Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon's Academy of Magic Reboot (OOC)
Also, I'm gonna choose number 3 for her look))
Also, I'm gonna choose number 3 for her look))
tumblr_pdm59is9Bg1xw6zsuo1_500.gif
Thx!
Thx!
tumblr_pdm59is9Bg1xw6zsuo1_500.gif
Is this still open and active? If so, I'd love to join
Is this still open and active? If so, I'd love to join
@FrostedPetalFox Oh was I supposed to @ you?
...in hindsight that's kinda obvious. Wow, I'm really out of it today
@FrostedPetalFox Oh was I supposed to @ you?
...in hindsight that's kinda obvious. Wow, I'm really out of it today
@Kirlian Haha it's okay it really be like that sometimes.

@NavyDrago Did you activate the vista first in your hoard? You'll need to do that first and then go to account settings and change your vista there.
@Kirlian Haha it's okay it really be like that sometimes.

@NavyDrago Did you activate the vista first in your hoard? You'll need to do that first and then go to account settings and change your vista there.
2I8iN.gif
> Ray / Raynix
> 2+ FR time
> she / her
> Wishlist
@RaynixAura you seem like you know what's going on, can I ask you about the magic system & other stuff?
@RaynixAura you seem like you know what's going on, can I ask you about the magic system & other stuff?
Alright I wanted to wait until someone told me about whether or not there was a magic system and if so, what the basic rules were for it, but I ended up getting so inspired before I got an answer that I ended up writing my first ever full dragon bio!!!!!!!! I could probly add more on to it but im just happy it's longer than like two sentences because I've been having no inspiration for my dragons for so long!!! And now look at this!!!! That's more than what I usually write in creative writing class!!!!!! I'm so exited!!!!!!!!!!!!! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58920240] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/589203/58920240_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote][center][b]Aeranz has always been fascinated with magic, but not in the way most other dragons seem to be. They have constantly puzzled over how magics interact with each other and the physical world. They study the theories of magic, and aspire to gain a true understanding of the greater scope of the energies that empower the mystical arts.[/b] When not studying or testing experiments, the magic Aeranz most frequently uses are enchantments, wards, and elemental spells. In particular, they enjoy animating objects and fire and lightning based forms of magic. This is partly because of their theory pertaining to the manifestation and manipulation of plasma in the form of elemental energy, which you should never ask them about because they'll never stop talking if you do. They enjoy talking with other people about their theories and findings, and tend to get excited over dragons that use a unique form of magic. They may have enthusiasm and intelligence in spades, but even the best of dragons are occasionally known to make... mistakes. The highlights of theirs would be: •The time they somehow turned a tree in the Starwood Strand into a very pretty tree-shaped giant crystal •The time they got into an argument on the difference between dark magic and umbrakenisis[find spelling] •The time they got into an argument with a self-proclaimed "disciple of the Lightweaver" on weather or not dark magic and umbrakenisis should be a legal and studiable form of magic (which was a pointless and infuriating conversation, [i]and umbrakenisis isn't even a form of magic that can be learned! It's a natural born talent you idiotic-[/i]) •The exploding of multiple things that shouldn't be explodable •And finally, the time they accidentally dyed their best friend's familiar neon green, something they still feel a bit guilty (and confused) about, even if they did fix it The point being, even though Aeranz is usually a thoughtful and intelligent dragon... they, like most their age, suffer from the occasional deficiency of common sense. Aeranz is very passionate about their studies, but is more laid back about most other things. They are a bit anxious about how their enthusiasm for magic appears to other people, but when they meet someone they find agreeable, they make friends easily. Aeranz doesn't usually stay in one place, but they can usually be found in some part of the Starwood Strand. Seeing as their experiments are only [i]slightly[/i] less noisy than an alchemist testing a new brew, the quickest way to find them is often just to follow the explosions. [/center][/quote]
Alright I wanted to wait until someone told me about whether or not there was a magic system and if so, what the basic rules were for it, but I ended up getting so inspired before I got an answer that I ended up writing my first ever full dragon bio!!!!!!!! I could probly add more on to it but im just happy it's longer than like two sentences because I've been having no inspiration for my dragons for so long!!! And now look at this!!!! That's more than what I usually write in creative writing class!!!!!! I'm so exited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58920240_350.png
Quote:
Aeranz has always been fascinated with magic, but not in the way most other dragons seem to be. They have constantly puzzled over how magics interact with each other and the physical world. They study the theories of magic, and aspire to gain a true understanding of the greater scope of the energies that empower the mystical arts.

When not studying or testing experiments, the magic Aeranz most frequently uses are enchantments, wards, and elemental spells. In particular, they enjoy animating objects and fire and lightning based forms of magic. This is partly because of their theory pertaining to the manifestation and manipulation of plasma in the form of elemental energy, which you should never ask them about because they'll never stop talking if you do. They enjoy talking with other people about their theories and findings, and tend to get excited over dragons that use a unique form of magic.

They may have enthusiasm and intelligence in spades, but even the best of dragons are occasionally known to make... mistakes. The highlights of theirs would be:

•The time they somehow turned a tree in the Starwood Strand into a very pretty tree-shaped giant crystal
•The time they got into an argument on the difference between dark magic and umbrakenisis[find spelling]
•The time they got into an argument with a self-proclaimed "disciple of the Lightweaver" on weather or not dark magic and umbrakenisis should be a legal and studiable form of magic (which was a pointless and infuriating conversation, and umbrakenisis isn't even a form of magic that can be learned! It's a natural born talent you idiotic-)
•The exploding of multiple things that shouldn't be explodable
•And finally, the time they accidentally dyed their best friend's familiar neon green, something they still feel a bit guilty (and confused) about, even if they did fix it

The point being, even though Aeranz is usually a thoughtful and intelligent dragon... they, like most their age, suffer from the occasional deficiency of common sense.

Aeranz is very passionate about their studies, but is more laid back about most other things. They are a bit anxious about how their enthusiasm for magic appears to other people, but when they meet someone they find agreeable, they make friends easily.

Aeranz doesn't usually stay in one place, but they can usually be found in some part of the Starwood Strand. Seeing as their experiments are only slightly less noisy than an alchemist testing a new brew, the quickest way to find them is often just to follow the explosions.
Now I've just gotta put this into a form, though I think I want to catch up on what's happened in the rp before I do that
Now I've just gotta put this into a form, though I think I want to catch up on what's happened in the rp before I do that
I would like to join if possible. Name: Jack Gender: Male Sexual Orientation: Bisexual Breed: Pearlcatcher Age: 16 Role: Student Dorm: 4 Magic: The ability to create things out of ice, some of them somewhat functional. For example; should he create a music box some of the gears will be able to turn, but it won't function as it should. Whenever he uses this magic a dark frosty mist pours out of his mouth though everyone in his clan says it looks like shadows are spilling out of him. Background: Abandoned shortly after being hatched, Jack was taken in by a sweet Shadow clan Guardian dragon. She and her mate raised him as more and more dragons joined their small clan. Dragomir treated him and all of his brothers and sisters as though they were all her own hatching even though most of them were adopted or joined them randomly. Once he was old enough, Deathmourner and Delmirev began teaching him magic. They were quite surprised by his aptitude to create small trinkets out of ice, though they were more than surprised to see the black mist pouring out of his mouth when he did it. He is quite shy when around dragons not of his clan, but he is really friendly once he know you. He occasionally leaves a small ice trinket in the homes of those he comes to like. He has a bad habit of creating small ice rocks or coins when he is stressed out, and this has cause more than a few horrified guests and plenty of stories for his family to tell. The three lanterns that follow him everywhere were a gift from Dragomir, Delmirev, and Deathmourner so he would have a piece of them while at the academy. Ref/Picture: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27462572] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/274626/27462572_350.png[/img] [/url]
I would like to join if possible.

Name: Jack
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Breed: Pearlcatcher
Role: Student
Dorm: 4
Magic: The ability to create things out of ice, some of them somewhat functional. For example; should he create a music box some of the gears will be able to turn, but it won't function as it should. Whenever he uses this magic a dark frosty mist pours out of his mouth though everyone in his clan says it looks like shadows are spilling out of him.

Background: Abandoned shortly after being hatched, Jack was taken in by a sweet Shadow clan Guardian dragon. She and her mate raised him as more and more dragons joined their small clan. Dragomir treated him and all of his brothers and sisters as though they were all her own hatching even though most of them were adopted or joined them randomly. Once he was old enough, Deathmourner and Delmirev began teaching him magic. They were quite surprised by his aptitude to create small trinkets out of ice, though they were more than surprised to see the black mist pouring out of his mouth when he did it.

He is quite shy when around dragons not of his clan, but he is really friendly once he know you. He occasionally leaves a small ice trinket in the homes of those he comes to like. He has a bad habit of creating small ice rocks or coins when he is stressed out, and this has cause more than a few horrified guests and plenty of stories for his family to tell.

The three lanterns that follow him everywhere were a gift from Dragomir, Delmirev, and Deathmourner so he would have a piece of them while at the academy.
Ref/Picture:
27462572_350.png
Mmay take a bit longer to get to my form than intended, school kinda messed me up
Mmay take a bit longer to get to my form than intended, school kinda messed me up