Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | tattoos?
hey all, i'm thinking of maybe getting some tattoos in the future, one behind my ear and possibly sleeves on both arms. do yall have tattoos? any regrets? and also do you ever worry about how they will look as you age? i'm many years away from getting anything done but i'd like to hear your experiences nonetheless <3
hey all, i'm thinking of maybe getting some tattoos in the future, one behind my ear and possibly sleeves on both arms. do yall have tattoos? any regrets? and also do you ever worry about how they will look as you age? i'm many years away from getting anything done but i'd like to hear your experiences nonetheless <3
I have four. The triforce emblem, a squishy panda, a ghibli one, and a fire faerie. I have ZERO regrets, and I love them all. I'm also saving for my fifth which will be carbuncle from Final Fantasy. All of which have great meaning to me, which is indeed why I have no regrets.

But I almost passed out while getting the triforce on my back, because it took 6.5 hours. The panda behind my knee hurt the most, and I didn't feel the other two.

What are you planning on getting..??
I have four. The triforce emblem, a squishy panda, a ghibli one, and a fire faerie. I have ZERO regrets, and I love them all. I'm also saving for my fifth which will be carbuncle from Final Fantasy. All of which have great meaning to me, which is indeed why I have no regrets.

But I almost passed out while getting the triforce on my back, because it took 6.5 hours. The panda behind my knee hurt the most, and I didn't feel the other two.

What are you planning on getting..??
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I have a number of tattoos and love them, all blackwork animal skulls, flora, and medieval imagery. Lots of plans for more. Haven't gotten any since December 2019 though, thanks to Covid-19. Because of that, one of my arms has been stuck as a work-in-progress when I had planned to get it finished in 2020. Alas, hopefully this year...

No regrets, not even about my early ones - I always had a low pain tolerance so my first two were very simple designs on my ankles, really just for testing whether I could handle it before jumping into bigger stuff. I know that I can definitely handle longer sessions now so I'll expand on those two eventually, add more detail and other bits around them... but it works because I was planning to fill out my legs anyway.

I don't really worry about how they'll look as I age, since I don't have them in spots that are likely to stretch noticeably. Sure, they'll fade eventually and never look quite as good as they did when fresh, but they'll still be nice art on my body and proof that I was cool when I was younger. It'd be same for the locations you mentioned, arms are pretty safe. Just take care of your skin and get touch-ups if/when needed.
I have a number of tattoos and love them, all blackwork animal skulls, flora, and medieval imagery. Lots of plans for more. Haven't gotten any since December 2019 though, thanks to Covid-19. Because of that, one of my arms has been stuck as a work-in-progress when I had planned to get it finished in 2020. Alas, hopefully this year...

No regrets, not even about my early ones - I always had a low pain tolerance so my first two were very simple designs on my ankles, really just for testing whether I could handle it before jumping into bigger stuff. I know that I can definitely handle longer sessions now so I'll expand on those two eventually, add more detail and other bits around them... but it works because I was planning to fill out my legs anyway.

I don't really worry about how they'll look as I age, since I don't have them in spots that are likely to stretch noticeably. Sure, they'll fade eventually and never look quite as good as they did when fresh, but they'll still be nice art on my body and proof that I was cool when I was younger. It'd be same for the locations you mentioned, arms are pretty safe. Just take care of your skin and get touch-ups if/when needed.
uqpUQd0.png
@Amura nothing final yet, but im leaning towards a lil snake behind my ear and im still not sure about the sleeves, i just know that i want them to cover my upper arms. possibly floral? :)

@Saccharine huh you’re right, there’s really no point in worrying about the future. i’ll be a cool old lady. although i’m still glad that arms are a safe spot!
@Amura nothing final yet, but im leaning towards a lil snake behind my ear and im still not sure about the sleeves, i just know that i want them to cover my upper arms. possibly floral? :)

@Saccharine huh you’re right, there’s really no point in worrying about the future. i’ll be a cool old lady. although i’m still glad that arms are a safe spot!
I've got six tattoos! Four of them are on my arms, one on my collarbone, and the other one is on my calf.
Four of the six tattoos are video game related, the other two are three birds and a fox respectively.

I don't regret any of them, and am not too concerned how they'll look as I age - as long as they're still visible when I'm much older, I'm happy. :)
I've got six tattoos! Four of them are on my arms, one on my collarbone, and the other one is on my calf.
Four of the six tattoos are video game related, the other two are three birds and a fox respectively.

I don't regret any of them, and am not too concerned how they'll look as I age - as long as they're still visible when I'm much older, I'm happy. :)

3Sx6zgy.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
I have two so far! a very big one on my right arm that covers most of my skin from wrist to elbow (two sphynx cats with some swirls and flowers) and my favorite tarantula species on the left arm which was my first one!
I don't regret them at all. I used to feel very uncomfortable wearing t-shirts in the summer (idk why) but since I got them I can't wait 'til it gets warm enough for short sleeves again! I feel a lot better in my body having them.

I've seen photos of old (think 60-80 years old) people with many tattoos and I think they looked pretty cool, despite the slight fade that comes after years. People who don't like tattoos are always like "but what when you get old and wrinkly?" they act like people get meters of extra loose skin when most people in fact just get slightly wrinkly. Can't wait to be a metal grandma, hahah.

Once corona isn't an issue anymore I'll get my tarantula touched up. My goal is having my arms complety covered, some day if my careers allows it my hands (I LOVE hand tattoos!) aaand i plan getting a huge centipede on one of my sides.
I have two so far! a very big one on my right arm that covers most of my skin from wrist to elbow (two sphynx cats with some swirls and flowers) and my favorite tarantula species on the left arm which was my first one!
I don't regret them at all. I used to feel very uncomfortable wearing t-shirts in the summer (idk why) but since I got them I can't wait 'til it gets warm enough for short sleeves again! I feel a lot better in my body having them.

I've seen photos of old (think 60-80 years old) people with many tattoos and I think they looked pretty cool, despite the slight fade that comes after years. People who don't like tattoos are always like "but what when you get old and wrinkly?" they act like people get meters of extra loose skin when most people in fact just get slightly wrinkly. Can't wait to be a metal grandma, hahah.

Once corona isn't an issue anymore I'll get my tarantula touched up. My goal is having my arms complety covered, some day if my careers allows it my hands (I LOVE hand tattoos!) aaand i plan getting a huge centipede on one of my sides.
2aoyUTU.png My wood carvings

Got ancients?
o4KdtaP.png
dEe2UrM.png
TB6EYwU.png
or7Yz8j.png
AQPJNOh.png
oczO35g.png
PeIaJVR.png
mmoRz30.png
uVEyOnT.png
No, I do not have any tattoos, and I am glad that I don't. I have had absolutely idiotic ideas as to what I would have wanted for designs, and I am so glad that I never got around to getting any of it done.

And I am not planning to get any tattoos in the future now, either. I have developed a serious fear of all kinds of substances, so I would very likely go absolutey insane if I would have to live with tattoo ink permanently attached to me.
I also think it is pretty expensive and I would rather spend the money on something else. Also, I no longer believe in decorating my body. I don't wear any type of make-up, I don't dye my hair, and so on, so I think I wouldn't need a tattoo, either.
No, I do not have any tattoos, and I am glad that I don't. I have had absolutely idiotic ideas as to what I would have wanted for designs, and I am so glad that I never got around to getting any of it done.

And I am not planning to get any tattoos in the future now, either. I have developed a serious fear of all kinds of substances, so I would very likely go absolutey insane if I would have to live with tattoo ink permanently attached to me.
I also think it is pretty expensive and I would rather spend the money on something else. Also, I no longer believe in decorating my body. I don't wear any type of make-up, I don't dye my hair, and so on, so I think I wouldn't need a tattoo, either.
cat hair everywhere
I've got three and I have no regrets--zodiac sign on my left ankle, nautical star on my left wrist, and the Pyro from Team Fortress 2 on my right calf. Luckily, the need for a new tattoo is not strong because I wouldn't be able to get anything done and my Pyro is just a little over a year old.

Not worried about what they'll look like as I age because most of the time, they're covered anyway.
I've got three and I have no regrets--zodiac sign on my left ankle, nautical star on my left wrist, and the Pyro from Team Fortress 2 on my right calf. Luckily, the need for a new tattoo is not strong because I wouldn't be able to get anything done and my Pyro is just a little over a year old.

Not worried about what they'll look like as I age because most of the time, they're covered anyway.
9iqeDz7.png
I don't have any yet... but I dream of having a TON. I'm just extremely picky. ;-; I know I just want a ton of wolves in a bunch of different styles, but I'm just having trouble picking out what style I want, where I want it at, and then finding an artist around here who could do it and do it well.

Around here there's like a gold mine for people doing traditional style tattoos and while it's a cool style, it just makes it harder to find people who have illustrative styles, or just different styles in general, so me getting tattoos are kind of... on hold, I guess?

I really want them though. I've dreamed of being a tattoo artist myself, but now I'm just not so sure given I really only like drawing one thing.. so.. yeah.

But the first tattoo I want is a drawing my boyfriend made. When we first started hanging out and got together, he drew me a wolf as best as he could and honestly, I love it. It's not like some super realistic or anatomically correct drawing or such, it's like a little doodle sketch that he created and I swear it's aesthetically pleasing to me. I'd get it like on or right above my ankle or something. I think given it's small but also very meaningful, it would be a good starter tattoo.
I don't have any yet... but I dream of having a TON. I'm just extremely picky. ;-; I know I just want a ton of wolves in a bunch of different styles, but I'm just having trouble picking out what style I want, where I want it at, and then finding an artist around here who could do it and do it well.

Around here there's like a gold mine for people doing traditional style tattoos and while it's a cool style, it just makes it harder to find people who have illustrative styles, or just different styles in general, so me getting tattoos are kind of... on hold, I guess?

I really want them though. I've dreamed of being a tattoo artist myself, but now I'm just not so sure given I really only like drawing one thing.. so.. yeah.

But the first tattoo I want is a drawing my boyfriend made. When we first started hanging out and got together, he drew me a wolf as best as he could and honestly, I love it. It's not like some super realistic or anatomically correct drawing or such, it's like a little doodle sketch that he created and I swear it's aesthetically pleasing to me. I'd get it like on or right above my ankle or something. I think given it's small but also very meaningful, it would be a good starter tattoo.
tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
don't have tatoos but uh we're all ugly when we're old so like what's the point in worrying about some ink amiright fellow youths???
don't have tatoos but uh we're all ugly when we're old so like what's the point in worrying about some ink amiright fellow youths???
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute