Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Scales: A New Tertiary Gene
Wow been a while since I found I didn't like a new tert gene! I guess it was gonna happen eventually, regression to the mean and that, but jeez I just don't like it!

Good for everyone who does though. I'm not so much of a butt that I'd say "I DON'T LIKE THIS GENE IT SHOULD SUIT MY TASTES WHY DOESN'T IT". I'm sure it's a great gene and it's always good to see an update :3

(I guess I could brew some up and sell them? but I'm working on getting materials right now and do not care haha)
Wow been a while since I found I didn't like a new tert gene! I guess it was gonna happen eventually, regression to the mean and that, but jeez I just don't like it!

Good for everyone who does though. I'm not so much of a butt that I'd say "I DON'T LIKE THIS GENE IT SHOULD SUIT MY TASTES WHY DOESN'T IT". I'm sure it's a great gene and it's always good to see an update :3

(I guess I could brew some up and sell them? but I'm working on getting materials right now and do not care haha)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Omg, yes.
Omg, yes.

L A R K

illustrator • 0+

lore | xblive | art | hatchery
Oh... Let me start with the fact that I'm glad new ideas for genes are always coming through, it is always exciting and this gene is very cool, but I think it would look better if executed a little differently. Personally, I think the scales should fade out instead of ending in a hard line, especially on the face and legs. It just makes them look odd. These scales would also look nice if they followed the natural shape of the body, especially the facial region. The scales on the legs also seem incomplete in my eye, like they were supposed to cover the entire appendage. The gene itself look incomplete, as if there was supposed to be more two it. Personally, I'm probably going to be very picky about this gene. Though it will be fun to make bird inspired dragons. This is all of course my opinion and everyone ha their own. I also understand that a lot of hard work goes into adding things to the game and I appreciate that greatly. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=14&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=15&winggene=11&wings=97&auth=bb5396ec867fc46e15580be4a6e1c01112bb8033&dummyext=prev.png
Oh...
Let me start with the fact that I'm glad new ideas for genes are always coming through, it is always exciting and this gene is very cool, but I think it would look better if executed a little differently.

Personally, I think the scales should fade out instead of ending in a hard line, especially on the face and legs. It just makes them look odd. These scales would also look nice if they followed the natural shape of the body, especially the facial region.

The scales on the legs also seem incomplete in my eye, like they were supposed to cover the entire appendage. The gene itself look incomplete, as if there was supposed to be more two it.

Personally, I'm probably going to be very picky about this gene. Though it will be fun to make bird inspired dragons.

This is all of course my opinion and everyone ha their own. I also understand that a lot of hard work goes into adding things to the game and I appreciate that greatly.

dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=14&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=10&tertgene=15&winggene=11&wings=97&auth=bb5396ec867fc46e15580be4a6e1c01112bb8033&dummyext=prev.png
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
That's is interesting.
That's is interesting.
ew9u8Xp.png
Can't say I like the new gene. It's the face. I hate the way it makes most dragons look like they have beaks or something. Pity too, since the scales elsewhere don't look too shabby (though a bit of fade in/out might have helped with the transition spot.

Oh well, can't win 'em all, I guess.
Can't say I like the new gene. It's the face. I hate the way it makes most dragons look like they have beaks or something. Pity too, since the scales elsewhere don't look too shabby (though a bit of fade in/out might have helped with the transition spot.

Oh well, can't win 'em all, I guess.
She/Her (Pink)
Cis Woman (Blue/pink)
Asexual (Asexual flag)
Aromantic (Aromantic alt flag)
Cis Ally (Cis Ally flag)
x8bDWFu.png
3M48cU6.png
mAiCJNJ.png
aocK0Za.png
53DGnsH.png
oS7CAWi.png
BEAKS.

SKYDANCERS and WILDCLAWS with beeeeaks. :D

/brews eleventy thousand of them
BEAKS.

SKYDANCERS and WILDCLAWS with beeeeaks. :D

/brews eleventy thousand of them
TCC_04-sig.png Millennium Merchant Mafia NPeGYYg.png GFQXkBh.png
Interesting tert gene... but it does look rather odd to have such harsh edges on it.

If the scales were slowly gradiated like on actual reptiles with scalier parts than others, it would be a huge win for me. This looks... very well executed, but the design is seems lacking. They just looks like pasted on sleeves for the most part. Not sure what the idea was here in the first place.
Interesting tert gene... but it does look rather odd to have such harsh edges on it.

If the scales were slowly gradiated like on actual reptiles with scalier parts than others, it would be a huge win for me. This looks... very well executed, but the design is seems lacking. They just looks like pasted on sleeves for the most part. Not sure what the idea was here in the first place.
I just made the biggest gasp ever.
I just made the biggest gasp ever.
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
call me taro
he/him and pi/pika | fr time | art shop
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
finally a new tert!
finally a new tert!
YEEEES i need ten of these
YEEEES i need ten of these
tumblr_inline_oau8nhaSEQ1soemy4_100.png Clan Covenshroom
Leave Your Past Behind