Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | red marker on crim
1 2 3 4 5 6
support! i have adhd and the bright red option rlly helped me out
support! i have adhd and the bright red option rlly helped me out
Wing-L.pngPlague2.pngWing-R.png
I've had this problem every hour since the update and it was something I realised Immediately after they updated her. I can understand not wanting to use read but please something. Even when I'm taking my time and looking for it, I've been missing it because I can't see the contrast.
I've had this problem every hour since the update and it was something I realised Immediately after they updated her. I can understand not wanting to use read but please something. Even when I'm taking my time and looking for it, I've been missing it because I can't see the contrast.
Support. I've spent most of yesterday wondering why Crim wouldn't offer me any trades before I noticed the new button. I thought Oh Well, that's a nice change overall and I'll get used to it now that I know better.

I still miss a lot of trades, because the contrast of the button is so low, there is barely a visual difference for a clickable button vs the inactive one, even when I know to look for it.

That's why I worry that it won't be intuitive for new users, either.
Support. I've spent most of yesterday wondering why Crim wouldn't offer me any trades before I noticed the new button. I thought Oh Well, that's a nice change overall and I'll get used to it now that I know better.

I still miss a lot of trades, because the contrast of the button is so low, there is barely a visual difference for a clickable button vs the inactive one, even when I know to look for it.

That's why I worry that it won't be intuitive for new users, either.
support. first day coming back to this update and i missed like half a dozen things i could've traded in
support. first day coming back to this update and i missed like half a dozen things i could've traded in
xxxxxxxxxxxxx KHiteiV.png xx
halo | fr + 8
she / her | wl

i like anemo boys
and drawing fluff
Definitely agree it needs something - the contrast between when there is a trade and the cancel button is clearly none, and the contrast between "yes trade available" and "no trade available" is far too minimal to be quickly distinguished. I've also missed several already since it's so much less visible. It does seem like they're going for less contrast overall with the site revamping (can't think of a specific example currently but it has usually seemed to me that most shades in newer areas are some soft beige, yes?) which is not very ideal for me haha; it just seems it would make sense to have some sort of visual contrast between things, but mostly this is now only reserved for the cancel button. If they don't want to use red to maintain consistency, they could use something else! Green is a reasonable choice just from common color associations, but they could also perhaps use some sort of a pattern as was suggested somewhere here, or use a common color from Crim's art (say the purple or orange) to distinguish one of these buttons.
Definitely agree it needs something - the contrast between when there is a trade and the cancel button is clearly none, and the contrast between "yes trade available" and "no trade available" is far too minimal to be quickly distinguished. I've also missed several already since it's so much less visible. It does seem like they're going for less contrast overall with the site revamping (can't think of a specific example currently but it has usually seemed to me that most shades in newer areas are some soft beige, yes?) which is not very ideal for me haha; it just seems it would make sense to have some sort of visual contrast between things, but mostly this is now only reserved for the cancel button. If they don't want to use red to maintain consistency, they could use something else! Green is a reasonable choice just from common color associations, but they could also perhaps use some sort of a pattern as was suggested somewhere here, or use a common color from Crim's art (say the purple or orange) to distinguish one of these buttons.
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
Why not make it consistent with the rest of the site? Like gathering [img]https://i.imgur.com/VQ5NGO4.png[/img] Or the buttons on dragon pages [img]https://i.imgur.com/sqTlMJH.png[/img] It's very clear whether you can use the function, and it has the added bonus of people already being used to it.
Why not make it consistent with the rest of the site?

Like gathering
VQ5NGO4.png

Or the buttons on dragon pages
sqTlMJH.png

It's very clear whether you can use the function, and it has the added bonus of people already being used to it.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
I agree, its so not obvious and me and a few friends have been clicking off cause we're used to the old button system.

Would love an update that makes it more obvious when crim is offering a trade please!
I agree, its so not obvious and me and a few friends have been clicking off cause we're used to the old button system.

Would love an update that makes it more obvious when crim is offering a trade please!
My eyes are definitely sliding off the new "has a trade" button, several times now. Perhaps give them both a *much darker* border?
My eyes are definitely sliding off the new "has a trade" button, several times now. Perhaps give them both a *much darker* border?
[quote name="DeepflowManah" date="2022-03-11 03:42:26" ] Why not make it consistent with the rest of the site? Like gathering [img]https://i.imgur.com/VQ5NGO4.png[/img] Or the buttons on dragon pages [img]https://i.imgur.com/sqTlMJH.png[/img] It's very clear whether you can use the function, and it has the added bonus of people already being used to it. [/quote] Oooh, I like this. I think this would probably take a little getting used to but would be [i]much[/i] better and more clear than it is currently, plus consistent with the rest of the site (which as I understand it is why the red was removed in the first place).
DeepflowManah wrote on 2022-03-11 03:42:26:
Why not make it consistent with the rest of the site?

Like gathering
VQ5NGO4.png

Or the buttons on dragon pages
sqTlMJH.png

It's very clear whether you can use the function, and it has the added bonus of people already being used to it.

Oooh, I like this. I think this would probably take a little getting used to but would be much better and more clear than it is currently, plus consistent with the rest of the site (which as I understand it is why the red was removed in the first place).
PLEASE I just missed a good Crim trade because I couldn't tell it was a viable trade option. The buttons are way too similar now.
PLEASE I just missed a good Crim trade because I couldn't tell it was a viable trade option. The buttons are way too similar now.
J7D1quC.png mtHAEL4.png
WEa1cyF.png RDt6LqI.png
G8AyR6r.png o1H8UmF.png
1 2 3 4 5 6