Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Normalize eye vial names
1 2 3 4 5
Support! Eye Vial: Eyetype makes so much more sense than Vial of Adjective Sight, and would help people find the item they want. The decorative names for stuff like food items doesn't bother me, but these are things people apply to their dragons very frequently, and are an integral part of what the game IS, so I feel they should be standardized. [quote name="LastTicketHome" date="2023-04-16 15:21:18" ] massive support for both this and changing "Remove Gene" to "Primary Gene: Basic", having proper conventions and internal consistency just makes everything easier [/quote] I heard about the remove genes before I considered that some people might want to change a dragon's gene to basic. I heard about them several times, and I STILL forgot what they were called when I went to buy them for my hibden tasks. Also, Basic can really be a great gene.
Support! Eye Vial: Eyetype makes so much more sense than Vial of Adjective Sight, and would help people find the item they want. The decorative names for stuff like food items doesn't bother me, but these are things people apply to their dragons very frequently, and are an integral part of what the game IS, so I feel they should be standardized.
LastTicketHome wrote on 2023-04-16 15:21:18:
massive support for both this and changing "Remove Gene" to "Primary Gene: Basic", having proper conventions and internal consistency just makes everything easier

I heard about the remove genes before I considered that some people might want to change a dragon's gene to basic. I heard about them several times, and I STILL forgot what they were called when I went to buy them for my hibden tasks. Also, Basic can really be a great gene.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> art for wishlist items
>> free outfit designs

>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Cache
big big support. my poor memory cries when i have to look up eye vials...
big big support. my poor memory cries when i have to look up eye vials...
Galford-Adopt.png940e0e2c5dc5c6df1a1d8b859b7faf98835ef23b.png
Big support
Big support
old-oaks-3.pngX5ktZXL.png
Support. I love the vials and use them frequently, but I cannot tell you what their actual names are, only what the eye type is.
Support. I love the vials and use them frequently, but I cannot tell you what their actual names are, only what the eye type is.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
OK, so I had to buy Primal eyes for one of my dergs last week when Ice had dom and had a total brain fart because I put "Primal" in the MP and nothing was showing up and when I plugged in "Sight" I couldn't remember which was Primal. I had to check the freaking Game Database for eyes, during which time the Primal eyes sold out and of course, I wasn't lucky enough to catch them in the MP again while Ice had a dom discount.

Please, PLEASE for the love of Icewarden, I am begging staff to normalize the names. What is the point of us having dom discounts if we can't use them because things have confusing names? I am salty about this a week later. Just. Seriously.
OK, so I had to buy Primal eyes for one of my dergs last week when Ice had dom and had a total brain fart because I put "Primal" in the MP and nothing was showing up and when I plugged in "Sight" I couldn't remember which was Primal. I had to check the freaking Game Database for eyes, during which time the Primal eyes sold out and of course, I wasn't lucky enough to catch them in the MP again while Ice had a dom discount.

Please, PLEASE for the love of Icewarden, I am begging staff to normalize the names. What is the point of us having dom discounts if we can't use them because things have confusing names? I am salty about this a week later. Just. Seriously.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Major support for this!

In general I struggle with FR's apparel/item naming conventions but for some reason I feel like I've spent more time clicking through the game database to figure out specific eye vial names than any other oddly named thing. I'd probably be changing eye types more often if it were faster to search & impulse buy the vials
Major support for this!

In general I struggle with FR's apparel/item naming conventions but for some reason I feel like I've spent more time clicking through the game database to figure out specific eye vial names than any other oddly named thing. I'd probably be changing eye types more often if it were faster to search & impulse buy the vials
big support
big support
...................................HslJD2N.png
...................................JvUa9ma.png
...................................FObX7rS.png
ede56a3e20547c165fa512c47d2e5b0326aabe8a.gif
........f617b71e2b879364b6c3643b3787fa1efb80f1b3.gif
loimysO.png.
fkWjutW.png.
UU9vIu2.png
SUPPORT it is so sososososoosso SO stupid and weird that they aren't named after their actual eye types
maybe introduce a tagging system or something (kind of like gaia online) where you can search keywords to find items if changing the vial names is That big of a hassle lol
SUPPORT it is so sososososoosso SO stupid and weird that they aren't named after their actual eye types
maybe introduce a tagging system or something (kind of like gaia online) where you can search keywords to find items if changing the vial names is That big of a hassle lol
Can't remember if I've already commented support, but yes. It's really annoying trying to track down what the vials are called. I end up having to search through the database every single time.
Can't remember if I've already commented support, but yes. It's really annoying trying to track down what the vials are called. I end up having to search through the database every single time.
i would support this. i havent come across this problem yet but im sure i will at some point.
i would support this. i havent come across this problem yet but im sure i will at some point.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
1 2 3 4 5