alright this is going to sound like a stupid question, but I promise it's not. If you had to choose between "relax" and "unlock our inner strength" and the like, which would it be? Because there is a certain amount of literal-ness involving a swarmlord's "inner strength," but I don't know that I'd call the process relaxing. [/quote] If unlocking our inner strength means we have to go the way of the previous swarmlords and destroy and kill things and ruin the peace, I vote we relax. If we can still be on a good path even if we unlock that strength, I vote we go for it.
Oranitha wrote on 2017-03-03:
@Fil

If unlocking our inner strength means we have to go the way of the previous swarmlords and destroy and kill things and ruin the peace, I vote we relax. If we can still be on a good path even if we unlock that strength, I vote we go for it.
sell me tundras and ridgies
there's no u in MY color fight me british lads
[quote name="otherfireangel" date=2017-03-04 09:52:17] [quote name="ThePhantomRose" date=2017-03-03 22:18:57] [quote name="VelcrowC" date=2017-03-03 19:56:44] [quote name="Fil" date=2017-03-03 17:52:23] @Oranitha I think we've done enough work. We relax and meditate. Do yoga, and unlock our inner peace and spiritual powers. [/quote] And after that, why don't we start our research on the guns and black device? [s]I'm sure that Thanatos is familiar with the black device...[/s] [/quote] ^^ [/quote] Agree [/quote] I'm all for that. Especially curious about the black device.
otherfireangel wrote on 2017-03-04:
Fil wrote on 2017-03-03:
@Oranitha
^^
Agree

I'm all for that. Especially curious about the black device.
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
[quote name="Craneoflores" date=2017-03-04 13:35:12] [quote name="otherfireangel" date=2017-03-04 09:52:17] [quote name="ThePhantomRose" date=2017-03-03 22:18:57] [quote name="VelcrowC" date=2017-03-03 19:56:44] [quote name="Fil" date=2017-03-03 17:52:23] @Oranitha I think we've done enough work. We relax and meditate. Do yoga, and unlock our inner peace and spiritual powers. [/quote] And after that, why don't we start our research on the guns and black device? [s]I'm sure that Thanatos is familiar with the black device...[/s] [/quote] ^^ [/quote] Agree [/quote] I'm all for that. Especially curious about the black device. [/quote] Vote
Craneoflores wrote on 2017-03-04:
otherfireangel wrote on 2017-03-04:
Fil wrote on 2017-03-03:
@Oranitha
^^
Agree

I'm all for that. Especially curious about the black device.
Vote