Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Getting ads while adblocker is enabled?
Howdy —
I'm not sure if this would be better off in the advertizing report thread (though the ads aren't innapropriate as far as I'm aware, not right now anyways), or if the issue is even coming from Flight Rising itself, but today I've noticed I'm getting ads on the sidebar (but NOT on the bottom of the website that I'm aware of) despite having an adblocker enabled. As far as I'm aware, when the adblocker is enabled, it automatically blocks all ads across almost all sites, there's no specific toggle to turn ads on or off for specific sites (on IOS, so it's located in the device settings as a content blocker that can be turned on or off whenever. The adblocker is downloaded as an app, and from there has a tutorial that shows you where in settings it is located.)

However I am getting ads on the sidebar here. It takes several seconds for them to load in, and I have to have the entire ad bar visible on the screen for it to load in. As far as I'm aware, this started today. I did get ads on one other site earlier, but didn't think much about it until now. Otherwise, all other ads seem to be blocked on other sites and the bottom of Flight Rising pages.

I was just curious to know if this is an issue stemming from FR's side — if not, I'd assume possibly an issue with my adblocker itself? Apologies if this is not considered a bug or not considered to be related to FR in the meantime, I just figured I would ask to see if there were any known answers as to whether or not seeing the ads is some kind of bug from FR itself or not! ^^
Howdy —
I'm not sure if this would be better off in the advertizing report thread (though the ads aren't innapropriate as far as I'm aware, not right now anyways), or if the issue is even coming from Flight Rising itself, but today I've noticed I'm getting ads on the sidebar (but NOT on the bottom of the website that I'm aware of) despite having an adblocker enabled. As far as I'm aware, when the adblocker is enabled, it automatically blocks all ads across almost all sites, there's no specific toggle to turn ads on or off for specific sites (on IOS, so it's located in the device settings as a content blocker that can be turned on or off whenever. The adblocker is downloaded as an app, and from there has a tutorial that shows you where in settings it is located.)

However I am getting ads on the sidebar here. It takes several seconds for them to load in, and I have to have the entire ad bar visible on the screen for it to load in. As far as I'm aware, this started today. I did get ads on one other site earlier, but didn't think much about it until now. Otherwise, all other ads seem to be blocked on other sites and the bottom of Flight Rising pages.

I was just curious to know if this is an issue stemming from FR's side — if not, I'd assume possibly an issue with my adblocker itself? Apologies if this is not considered a bug or not considered to be related to FR in the meantime, I just figured I would ask to see if there were any known answers as to whether or not seeing the ads is some kind of bug from FR itself or not! ^^
T3TuubO.png
@hamkid
this is probably an issue related to your adblocker. some adblockers will let specific advertisers through, and I think that is the case for all adblockers that are available on iOS (though I'm not entirely sure as I don't use any iOS devices myself).
@hamkid
this is probably an issue related to your adblocker. some adblockers will let specific advertisers through, and I think that is the case for all adblockers that are available on iOS (though I'm not entirely sure as I don't use any iOS devices myself).
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
@hamkid

I’m getting them too. Something about Valentine’s Day. I cleared my cache, and browser history, which seemed to make them go away for awhile. But now it’s back. It is weird. And it makes me a little nervous. Thought it was just me, but I’m glad to see I’m not alone.
@hamkid

I’m getting them too. Something about Valentine’s Day. I cleared my cache, and browser history, which seemed to make them go away for awhile. But now it’s back. It is weird. And it makes me a little nervous. Thought it was just me, but I’m glad to see I’m not alone.
6wR17En.png