Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ping Cap Suggestion
Maybe someone's already suggested something similar (I have not checked every single suggestion thread about this), but this is my idea for the ping cap. This is made specifically with GASP in mind because I use it more, but maybe it can be used for other sales tabs like G1s + I offered a small suggestion for Dom and Nest Network.

But here's my suggestions.

Idea 1:
If you are the creator of a thread (maybe forum specific. So only in sales type forums, etcetera) you do not have a ping cap. So when you are selling a skin and are using the GASP pinglist maker, you can easily paste that 100+ pinglist with no issue.

However no one else can reply to your thread pinging more than 12 people (arbitrary number. Can be different number for the cap).

Unless,

Idea 2:
The creator of the thread gives permissions for others to mass ping *Within that specific thread only*. This can be either Everyone has access, Friends Only have access or individual uernames the OP sets.

This would be helpful for things like Nest Network maybe or even Dom where multiple people own a thread. So the owner of Nest Network would give permission for Everyone to be allowed to mass ping in the thread. Or Dom would give permission for only the individuals who are contributing to the thread.

Additional idea is a pinglist that the OP of the thread controls.

For Nest Network this would be like, a pinglist for everyone who is willing to *host* a Lightening Nest. Only those select people are in that list and no one else can join it.

However anyone else can *ping* for those volunteers after OP clicks Allow Everyone to mass ping.

--
I think this idea could use some work still, I'm sure. Since the issue of harassment to avoid mass ping is still there.. but I dont know, this was just an idea I had for getting around the ping cap for sales threads specifically. One of those "why not both" options.

Feel free to offer alternatives, but please be nice! If you don't support the idea, please tell me why specifically. What could improve? What parts did you like? Please don't say "No Support it wont work" or something similar unless you can tell me why specifically and how to improve it.

This is not a fully fleshed out idea, its just something that came to me while trying to sleep. So please don't pvp me just for that, I know how viscous suggestions forum can be, lol. Its just a silly idea to build on.
Maybe someone's already suggested something similar (I have not checked every single suggestion thread about this), but this is my idea for the ping cap. This is made specifically with GASP in mind because I use it more, but maybe it can be used for other sales tabs like G1s + I offered a small suggestion for Dom and Nest Network.

But here's my suggestions.

Idea 1:
If you are the creator of a thread (maybe forum specific. So only in sales type forums, etcetera) you do not have a ping cap. So when you are selling a skin and are using the GASP pinglist maker, you can easily paste that 100+ pinglist with no issue.

However no one else can reply to your thread pinging more than 12 people (arbitrary number. Can be different number for the cap).

Unless,

Idea 2:
The creator of the thread gives permissions for others to mass ping *Within that specific thread only*. This can be either Everyone has access, Friends Only have access or individual uernames the OP sets.

This would be helpful for things like Nest Network maybe or even Dom where multiple people own a thread. So the owner of Nest Network would give permission for Everyone to be allowed to mass ping in the thread. Or Dom would give permission for only the individuals who are contributing to the thread.

Additional idea is a pinglist that the OP of the thread controls.

For Nest Network this would be like, a pinglist for everyone who is willing to *host* a Lightening Nest. Only those select people are in that list and no one else can join it.

However anyone else can *ping* for those volunteers after OP clicks Allow Everyone to mass ping.

--
I think this idea could use some work still, I'm sure. Since the issue of harassment to avoid mass ping is still there.. but I dont know, this was just an idea I had for getting around the ping cap for sales threads specifically. One of those "why not both" options.

Feel free to offer alternatives, but please be nice! If you don't support the idea, please tell me why specifically. What could improve? What parts did you like? Please don't say "No Support it wont work" or something similar unless you can tell me why specifically and how to improve it.

This is not a fully fleshed out idea, its just something that came to me while trying to sleep. So please don't pvp me just for that, I know how viscous suggestions forum can be, lol. Its just a silly idea to build on.
9d21b9f3b3688b826fe1b99c787d3f75d8ae1a82.png