Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Additional Tags for Hoard items
I love the star function, and I love the lock function, I just wish there was 2-3 more 'tags' that could help you manage your inventory. There is an array of reasons why you might want to mark an item in your hoard as important, but you may not always be able to remember why you gave it a star or locked it. Adding a few more different tags could just be a really neat quality of life function. Users could make their own little categorisation system based on need and play style. It should work just like the star where the item gets a little icon in the corner, a different coloured outline and its own little tab. Examples of why I mark items with a star: - I have completed the hibden task for that item - Similarly, it is used in a Swip trade that I already have or don't want - The item is used in a Grand Exchange swap that isn't currently active (and is therefore not tagged as a grand exchange item) (I am looking at you Zephyr Sparrow, Greyback Sparrow, and the NoTN food/trinkets) - I collect that item just for fun - It is a rare item that I want to be able to find easily - I want to use that gene for a project but am still saving up for the other slots Needless to say, I use the star function a lot, and I am certain there are other users who use it in similar or different ways. It would just be really helpful to be able to mark (and search) for items that you have categorised with different tags. Examples of additional marks/tags - A heart ♥ - A checkmark ? - An X ? - A little pouch/bag [emoji=money bag size=1] (could be used to mark items you want to sell) - Exclamation ? - A moon - Some arrows ???? (maybe indicating trading) - Just a few colours Benefits are - Users manage their own systems depending on their play style - Easy search for types of items that don't necessarily share a name - Users don't have to use it if they don't want to - Lets users check off hibden items in an easy way - The system is already in place, would most likely only need to be expanded and adding a handful of assets Thank you for listening (also this is my first suggestion, please be nice)
I love the star function, and I love the lock function, I just wish there was 2-3 more 'tags' that could help you manage your inventory.

There is an array of reasons why you might want to mark an item in your hoard as important, but you may not always be able to remember why you gave it a star or locked it. Adding a few more different tags could just be a really neat quality of life function. Users could make their own little categorisation system based on need and play style. It should work just like the star where the item gets a little icon in the corner, a different coloured outline and its own little tab.

Examples of why I mark items with a star:
- I have completed the hibden task for that item
- Similarly, it is used in a Swip trade that I already have or don't want
- The item is used in a Grand Exchange swap that isn't currently active (and is therefore not tagged as a grand exchange item) (I am looking at you Zephyr Sparrow, Greyback Sparrow, and the NoTN food/trinkets)
- I collect that item just for fun
- It is a rare item that I want to be able to find easily
- I want to use that gene for a project but am still saving up for the other slots

Needless to say, I use the star function a lot, and I am certain there are other users who use it in similar or different ways. It would just be really helpful to be able to mark (and search) for items that you have categorised with different tags.

Examples of additional marks/tags
- A heart ♥
- A checkmark ?
- An X ?
- A little pouch/bag (could be used to mark items you want to sell)
- Exclamation ?
- A moon
- Some arrows ???? (maybe indicating trading)
- Just a few colours

Benefits are
- Users manage their own systems depending on their play style
- Easy search for types of items that don't necessarily share a name
- Users don't have to use it if they don't want to
- Lets users check off hibden items in an easy way
- The system is already in place, would most likely only need to be expanded and adding a handful of assets

Thank you for listening (also this is my first suggestion, please be nice)
Full support! I keep wishing I could organize things in more ways because only two options don't help when there's so many things I might want to do with an item.
Full support! I keep wishing I could organize things in more ways because only two options don't help when there's so many things I might want to do with an item.
I think this would also be super useful for people who run raffles or dom banks and other functions that require keeping items separate from a personal hoard. I've been hesitant to step up to assist with thing like this for dom just because the idea of having to keep a reference spreadsheet for my own hoard and vault is overwhelming.

It would be nice to, for example, put any of the tags described above on items and then lock them so I know I'm saving them for future raffle prizes, and distinguish those locked items from other locked items that I'm saving for hibden tasks or swipp trades.
I think this would also be super useful for people who run raffles or dom banks and other functions that require keeping items separate from a personal hoard. I've been hesitant to step up to assist with thing like this for dom just because the idea of having to keep a reference spreadsheet for my own hoard and vault is overwhelming.

It would be nice to, for example, put any of the tags described above on items and then lock them so I know I'm saving them for future raffle prizes, and distinguish those locked items from other locked items that I'm saving for hibden tasks or swipp trades.
banner_emberwrath_90px.png