Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lineage] Wisdom of Trees
And it's public!
Invitations go out soon.
Links to the permanent thread get inserted into the badge and affiliate code boxes soon.

Additional combing of the family tree, after that~
And it's public!
Invitations go out soon.
Links to the permanent thread get inserted into the badge and affiliate code boxes soon.

Additional combing of the family tree, after that~
xORoftk.pngUjPAw5n.png
(A light story of one way visitors may find their way here, rather than being invited because of a dragon they already own.)

You are returning home from yet another celebration in Sorienth, carrybags bulging and heavy with souvenirs. A forest stands between you and home, and you decide to rest your wings and stretch your legs. 'A walk in the woods will be pretty,' you think.

Sometime later, you are hopelessly turned around. Forward could be anywhere. Worse, the way back could be anywhere too. You are not a fool. You know sunset means west. But the branches form a mat overhead and there is no sun, only general light. Worse, that ambiance is fading to gray. Twilight is approaching and you -still- can't tell what part of the sky is sunset.

You leap up and try to get back into the sky. But the canopy is strong and springy enough that you can't burst through, but flimsy enough that pulling yourself to the top layer cracks you back to the ground.

That's when you notice an etching on a tree trunk. A strange shape could be a lair entrance or a trading table. But the arrow is clear. You would take anything.

Some minutes later, another tree and marking. Wavy lines that could be a stream, or the lair entrance. A stream is neither safety nor shelter so you stick with the lair. You pick up the pace.

Light is more dim by the minute. Your eyes scan every which way for another marker as your feet beat a relentless tempo. There! Lair, or symbol of GIANT tree if the stick figure next to it is the dragon breed you think it is. The lair arrow is much shorter than the first time you saw it. Does that mean distance? But the giant tree arrow is so short you're almost on top of it. You hesitate, then decide.

The clearing opens up to the most welcome sight you've ever seen. Sky means freedom. But before you wing out of there you take in the grass rustling in the breeze, the arc of trees on the clearing's far edge that look so picturesque now that they are no obstacle, and one majestic tree in the meadow's center like a monument.

...That's the moment when you meet the bloodline watching over the tree, and the real story begins.
(A light story of one way visitors may find their way here, rather than being invited because of a dragon they already own.)

You are returning home from yet another celebration in Sorienth, carrybags bulging and heavy with souvenirs. A forest stands between you and home, and you decide to rest your wings and stretch your legs. 'A walk in the woods will be pretty,' you think.

Sometime later, you are hopelessly turned around. Forward could be anywhere. Worse, the way back could be anywhere too. You are not a fool. You know sunset means west. But the branches form a mat overhead and there is no sun, only general light. Worse, that ambiance is fading to gray. Twilight is approaching and you -still- can't tell what part of the sky is sunset.

You leap up and try to get back into the sky. But the canopy is strong and springy enough that you can't burst through, but flimsy enough that pulling yourself to the top layer cracks you back to the ground.

That's when you notice an etching on a tree trunk. A strange shape could be a lair entrance or a trading table. But the arrow is clear. You would take anything.

Some minutes later, another tree and marking. Wavy lines that could be a stream, or the lair entrance. A stream is neither safety nor shelter so you stick with the lair. You pick up the pace.

Light is more dim by the minute. Your eyes scan every which way for another marker as your feet beat a relentless tempo. There! Lair, or symbol of GIANT tree if the stick figure next to it is the dragon breed you think it is. The lair arrow is much shorter than the first time you saw it. Does that mean distance? But the giant tree arrow is so short you're almost on top of it. You hesitate, then decide.

The clearing opens up to the most welcome sight you've ever seen. Sky means freedom. But before you wing out of there you take in the grass rustling in the breeze, the arc of trees on the clearing's far edge that look so picturesque now that they are no obstacle, and one majestic tree in the meadow's center like a monument.

...That's the moment when you meet the bloodline watching over the tree, and the real story begins.
xORoftk.pngUjPAw5n.png
Doodle art! As it says on the front page, Father ManaThistle is the "cup of tea or fruit juice, clear your mind and focus on HERE" of the two. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3321062/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/4taz7DC.png[/img] MSPaint Scribble by eyayah[/url][/center]
Doodle art! As it says on the front page, Father ManaThistle is the "cup of tea or fruit juice, clear your mind and focus on HERE" of the two.
xORoftk.pngUjPAw5n.png
Doodle art! As it says on the front page, Mother FelLotus is the type who thinks about the whole world and what someone's doing with their whole life... but this is her face when G2 arrive. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3321062/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/F3mi8pg.png[/img] MSPaint Scribble by eyayah[/url]
Doodle art! As it says on the front page, Mother FelLotus is the type who thinks about the whole world and what someone's doing with their whole life... but this is her face when G2 arrive.

F3mi8pg.png
MSPaint Scribble by eyayah
xORoftk.pngUjPAw5n.png
[color=brown][b]~ I want to register a Wisdom Tree lineage dragon ~[/b][/color][color=green] Name: Wisteria Owner: TempleSystem Home element: Nature Personality or clan role: TBD Clan theme overall: TBD Parent that is in the lineage: ManaThistle x FelLotus Dragon widget or link: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92998923][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/929990/92998923_350.png[/img][/url] [/color] Going thru a bit of lair reorganization right now, and lore is very much a WIP. but wanted to post here before I forgot. :) this is a wonderful project. if it's okay I'll come back at a later date to update the personality and clan theme portions. ^^ ETA: also if anyone would like to adopt one of Wisteria and Willow's babies, just let me know! I'll probably be breeding them regularly since they make such pretty little sprouts. :)
~ I want to register a Wisdom Tree lineage dragon ~
Name: Wisteria
Owner: TempleSystem
Home element: Nature
Personality or clan role: TBD
Clan theme overall: TBD

Parent that is in the lineage: ManaThistle x FelLotus
Dragon widget or link: 92998923_350.png

Going thru a bit of lair reorganization right now, and lore is very much a WIP. but wanted to post here before I forgot. :) this is a wonderful project. if it's okay I'll come back at a later date to update the personality and clan theme portions. ^^

ETA: also if anyone would like to adopt one of Wisteria and Willow's babies, just let me know! I'll probably be breeding them regularly since they make such pretty little sprouts. :)
@TempleSystem thanks for coming by; I'm honored that you did and gave the project your blessing.

No pressure about clan or individual dragon info. My own range from personality for individuals, to collective "this group is for party animals," to utter blank. One friend's is "IDK about Flight Rising lore but my clan is all Tomb Raider." It's a great site and community where anything is possible, right? ^.^

Willow is an adorable mate and yes so are their babies! LMK if you want them full-size in the Available post or get to use the pinglist when it has more subscribers, but yes please do post them here when they hatch regardless, awwwww!

(To whomever else is reading this, those sprout babies are the 4 in G2 right now)
@TempleSystem thanks for coming by; I'm honored that you did and gave the project your blessing.

No pressure about clan or individual dragon info. My own range from personality for individuals, to collective "this group is for party animals," to utter blank. One friend's is "IDK about Flight Rising lore but my clan is all Tomb Raider." It's a great site and community where anything is possible, right? ^.^

Willow is an adorable mate and yes so are their babies! LMK if you want them full-size in the Available post or get to use the pinglist when it has more subscribers, but yes please do post them here when they hatch regardless, awwwww!

(To whomever else is reading this, those sprout babies are the 4 in G2 right now)
xORoftk.pngUjPAw5n.png
Absolutely! I just really do want to write lore, but writer's block has been kicking my butt haha. But in the meantime yeah, happy to just vibe. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Feel free to add them full-size to the available post! And uncertain how important it will be for others, but I figured I'd mention -- Willow is a G1 I gened myself, so any of their babies should be able to pair up with most dragons besides the lineage. :)
Absolutely! I just really do want to write lore, but writer's block has been kicking my butt haha. But in the meantime yeah, happy to just vibe.

Feel free to add them full-size to the available post! And uncertain how important it will be for others, but I figured I'd mention -- Willow is a G1 I gened myself, so any of their babies should be able to pair up with most dragons besides the lineage. :)
@TempleSystem thanks for the info! Coming up. It's funny how "child of G1" means they're unconnected to any other dragon in the world other than parents, then siblings, then you have to watch out for the nieces and nephews that start spreading out! XD

Edit: but yeah it's still generally true!
@TempleSystem thanks for the info! Coming up. It's funny how "child of G1" means they're unconnected to any other dragon in the world other than parents, then siblings, then you have to watch out for the nieces and nephews that start spreading out! XD

Edit: but yeah it's still generally true!
xORoftk.pngUjPAw5n.png
[emoji=flowering tree size=1]
xORoftk.pngUjPAw5n.png
I wanted to make a no-stress registration example anyway, so here goes! [color=brown][b]~ I want to register a Wisdom Tree lineage dragon ~[/b][/color][color=green] Name: GraveMoss Owner: NerdMom Home element: Nature Personality or clan role: florist, comforting others with flowers during sad occasions and making joyful ones more thoughtful with token flower gifts Clan theme overall: tree-lovers but some bright blue flaunt/flair party animals and some Plague themes Parent that is in the lineage: ManaThistle x FelLotus Dragon widget or link: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94520482][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/945205/94520482_350.png[/img][/url] [/color]
I wanted to make a no-stress registration example anyway, so here goes!

~ I want to register a Wisdom Tree lineage dragon ~
Name: GraveMoss
Owner: NerdMom
Home element: Nature
Personality or clan role: florist, comforting others with flowers during sad occasions and making joyful ones more thoughtful with token flower gifts
Clan theme overall: tree-lovers but some bright blue flaunt/flair party animals and some Plague themes

Parent that is in the lineage: ManaThistle x FelLotus
Dragon widget or link: 94520482_350.png

xORoftk.pngUjPAw5n.png