Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Queer Crew?
Drone Here! I'm a Hetero-Romantic Asexual. How's things?

*edit*
reading back posts and wow is there a lot of ace representation here :D

*second edit*

Forgot the intrests!
I love books and am going to school to be a Librarian, hence the name.
I love art, and Foxes.
I LOVE Transformers and Welcome to Night Vale!
Also, Tabletop RPG's.
Drone Here! I'm a Hetero-Romantic Asexual. How's things?

*edit*
reading back posts and wow is there a lot of ace representation here :D

*second edit*

Forgot the intrests!
I love books and am going to school to be a Librarian, hence the name.
I love art, and Foxes.
I LOVE Transformers and Welcome to Night Vale!
Also, Tabletop RPG's.
[quote name="Bosspferd" date="2014-11-20 18:57:30"][quote name="Benzaldehyde" date="2014-11-20 18:49:59"]@Kyrtian Yeah, you know, I only do that queer thing as a part-time gig. :P[/quote] That's the best thing I've ever read! Can I use that as a quick witted response from now on please?[/quote] Go for it.
Bosspferd wrote on 2014-11-20 18:57:30:
Benzaldehyde wrote on 2014-11-20 18:49:59:
@Kyrtian

Yeah, you know, I only do that queer thing as a part-time gig. :P

That's the best thing I've ever read! Can I use that as a quick witted response from now on please?

Go for it.
[quote name="PeculiarNebulae" date="2014-11-20 19:03:05"]Yeah I hear ya. I for the most part think I am pan even though I have some leanings towards lasses and agender people. I tried using the bi sexual but I feel like its out of place on me. I saw your post above with the asterisk thing and if you dont mind me asking, whats wrong with the asterisk versus no asterisk? Ive seen people not agree with the asterisk next to trans. Is it similar to that?[/quote] Well I don't think I've seen non-binary with an asterisk yet, but my reaction to it was because of the whole mess about trans and the asterisk. It would just be confusing too, to keep changing how non-binary it written. Plus, what about when it's spoken? Would you be expected to say "Non asterisk binary"? Or would you just say it the same as you always did? Ah, I ramble again.
PeculiarNebulae wrote on 2014-11-20 19:03:05:
Yeah I hear ya. I for the most part think I am pan even though I have some leanings towards lasses and agender people. I tried using the bi sexual but I feel like its out of place on me. I saw your post above with the asterisk thing and if you dont mind me asking, whats wrong with the asterisk versus no asterisk? Ive seen people not agree with the asterisk next to trans. Is it similar to that?

Well I don't think I've seen non-binary with an asterisk yet, but my reaction to it was because of the whole mess about trans and the asterisk. It would just be confusing too, to keep changing how non-binary it written. Plus, what about when it's spoken? Would you be expected to say "Non asterisk binary"? Or would you just say it the same as you always did? Ah, I ramble again.
Searching for Marigold/Brown/Sanguine.
[quote name="Waterwayfinder" date="2014-11-20 19:09:00"][quote name="PeculiarNebulae" date="2014-11-20 19:03:05"]Yeah I hear ya. I for the most part think I am pan even though I have some leanings towards lasses and agender people. I tried using the bi sexual but I feel like its out of place on me. I saw your post above with the asterisk thing and if you dont mind me asking, whats wrong with the asterisk versus no asterisk? Ive seen people not agree with the asterisk next to trans. Is it similar to that?[/quote] Well I don't think I've seen non-binary with an asterisk yet, but my reaction to it was because of the whole mess about trans and the asterisk. It would just be confusing too, to keep changing how non-binary it written. Plus, what about when it's spoken? Would you be expected to say "Non asterisk binary"? Or would you just say it the same as you always did? Ah, I ramble again.[/quote] No, you raise a good point. lol imagine if people had to speak out punctuation that would be a such a drag.
Waterwayfinder wrote on 2014-11-20 19:09:00:
PeculiarNebulae wrote on 2014-11-20 19:03:05:
Yeah I hear ya. I for the most part think I am pan even though I have some leanings towards lasses and agender people. I tried using the bi sexual but I feel like its out of place on me. I saw your post above with the asterisk thing and if you dont mind me asking, whats wrong with the asterisk versus no asterisk? Ive seen people not agree with the asterisk next to trans. Is it similar to that?

Well I don't think I've seen non-binary with an asterisk yet, but my reaction to it was because of the whole mess about trans and the asterisk. It would just be confusing too, to keep changing how non-binary it written. Plus, what about when it's spoken? Would you be expected to say "Non asterisk binary"? Or would you just say it the same as you always did? Ah, I ramble again.

No, you raise a good point. lol imagine if people had to speak out punctuation that would be a such a drag.
[quote name="WretchedKalamity" date="2014-11-20 19:04:03"]*pansexual female rolls in* hello fellow queers[/quote] *emerges from a bush* mY QUEER SENSES ARE TINGLING. Hello!
WretchedKalamity wrote on 2014-11-20 19:04:03:
*pansexual female rolls in*

hello fellow queers

*emerges from a bush* mY QUEER SENSES ARE TINGLING. Hello!
@Waterwayfinder @PeculiarNebulae

I have mixed feelings about "trans*" with an asterisk. Apparently it bothers a of of binary trans people (although I'm not sure why because you can't search for asterisks anywhere so it's hard to find discussions), and I don't feel super-comfortable with getting called "trans" anyway because it usually means binary. On the other hand watching which people say "trans" and which say "trans*" is a good clue for if they support non-binary people.

Also, it causes a lot of people to say stuff like "trans* girl" which is terrible.

About pronunciation, I never get to talk about gender issues out loud, but I used to think "trans star" in my head just because it's kind of fun to imagine trans* people as rock stars or something.
@Waterwayfinder @PeculiarNebulae

I have mixed feelings about "trans*" with an asterisk. Apparently it bothers a of of binary trans people (although I'm not sure why because you can't search for asterisks anywhere so it's hard to find discussions), and I don't feel super-comfortable with getting called "trans" anyway because it usually means binary. On the other hand watching which people say "trans" and which say "trans*" is a good clue for if they support non-binary people.

Also, it causes a lot of people to say stuff like "trans* girl" which is terrible.

About pronunciation, I never get to talk about gender issues out loud, but I used to think "trans star" in my head just because it's kind of fun to imagine trans* people as rock stars or something.
kiroshen.png He/his/him. FR time +1. 332paxj.jpg
[quote name="PeculiarNebulae" date="2014-11-20 15:34:59"][quote name="radicalstripes" date="2014-11-20 15:19:16"]UHHH hi i'm grace (she/her), i'm bi/queer/something and i have this problem where i cant stop myself from buying dragons that look like pride flags and i'm broke because of it[/quote] now that i gotta see[/quote] WELLLLL since you asked - this is bismuth, who is obviously the bi flag, and i love her very much: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6689269] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/66893/6689269_350.png[/img] [/url] this is hope, who is the agender flag: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7598355] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/75984/7598355_350.png[/img] [/url] wright, the ace flag: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7327677] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/73277/7327677_350.png[/img] [/url] and this one doesnt have a name yet but they are the genderqueer/nb flag: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7531836] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/75319/7531836_350.png[/img] [/url] aaaah sorry if i'm crowding this place or something i jsut love dragons (i have so many more like these not shown here)
PeculiarNebulae wrote on 2014-11-20 15:34:59:
radicalstripes wrote on 2014-11-20 15:19:16:
UHHH hi i'm grace (she/her), i'm bi/queer/something and i have this problem where i cant stop myself from buying dragons that look like pride flags and i'm broke because of it

now that i gotta see

WELLLLL since you asked -
this is bismuth, who is obviously the bi flag, and i love her very much:

6689269_350.png

this is hope, who is the agender flag:

7598355_350.png

wright, the ace flag:

7327677_350.png

and this one doesnt have a name yet but they are the genderqueer/nb flag:

7531836_350.png

aaaah sorry if i'm crowding this place or something i jsut love dragons (i have so many more like these not shown here)
@PeculiarNebulae Honestly though, adding an asterisk doesn't change anything when speaking out loud, so it seems a tad silly, to be honest.

@Kyrtian Ah, so that's why trans women had an issue with the *, now it makes sense. Yeah, I've heard the main issue with the asterisk is that it made a lot of people feel like it was saying they weren't 'really trans'. I can see where they are concerned, too. *shrugs* I don't know. I don't tend to refer to myself as trans until someone tries to claim I'm cis. =/
@PeculiarNebulae Honestly though, adding an asterisk doesn't change anything when speaking out loud, so it seems a tad silly, to be honest.

@Kyrtian Ah, so that's why trans women had an issue with the *, now it makes sense. Yeah, I've heard the main issue with the asterisk is that it made a lot of people feel like it was saying they weren't 'really trans'. I can see where they are concerned, too. *shrugs* I don't know. I don't tend to refer to myself as trans until someone tries to claim I'm cis. =/
Searching for Marigold/Brown/Sanguine.
@Waterwayfinder Yeah, that concern makes sense. I just feel weird about people trying to stop one of the few tiny things that mentions non-binary people existing, I guess. I'm not really sure why we don't have a new word that means "binary trans people and also non-binary people"? I was told ages ago that it's not okay to use "genderqueer" as a group word and that you only use it to talk about specific people that who have decided to label themselves with it, so that doesn't work.

I also only bother with "trans" if it's between that or being cis. I don't identify as either but I'm 9999999% not cis, so.
@Waterwayfinder Yeah, that concern makes sense. I just feel weird about people trying to stop one of the few tiny things that mentions non-binary people existing, I guess. I'm not really sure why we don't have a new word that means "binary trans people and also non-binary people"? I was told ages ago that it's not okay to use "genderqueer" as a group word and that you only use it to talk about specific people that who have decided to label themselves with it, so that doesn't work.

I also only bother with "trans" if it's between that or being cis. I don't identify as either but I'm 9999999% not cis, so.
kiroshen.png He/his/him. FR time +1. 332paxj.jpg
[quote name="Girolamo" date="2014-11-20 11:06:01"]Hello all. *waves* I identify as Queer. Never heard MOGAI before as part of the acronym, perhaps because I'm in my 30s and it's a new way of saying it, but I like what it stands for.[/quote] I kinda like MOGAI to, if only because it heads of the "What the 'A' actually stands for" discussions.
Girolamo wrote on 2014-11-20 11:06:01:
Hello all. *waves* I identify as Queer. Never heard MOGAI before as part of the acronym, perhaps because I'm in my 30s and it's a new way of saying it, but I like what it stands for.

I kinda like MOGAI to, if only because it heads of the "What the 'A' actually stands for" discussions.