Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RIP, Kittencruncher....
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@Ilium

He isn't. It's an old gamer thing of mine in relation to a shadowy, heartless concept of "Ferret," which was my game name at the time. /offtopic
@Ilium

He isn't. It's an old gamer thing of mine in relation to a shadowy, heartless concept of "Ferret," which was my game name at the time. /offtopic
I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that the site is catering to a very small minority who has obvious trouble telling fiction from reality.
I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that the site is catering to a very small minority who has obvious trouble telling fiction from reality.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
This is a thing? 0_o

I'm just baffled by this.
Personally, I think that the name is silly and not something I'd ever name a dragon. But banning it is even more silly.

Sure, if admins dislike it; taking it out of the RNG is a perfectly okay and understandable move. But banning it all together?
Why?

Seriously, we do have dragons who eat all kind of cute and fluffy things. We even have dragons who attack other sapient being so they can get food from them. And all that's perfectly okay.
But a silly name like this isn't?

Should we assume that there will never be a cat like food item?
And why should cat/kitten be the only ones protected? Our dragons are eating some very sweet looking baby goats.
So would it be okay to name a dragon "Goatcruncher"?

Or what if, for example, somebody is naming their dragons after George R. R. Martin's dragons? There's a "Sheepstealer" in the books.
Would that name be okay?

Also, would naming a dragon "ALF" (after the TV show Alien Life Form obsessed with eating cats) be seen as going around the filter?

Seriously, there have been enough worry about named (and unnamed too) dragons already. Banning silly names only make people worry every time they need to pick a name.
This is a thing? 0_o

I'm just baffled by this.
Personally, I think that the name is silly and not something I'd ever name a dragon. But banning it is even more silly.

Sure, if admins dislike it; taking it out of the RNG is a perfectly okay and understandable move. But banning it all together?
Why?

Seriously, we do have dragons who eat all kind of cute and fluffy things. We even have dragons who attack other sapient being so they can get food from them. And all that's perfectly okay.
But a silly name like this isn't?

Should we assume that there will never be a cat like food item?
And why should cat/kitten be the only ones protected? Our dragons are eating some very sweet looking baby goats.
So would it be okay to name a dragon "Goatcruncher"?

Or what if, for example, somebody is naming their dragons after George R. R. Martin's dragons? There's a "Sheepstealer" in the books.
Would that name be okay?

Also, would naming a dragon "ALF" (after the TV show Alien Life Form obsessed with eating cats) be seen as going around the filter?

Seriously, there have been enough worry about named (and unnamed too) dragons already. Banning silly names only make people worry every time they need to pick a name.
tumblr_inline_njsal07HsJ1t8m45a.png
water-banner-3_zps9b5f729c.gif
[/center]
Felineflattener it is then.
Felineflattener it is then.
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o5_r3_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o6_r2_250.png
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o7_r2_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o8_r2_250.png
FR +8 FR tumblr
[quote name="Takora" date="2015-01-02 02:50:49"]Sometimes I think FR admins forget they have this on the bottom of the page: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/ratingteen.png[/img] This not a PG-13 site, it is fine to have a dragon named Kittencrusher, or Ponyslayer for that matter. I have cats myself and I would never condone harming animals. But come on, it is a pixel dragon everyone. The dragons here are not real.[/quote] I think this is possibly the biggest problem right here. They're cartoon dragons, with cartoon (sometimes cute) food, who mash cartoon monsters in a repetitive game. I guess the folks that complain about names like 'Kittencruncher' don't play too many video games, because even in Sypro, you were killing critters for gems.
Takora wrote on 2015-01-02 02:50:49:
Sometimes I think FR admins forget they have this on the bottom of the page:

ratingteen.png

This not a PG-13 site, it is fine to have a dragon named Kittencrusher, or Ponyslayer for that matter. I have cats myself and I would never condone harming animals. But come on, it is a pixel dragon everyone. The dragons here are not real.

I think this is possibly the biggest problem right here. They're cartoon dragons, with cartoon (sometimes cute) food, who mash cartoon monsters in a repetitive game. I guess the folks that complain about names like 'Kittencruncher' don't play too many video games, because even in Sypro, you were killing critters for gems.
Art and Design
www.facebook.com/thelittleblackcatcompany
[quote name="Carnivore" date="2014-12-31 11:29:29"]I actually asked about it in Contact Us and they told me this: [quote]We would ask that you not use the name "Kittencruncher" as some players may assume you are promoting violence towards domestic animals. We can certainly understand that this is not your intention here; however, some of our players may not share the same understanding. So to avoid any such complaints and possible violations of our Rules and Guidelines we would ask that you not use the name. We are sorry for any frustration this may cause you, if you need any further clarification please feel free to ask.[/quote] Q_Q[/quote] And they're doing this while we have a [i]fluffy, pink, big-eyed baby owl[/i] as a food item.
Carnivore wrote on 2014-12-31 11:29:29:
I actually asked about it in Contact Us and they told me this:
Quote:
We would ask that you not use the name "Kittencruncher" as some players may assume you are promoting violence towards domestic animals. We can certainly understand that this is not your intention here; however, some of our players may not share the same understanding. So to avoid any such complaints and possible violations of our Rules and Guidelines we would ask that you not use the name. We are sorry for any frustration this may cause you, if you need any further clarification please feel free to ask.

Q_Q
And they're doing this while we have a fluffy, pink, big-eyed baby owl as a food item.
[img]http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif[/img]
Dr.-Who.gif
tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Glory to the Gladekeeper
Is Bunnysmasher still in the random name gen?
What if I name it Kittenscruncher? Scrunching is totally different the crunching.
What if we just put a disclaimer saying the dragon named Kittencruncher only non-fatally crunches?
This is just ridiculous. I can honestly say if I knew someone in real life with a dog named Kittencruncher I would possibly be upset. However, this isn't real and I could see myself naming a mean lil plague mirror something like that because imaginary evil dragon.... not real. Imaginary.
Is Bunnysmasher still in the random name gen?
What if I name it Kittenscruncher? Scrunching is totally different the crunching.
What if we just put a disclaimer saying the dragon named Kittencruncher only non-fatally crunches?
This is just ridiculous. I can honestly say if I knew someone in real life with a dog named Kittencruncher I would possibly be upset. However, this isn't real and I could see myself naming a mean lil plague mirror something like that because imaginary evil dragon.... not real. Imaginary.
Xv5yNtr.gif
We can't name fodder Kittencruncher, but there are actual MEAT PUPPIES in the game.
I sense that the item designer is obviously a cat person and is unfairly biased. =P
We can't name fodder Kittencruncher, but there are actual MEAT PUPPIES in the game.
I sense that the item designer is obviously a cat person and is unfairly biased. =P
CQy7TyL.png
Ok, I would just like to point out, I got an adorable hedgehog item as a drop and its description is literally "Green food is full of vitamins!".

If your items are going to have a warped sense of humor (which is 100% alright and I think fits the theme of "dragons as monsters" pretty well), let it carry over to the rest of the site while you're at it. That description should've made me chuckle, not groan and say "they banned Kittencruncher but have THIS?!".
Ok, I would just like to point out, I got an adorable hedgehog item as a drop and its description is literally "Green food is full of vitamins!".

If your items are going to have a warped sense of humor (which is 100% alright and I think fits the theme of "dragons as monsters" pretty well), let it carry over to the rest of the site while you're at it. That description should've made me chuckle, not groan and say "they banned Kittencruncher but have THIS?!".
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15