Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | English speaking anime help
I'm having trouble finding english only anime I bought some Naruto blu-ray DVDs a few days ago I haven't watched it since it was on Cartoon Network I believe it was on that channel I'm unsure since its been so long off of Amazon it said english by what I read by the seller but it's in english AND japanese I don't understand japapese and subtitals are very distracting to me I can't return them I contacted the seller on amazon but they where very rude and snobby saying no refunds now I'm stuck with a DVD set I can't return I'm looking for some place where I can watch english speaking anime without putting in a credit card or sign up for things like crunchyroll or however you spell it can someone please recommend a free streaming place that won't have ads or give me a virus if I'm watching on my computer?
I'm having trouble finding english only anime I bought some Naruto blu-ray DVDs a few days ago I haven't watched it since it was on Cartoon Network I believe it was on that channel I'm unsure since its been so long off of Amazon it said english by what I read by the seller but it's in english AND japanese I don't understand japapese and subtitals are very distracting to me I can't return them I contacted the seller on amazon but they where very rude and snobby saying no refunds now I'm stuck with a DVD set I can't return I'm looking for some place where I can watch english speaking anime without putting in a credit card or sign up for things like crunchyroll or however you spell it can someone please recommend a free streaming place that won't have ads or give me a virus if I'm watching on my computer?
rsz-rsz-1hatchery.png rsz-brewing.png art-shop-2.png B7aT9QH.png flB6EWm.png
do the dvds not have an option for an english dubbed version in the settings? typically dvds have that.
do the dvds not have an option for an english dubbed version in the settings? typically dvds have that.
96px-Zexion%27s_Replica_Data_KHIIFM.png 4DvBsZc.png
Lucky
HxcMlGn.png
JrEJc4j.png
uPNWHgD.png
EHXIkb0.png
LDVtWi8.png j9JVcKh.png
I second the above. If it's an official DVD, it should have language settings, including settings for subtitles. [quote name="Snivy14" date="2024-01-04 09:16:11" ] can someone please recommend a free streaming place that won't have ads or give me a virus if I'm watching on my computer? [/quote] Free. Ad-free. Virus-free. Pick two. What you want doesn't exist.
I second the above. If it's an official DVD, it should have language settings, including settings for subtitles.

Snivy14 wrote on 2024-01-04 09:16:11:
can someone please recommend a free streaming place that won't have ads or give me a virus if I'm watching on my computer?
Free. Ad-free. Virus-free. Pick two. What you want doesn't exist.
there are no anime streaming sites that have zero ads without you paying for the premium service. download an adblocker for your browser and honestly you're pretty good to go. the 100% free sites i don't believe anyone can publicly recommend here as they are technically pirate sites. but like, use an adblocker and try a legal site like crunchyroll, it's completely free
there are no anime streaming sites that have zero ads without you paying for the premium service. download an adblocker for your browser and honestly you're pretty good to go. the 100% free sites i don't believe anyone can publicly recommend here as they are technically pirate sites. but like, use an adblocker and try a legal site like crunchyroll, it's completely free
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
@LouckyKoneko

Nope, I watched set one it switched from japanese episodes to english episodes which threw me off and the subtitles where distracting and all I did was read and try to watch the show.

@Xionahri

I want ad free and virus free last time I watched anime on my computer it gave me a bad virus.

@Kuroikumo

I tried crunchyroll I need to have a card to watch some episodes I'm not paying for something like that.

If worse comes to worse I'll just sell the DVDs in a garage sale.
@LouckyKoneko

Nope, I watched set one it switched from japanese episodes to english episodes which threw me off and the subtitles where distracting and all I did was read and try to watch the show.

@Xionahri

I want ad free and virus free last time I watched anime on my computer it gave me a bad virus.

@Kuroikumo

I tried crunchyroll I need to have a card to watch some episodes I'm not paying for something like that.

If worse comes to worse I'll just sell the DVDs in a garage sale.
rsz-rsz-1hatchery.png rsz-brewing.png art-shop-2.png B7aT9QH.png flB6EWm.png
@snivy14

Alright, I can work with that. Try Netflix. It has a bunch of good anime, including Naruto. (Disclaimer: I can only speak for European Netflix. No idea what it looks like in other regions.)
@snivy14

Alright, I can work with that. Try Netflix. It has a bunch of good anime, including Naruto. (Disclaimer: I can only speak for European Netflix. No idea what it looks like in other regions.)
@snivy14 weird! I'd really expect there to be an english dub option in the settings somewhere if it is a legitimate dvd and not a bootleg.
Crunchyroll only has the Japanese dub with subtitles as far as I could find, and does indeed require a membership to access later seasons, but you can at least watch the first season there.
get a good ad and popup blocker (e.g. Ublock Origin) and you should be fine. typically computer viruses are included in ads and downloads and they can come from any website (I have seen bad ads on crunchyroll... that was not a fun time for a few days, they fixed it pretty fast tho), so just use an adblocker, watch in browser and don't download things if you don't know where it's coming from. tbh I don't recommend downloading anyway if your internet is good enough to stream in browser, it saves on storage space on your computer.
now let's end this discussion here, as any further discussion on the topic could be straying into 'illegal content' territory and it's best to stop while we're ahead.
@snivy14 weird! I'd really expect there to be an english dub option in the settings somewhere if it is a legitimate dvd and not a bootleg.
Crunchyroll only has the Japanese dub with subtitles as far as I could find, and does indeed require a membership to access later seasons, but you can at least watch the first season there.
get a good ad and popup blocker (e.g. Ublock Origin) and you should be fine. typically computer viruses are included in ads and downloads and they can come from any website (I have seen bad ads on crunchyroll... that was not a fun time for a few days, they fixed it pretty fast tho), so just use an adblocker, watch in browser and don't download things if you don't know where it's coming from. tbh I don't recommend downloading anyway if your internet is good enough to stream in browser, it saves on storage space on your computer.
now let's end this discussion here, as any further discussion on the topic could be straying into 'illegal content' territory and it's best to stop while we're ahead.
96px-Zexion%27s_Replica_Data_KHIIFM.png 4DvBsZc.png
Lucky
HxcMlGn.png
JrEJc4j.png
uPNWHgD.png
EHXIkb0.png
LDVtWi8.png j9JVcKh.png
Okay, first of all:
Get yourself an adblocker, i recommend UBlock Orgins. No matter what sites you wanna venture to

sadly, about 95% of all animes are English Sub, just because casting voice actors is expensive and nowdays no company really wanna invests in the Anime market knowing they will need to do that to get the majority of the fanbase, so usually only super-duper successful animes get dub'd

I can't say any sites here as I will not endose pirated media on FR

Read the information on a DVD twice, usually the say stuff like:
Language: English, Japanese
Voice: Japanese

So language usually just means text, not voice acting
Okay, first of all:
Get yourself an adblocker, i recommend UBlock Orgins. No matter what sites you wanna venture to

sadly, about 95% of all animes are English Sub, just because casting voice actors is expensive and nowdays no company really wanna invests in the Anime market knowing they will need to do that to get the majority of the fanbase, so usually only super-duper successful animes get dub'd

I can't say any sites here as I will not endose pirated media on FR

Read the information on a DVD twice, usually the say stuff like:
Language: English, Japanese
Voice: Japanese

So language usually just means text, not voice acting
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

English dub is considered less desirable these days… I was recently able to watch dubbed anime on the least-sketchy site I’ve seen so far, but it’s better not to say the names of such sites publicly so that they’ll still exist.

The Naruto dub is definitely somewhere. Sometimes older anime and stuff will be on the internet archive, that’s the best I can offer you here and now.
English dub is considered less desirable these days… I was recently able to watch dubbed anime on the least-sketchy site I’ve seen so far, but it’s better not to say the names of such sites publicly so that they’ll still exist.

The Naruto dub is definitely somewhere. Sometimes older anime and stuff will be on the internet archive, that’s the best I can offer you here and now.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
If you can find it on another streaming service like netflix or amazon, there should be an english dub option. (I agree, subtitles are really distracting! But I watch my bleach anime on disney+ rn and the default setting is english dub. I don't know where else to find naruto though)
If you can find it on another streaming service like netflix or amazon, there should be an english dub option. (I agree, subtitles are really distracting! But I watch my bleach anime on disney+ rn and the default setting is english dub. I don't know where else to find naruto though)
1NvphvS.png. plHJimS.png
7vhtsnW.png. 3I473vH.png
FlMK7kZ.png

[current avatar: veilspun dragon Tengwar]
[still a FR newbie, apologies for any incompetence]