Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Earth scene] Mysterious fourth statue
1 2
During the 2020/2021 festival cycle we got a set of scenes depicting various domains and one of them is called [gamedb item=36759]. I still remember people discussing about broken statue, when back it’s release time there were only three ancient breeds (Gaoler, Banescale and Veilspun) available. I even thought that it might be Earth’s own ancient, but it turns out that their paws doesn’t match at all. [emoji=tundra confused size=2] Here’s the full picture itself: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/scene/36759.png[/img]
During the 2020/2021 festival cycle we got a set of scenes depicting various domains and one of them is called Scene: Earthshaker's Domain.

I still remember people discussing about broken statue, when back it’s release time there were only three ancient breeds (Gaoler, Banescale and Veilspun) available.

I even thought that it might be Earth’s own ancient, but it turns out that their paws doesn’t match at all.

Here’s the full picture itself:

36759.png
My username is MariLiLL | She/Her | FR +10
DLrWmez.png
Holy Mother of God. You're right. It's not the Dusthides. So who could it be?
Holy Mother of God. You're right. It's not the Dusthides. So who could it be?
ZPHN6ju.png
Maybe it was an ancient that hadn’t been released yet that’s released now?
Maybe it was an ancient that hadn’t been released yet that’s released now?
I don’t know what to put here
I think that the artist was instructed to (pun not intended) wing it, and they just put down a foot and a neck. If anything, it looks a might similar to bogsneaks, 'least in my opinion.
I think that the artist was instructed to (pun not intended) wing it, and they just put down a foot and a neck. If anything, it looks a might similar to bogsneaks, 'least in my opinion.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
I always thought it looked like a flipped male bogsneak based off the leg pose. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=106&bodygene=0&breed=14&element=3&eyetype=16&gender=0&tert=81&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=94&auth=20f3721e16fd26700d74134cea4eef7cb5c53839&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I always thought it looked like a flipped male bogsneak based off the leg pose.
dragon?age=1&body=106&bodygene=0&breed=14&element=3&eyetype=16&gender=0&tert=81&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=94&auth=20f3721e16fd26700d74134cea4eef7cb5c53839&dummyext=prev.png
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
I had a thought it was forshadowing not an ancient, but the release of Earth's modern dragon. The obelisks released shortly after during the 2021 anniversary. [item=dormant obelisk statue] Unless it's going to forshadow Wind/Light's ancient, time will tell!
I had a thought it was forshadowing not an ancient, but the release of Earth's modern dragon. The obelisks released shortly after during the 2021 anniversary.
Dormant Obelisk Statue

Unless it's going to forshadow Wind/Light's ancient, time will tell!
7N4NLsD.png
AtXvu0n.gif
While I don't think it was intended to be anything, you could certainly interpret it as a sandsurge. The crystal there could represent whatever sandsurges have going on with their necks.
While I don't think it was intended to be anything, you could certainly interpret it as a sandsurge. The crystal there could represent whatever sandsurges have going on with their necks.
ZincAlloy.gif
I always assumed it was the obelisks, who hadn't been released at the time.
I always assumed it was the obelisks, who hadn't been released at the time.
xulc4O8.png
I could have sworn that the scene came out without the veilspun and then it got added in with the breed releasing, but looking up announcements it looks like veils came out a short time before that rockbreaker's. I've not got a clue how I got that idea then but there goes my thought that the fourth statue would get repaired along with an ancient release!

Considering the time between then and now I'm gonna say that's not intended to actually hint to something and won't connect to anything. Don't put too much thought into it, like how old pokemon games have mystery statues in the gyms that don't actually look like any existing mon but that's not meant to be leading to anything. It's just filling a space with some detail so it's not blank and empty
I could have sworn that the scene came out without the veilspun and then it got added in with the breed releasing, but looking up announcements it looks like veils came out a short time before that rockbreaker's. I've not got a clue how I got that idea then but there goes my thought that the fourth statue would get repaired along with an ancient release!

Considering the time between then and now I'm gonna say that's not intended to actually hint to something and won't connect to anything. Don't put too much thought into it, like how old pokemon games have mystery statues in the gyms that don't actually look like any existing mon but that's not meant to be leading to anything. It's just filling a space with some detail so it's not blank and empty
f0fd1aee68aedd2d14eb6a05d800ce8f9c4688cc.png
[quote name="EnchantedLantern" date="2024-04-24 16:09:47" ] Considering the time between then and now I'm gonna say that's not intended to actually hint to something and won't connect to anything. Don't put too much thought into it, like how old pokemon games have mystery statues in the gyms that don't actually look like any existing mon but that's not meant to be leading to anything. It's just filling a space with some detail so it's not blank and empty [/quote] Yeah it was quite literally released four entire years ago, I doubt Dusthides even existed in art form until maybe a year ago. You could make the theory that it was based loosely on Obelisks imo, but I think if it was supposed to be based on an existing breed then they'd have made it more immediately obvious so that most users would be more readily able to get the easter egg. Chances are, it was just a very generic shape included to fill space, and at most be a fun mysterious detail hinting at the fact more Ancients have been known to the greater world for a long time and may still exist out there somewhere.
EnchantedLantern wrote on 2024-04-24 16:09:47:

Yeah it was quite literally released four entire years ago, I doubt Dusthides even existed in art form until maybe a year ago. You could make the theory that it was based loosely on Obelisks imo, but I think if it was supposed to be based on an existing breed then they'd have made it more immediately obvious so that most users would be more readily able to get the easter egg.
Chances are, it was just a very generic shape included to fill space, and at most be a fun mysterious detail hinting at the fact more Ancients have been known to the greater world for a long time and may still exist out there somewhere.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2