Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Eternally unsatisfied w/ my ACNH island
I am a very indecisive person by nature, and I'm always constantly tempted to delete my save file or just outright end up deleting it and starting over lol Thankfully restarting is much less of an issue because my friend gave me lots of amiibo cards, so I can eventually kick out any undesirable villagers I get from the tutorial, but... man, is it hard to figure out what I wanna do with my island and actually stick with it [emoji=aether deadpan size=1] [size=1](By the way, Nintendo, if you ever make another Animal Crossing game, please give us the option to change our player and town/island name whenever we want. I think that's the main reason why I'm always resetting rip)[/size] Does anyone else feel the same? Or are there any recommendations on what I should do with my island? I feel like I may end up resetting yet again after doing a bit more wandering through dream islands, so I'm up for almost any suggestion (just not any nature-y/cottagecore themes. sorry, but I think they've been done to death already)
I am a very indecisive person by nature, and I'm always constantly tempted to delete my save file or just outright end up deleting it and starting over lol

Thankfully restarting is much less of an issue because my friend gave me lots of amiibo cards, so I can eventually kick out any undesirable villagers I get from the tutorial, but... man, is it hard to figure out what I wanna do with my island and actually stick with it
(By the way, Nintendo, if you ever make another Animal Crossing game, please give us the option to change our player and town/island name whenever we want. I think that's the main reason why I'm always resetting rip)

Does anyone else feel the same? Or are there any recommendations on what I should do with my island? I feel like I may end up resetting yet again after doing a bit more wandering through dream islands, so I'm up for almost any suggestion (just not any nature-y/cottagecore themes. sorry, but I think they've been done to death already)
9s8wmF5.png z6OgJbN.png
iuEBSJ3.png
OETsgJU.png
Pgv53XB.png
2VtxnMX.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
cdqdRxL.png
ll0CfnD.png
3M48cU6.png
image.png
oNrZjs5.png
8GgdVkW.png
image.png
PQqYbln.png
gP8rZcU.png Note for forum games: I have dragons in both my main den and hibernal den!
I definitely felt like this, and constantly wondered if I should restart, but never did because my island was created on launch day and I was super proud of how I'd grown it up over the years.

Unfortunately, Nintendo doesn't make it super clear that when you transfer data from one Switch to another, your Animal Crossing island needs to be transferred separately, and that cost me my island.

I also agree on the naturey themes, but at the same time I LOVE the mushroom items, so my island had a kind of compromise. The left half was a lovely picturesque little town, and the right half was ruins of 'what had once been', deliberately designed to be overgrown and covered in detritus. (I used clear/clover/rock patterns to keep flowers and weeds from spreading beyond where I wanted them).

In other cool things I've seen people do, I've seen desert islands, villager zoos (where the houses are placed inside "zoo exhibits"), island map art (similar to minecraft map art), primarily water islands, and ones meant to look like floating platforms above a void using custom designs. Also, special interest themed islands are always super cool.

Also, a silly recommendation, if you have a wet floor sign, always put one on a one tile piece of ground in the middle of your river, regardless of theme. It just feels right, at least to me!
I definitely felt like this, and constantly wondered if I should restart, but never did because my island was created on launch day and I was super proud of how I'd grown it up over the years.

Unfortunately, Nintendo doesn't make it super clear that when you transfer data from one Switch to another, your Animal Crossing island needs to be transferred separately, and that cost me my island.

I also agree on the naturey themes, but at the same time I LOVE the mushroom items, so my island had a kind of compromise. The left half was a lovely picturesque little town, and the right half was ruins of 'what had once been', deliberately designed to be overgrown and covered in detritus. (I used clear/clover/rock patterns to keep flowers and weeds from spreading beyond where I wanted them).

In other cool things I've seen people do, I've seen desert islands, villager zoos (where the houses are placed inside "zoo exhibits"), island map art (similar to minecraft map art), primarily water islands, and ones meant to look like floating platforms above a void using custom designs. Also, special interest themed islands are always super cool.

Also, a silly recommendation, if you have a wet floor sign, always put one on a one tile piece of ground in the middle of your river, regardless of theme. It just feels right, at least to me!
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
I'm at the point where I log on to do my dailies mostly, clean up weeds, check the shops, etc. I have over 33 million bells, so I'm not suffering for cash, though I keep piling it on like some sort of dragon with its hoard.

As far as island satisfaction goes, I still have so much empty space to do stuff with, but I'm not near as creative with that as most people are. (Heck, most of my island has strategically-placed flowers to take up that space for lack of anything better. And, walking paths so no one gets lost exploring.) And, as far as islanders go, I am one cat short of a full feline island. I've been trying to naturally acquire the tenth cat, but I'm tempted to just get a card and ease my four-year journey.

Despite all this, I would cry real tears from my human eyeballs if I ever lost my data or had to start over for some reason.

I wish I had ideas to share. Instead, I turned it into a mini rant. Sorry about that.
I'm at the point where I log on to do my dailies mostly, clean up weeds, check the shops, etc. I have over 33 million bells, so I'm not suffering for cash, though I keep piling it on like some sort of dragon with its hoard.

As far as island satisfaction goes, I still have so much empty space to do stuff with, but I'm not near as creative with that as most people are. (Heck, most of my island has strategically-placed flowers to take up that space for lack of anything better. And, walking paths so no one gets lost exploring.) And, as far as islanders go, I am one cat short of a full feline island. I've been trying to naturally acquire the tenth cat, but I'm tempted to just get a card and ease my four-year journey.

Despite all this, I would cry real tears from my human eyeballs if I ever lost my data or had to start over for some reason.

I wish I had ideas to share. Instead, I turned it into a mini rant. Sorry about that.
9iqeDz7.png
I understand able being indecisive in animal crossing. But I also just can’t ever seem to make anything on my island look good I don’t have the knack for it lol.

But I would say if you are happy enough with the name of your island and character that maybe you should not reset because for me it would be a pain to get back all the items.

As far as themes/ideas I’ve seen some Dream addresses that do a city theme and manage to pull it off. It’s cool when people use facades to make the villager houses look like apartment buildings/condos. I am really hoping the next animal crossing game is not an island I miss the city from new leaf lol.
I understand able being indecisive in animal crossing. But I also just can’t ever seem to make anything on my island look good I don’t have the knack for it lol.

But I would say if you are happy enough with the name of your island and character that maybe you should not reset because for me it would be a pain to get back all the items.

As far as themes/ideas I’ve seen some Dream addresses that do a city theme and manage to pull it off. It’s cool when people use facades to make the villager houses look like apartment buildings/condos. I am really hoping the next animal crossing game is not an island I miss the city from new leaf lol.
ePOliyb.png
eswSnrS.png
EE2umbT.png
4SVfFPD.png
8GgdVkW.png
DaRKClX.png
I relate. I wished for more permanent features to ease my indecisiveness, like the rock tide pools on the beach randomly generating that way. I've been so close to restarting. But I have all my dream villagers...and I don't think bells or anything carry over either. Made most everything on a cliff and some other hard to remove stuff but you know what, I might go in and do a sweep. Make it more simple.
I relate. I wished for more permanent features to ease my indecisiveness, like the rock tide pools on the beach randomly generating that way. I've been so close to restarting. But I have all my dream villagers...and I don't think bells or anything carry over either. Made most everything on a cliff and some other hard to remove stuff but you know what, I might go in and do a sweep. Make it more simple.
LEpJMnn.pngiRvAqwy.png Z4EXqHV.png
Lol I still haven't finished my island after owning the game for four years. I think the tedium of the game makes it difficult for me

I did enjoy the DLC however since it gets rid of the annoying craft and terraforming mechanics
Lol I still haven't finished my island after owning the game for four years. I think the tedium of the game makes it difficult for me

I did enjoy the DLC however since it gets rid of the annoying craft and terraforming mechanics
Ooh I feel this, I'm also really indecisive about my island! It's technically "finished" but I find myself going back over the same areas over and over again because it's not perfect yet lol

I don't think I'd ever restart though just because of the sheer amount of work and decorating and BELLS it took to get this far (my island lags in some areas bc there's just so much decoration to load lol), but I really, really wish Nintendo made it so we could have more than one island per switch..... I really don't want to buy a whole new game system just for a fresh start.

My island's theme is loosely lovecore! Half of it is actually more sanrio themed but that's okay ^^;;
Ooh I feel this, I'm also really indecisive about my island! It's technically "finished" but I find myself going back over the same areas over and over again because it's not perfect yet lol

I don't think I'd ever restart though just because of the sheer amount of work and decorating and BELLS it took to get this far (my island lags in some areas bc there's just so much decoration to load lol), but I really, really wish Nintendo made it so we could have more than one island per switch..... I really don't want to buy a whole new game system just for a fresh start.

My island's theme is loosely lovecore! Half of it is actually more sanrio themed but that's okay ^^;;
IrnZsaV.gif

Frey
any pronouns
FR +3
adopt shop!
GWY9GKa.png