Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Some times I just...
Feel like I'm annoying people, you know? This is pathetic to be posting a topic here over that, but I've been feeling bothered and some times when I want to talk to some people online, I feel that anything I'm sending them, is just going to annoy them and make them want me to stop talking to them. I try to be positive and think that maybe they just are nervous to talk to me and aren't sure what to say...but I have difficulty some times keeping that facade up and this is one of those nights, actually.
I just had to rant, sorry for wasting time but I felt a need to vent it out.
Feel like I'm annoying people, you know? This is pathetic to be posting a topic here over that, but I've been feeling bothered and some times when I want to talk to some people online, I feel that anything I'm sending them, is just going to annoy them and make them want me to stop talking to them. I try to be positive and think that maybe they just are nervous to talk to me and aren't sure what to say...but I have difficulty some times keeping that facade up and this is one of those nights, actually.
I just had to rant, sorry for wasting time but I felt a need to vent it out.
bannertype_zps0uxvemgt.png
I know I'm never sure what to say when people send me a message. I don't find it annoying. More like "zomg a person has interacted with me what do I doooooo" D:
I know I'm never sure what to say when people send me a message. I don't find it annoying. More like "zomg a person has interacted with me what do I doooooo" D:
Xv5yNtr.gif
@Iktheyrion
Ah hah, that's kind of reassuring, maybe that's all people go through when being sent messages. I struggle keeping a positive outlook though, but I kinda understand the feeling of getting a message and being like "WHOA".
@Iktheyrion
Ah hah, that's kind of reassuring, maybe that's all people go through when being sent messages. I struggle keeping a positive outlook though, but I kinda understand the feeling of getting a message and being like "WHOA".
bannertype_zps0uxvemgt.png
Yes I'm exactly like that as well, so I totally get what you mean... Like even right now I feel like I'm being intrusive and annoying by replying to this thread :T
Maybe its because of my introversion that I find literally anyone and everyone to be at least a little bit intimidating...
Yes I'm exactly like that as well, so I totally get what you mean... Like even right now I feel like I'm being intrusive and annoying by replying to this thread :T
Maybe its because of my introversion that I find literally anyone and everyone to be at least a little bit intimidating...
I think with the internet moreso it's hard to gauge peoples reactions and how you perceive yourself with the kind of "internet tone" you use and things like that! It's a lot of faith in not knowing. It's brave of you to still put yourself out there for people, and I can relate to you totally. uHu I am sure you're a wonderful person to have around and be a pal with!
I think with the internet moreso it's hard to gauge peoples reactions and how you perceive yourself with the kind of "internet tone" you use and things like that! It's a lot of faith in not knowing. It's brave of you to still put yourself out there for people, and I can relate to you totally. uHu I am sure you're a wonderful person to have around and be a pal with!
That was my major thought process for a long time, that I was annoying to people and maybe contacting them would cause a major bother. This lead to some social isolation for a period of time. I have been trying hard to make my thoughts more positive; if they don't like my company, too bad! Unless they outright tell me that I should leave them alone, I will contact and talk with them as much as I want 8)

I had a surprise a few days ago actually; I hadn't contacted a friend for a long time because I thought she just put up with me out of obligation. On a whim I texted her for arrangements on chatting over the cafe. Before leaving she told me how she wondered why I hadn't contacted her for so long, and that I should do it more often. It was a nice feeling!

Point is; don't worry, there will always be someone who appreciates your company even if it doesn't feel so.
That was my major thought process for a long time, that I was annoying to people and maybe contacting them would cause a major bother. This lead to some social isolation for a period of time. I have been trying hard to make my thoughts more positive; if they don't like my company, too bad! Unless they outright tell me that I should leave them alone, I will contact and talk with them as much as I want 8)

I had a surprise a few days ago actually; I hadn't contacted a friend for a long time because I thought she just put up with me out of obligation. On a whim I texted her for arrangements on chatting over the cafe. Before leaving she told me how she wondered why I hadn't contacted her for so long, and that I should do it more often. It was a nice feeling!

Point is; don't worry, there will always be someone who appreciates your company even if it doesn't feel so.