Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to Avoid Being Banned/Suspended?
My girlfriend has apparently been banned over 'botting' when she hasn't even logged into her account in 2 months.

So yeah, I'd like to see a clear statement in the TOU that says leaving an account because of work or school or LIFE is a bad thing and will make you look suspicious, cos thats ridiculous.
My girlfriend has apparently been banned over 'botting' when she hasn't even logged into her account in 2 months.

So yeah, I'd like to see a clear statement in the TOU that says leaving an account because of work or school or LIFE is a bad thing and will make you look suspicious, cos thats ridiculous.
(deleting because I'm an idiot)
(deleting because I'm an idiot)
Is it possible that the site is messing up and sending out false pings? Because maybe that's the case. I mean, I don't think the admins are doing this in spite of anyone. They're not doing this on purpose. I just want to know what's going on, along with the rest of FR.
I'd like some things to be clarified so that I can actually go onto my FR blog and not have to worry about the drama.
Is it possible that the site is messing up and sending out false pings? Because maybe that's the case. I mean, I don't think the admins are doing this in spite of anyone. They're not doing this on purpose. I just want to know what's going on, along with the rest of FR.
I'd like some things to be clarified so that I can actually go onto my FR blog and not have to worry about the drama.
tumblr_npv36fz0NT1unlofso1_400.png
Wow I always open up a lot of tabs especially when looking for a dragon in dragon search.

Also have really fast internet and do coli on a seperate window so I can read and let the animations load at the same time..I'm sure most people do this?

Sounds like the bans are super random.
Wow I always open up a lot of tabs especially when looking for a dragon in dragon search.

Also have really fast internet and do coli on a seperate window so I can read and let the animations load at the same time..I'm sure most people do this?

Sounds like the bans are super random.
Looks like I am going to have to be super careful with taking care of my dragons and interacting with the games. I don't agree with botting or using exploitation to "win" an un-win-able game so I'm no threat, even with a fast computer. But I do see a problem here with the TOS/TOU not clearly stating that FR reps/admin are responsible to tell the account owner why they are being banned.

This is something I don't agree with, clarity is better than obfuscated stances against abuse of the rules. I would think that the admins and mods need to slow their row and take a closer look at the accounts they are randomly banning before they do so.

I saw a few that were accounts of minors and parents on the same IP, and it looks like an IP similarity that is triggering some of them. I share the same IP with my boyfriend but he doesn't play here and even if he did, we would be playing on our accounts at different times of the day. Would this cause a risk of a ban due to sharing our internet/computers?
I would like to hear from the admin team on this, if at all possible.
Looks like I am going to have to be super careful with taking care of my dragons and interacting with the games. I don't agree with botting or using exploitation to "win" an un-win-able game so I'm no threat, even with a fast computer. But I do see a problem here with the TOS/TOU not clearly stating that FR reps/admin are responsible to tell the account owner why they are being banned.

This is something I don't agree with, clarity is better than obfuscated stances against abuse of the rules. I would think that the admins and mods need to slow their row and take a closer look at the accounts they are randomly banning before they do so.

I saw a few that were accounts of minors and parents on the same IP, and it looks like an IP similarity that is triggering some of them. I share the same IP with my boyfriend but he doesn't play here and even if he did, we would be playing on our accounts at different times of the day. Would this cause a risk of a ban due to sharing our internet/computers?
I would like to hear from the admin team on this, if at all possible.
tumblr_inline_n6kduuBoHW1qlye38.gif
Many of my friends have been banned for botting without being told on what grounds they were banned for!

Among these bans were a pair of siblings that got banned for "multi accounting" which is frankly not true. One of them spends a lot more time on FR than the other and had JUST sent the other like 7 x99 stacks or something of food and both their accounts got banned. She was just sending her sister food so she could use her gathers in digging or scavenging instead!

It's so hard to tell what is okay to do on this website anymore, I don't really chime in often at all in FR discussions and forums but I've just been playing casually and even I'm afraid of getting banned :C
Many of my friends have been banned for botting without being told on what grounds they were banned for!

Among these bans were a pair of siblings that got banned for "multi accounting" which is frankly not true. One of them spends a lot more time on FR than the other and had JUST sent the other like 7 x99 stacks or something of food and both their accounts got banned. She was just sending her sister food so she could use her gathers in digging or scavenging instead!

It's so hard to tell what is okay to do on this website anymore, I don't really chime in often at all in FR discussions and forums but I've just been playing casually and even I'm afraid of getting banned :C
[quote name="RedRarebit" date="2014-09-27 12:54:48"]My girlfriend has apparently [b]been banned[/b] over 'botting' when she hasn't even logged into her account in 2 months. So yeah, I'd like to see a clear statement in the TOU that says leaving an account because of work or school or LIFE is a bad thing and will make you look suspicious, cos thats ridiculous.[/quote] FR what is going on ... its totally okay, its why dragons don't die of starvation iirc, whatever happened there is terrible. yeah I have to add, a friend of mine and their sister has been banned on ground of multi account. Having family members on this site seems a dangerous thing. I thought Guildwars2 was idiotic on the bot protection but FR is taking the cake and its not even nearly the size of a full fledged MMO. FR's policing is out of the wack clearly.
RedRarebit wrote on 2014-09-27 12:54:48:

FR what is going on ... its totally okay, its why dragons don't die of starvation iirc, whatever happened there is terrible.

yeah I have to add, a friend of mine and their sister has been banned on ground of multi account. Having family members on this site seems a dangerous thing. I thought Guildwars2 was idiotic on the bot protection but FR is taking the cake and its not even nearly the size of a full fledged MMO. FR's policing is out of the wack clearly.
As I'm at uni I have the same IP adress as everyone in my building. 3 of which also play this game. :/
As I'm at uni I have the same IP adress as everyone in my building. 3 of which also play this game. :/
aX9Qb.gif
:3 ps I'm dyslexic
@Ankokou sounds like it sucks. Did you tell Undel? She's super nice, and will definitely help you! If not her, then try @JCStitches. She's really nice, too!!

And I'm kinda scared too because I accidentally reported a comment that I made. All I said was " Which one LOL " . I meant to delete it because I tried to use @, but it was on a userpage so it didn't work. So I think I accidentally reported it and I really hope I don't get banned or something :D
@Ankokou sounds like it sucks. Did you tell Undel? She's super nice, and will definitely help you! If not her, then try @JCStitches. She's really nice, too!!

And I'm kinda scared too because I accidentally reported a comment that I made. All I said was " Which one LOL " . I meant to delete it because I tried to use @, but it was on a userpage so it didn't work. So I think I accidentally reported it and I really hope I don't get banned or something :D
I'm probably supposed to be typing an essay right now.
[quote name="couchprince" date="2014-09-30 14:58:51"] And I'm kinda scared too because I accidentally reported a comment that I made. All I said was " Which one LOL " . I meant to delete it because I tried to use @, but it was on a userpage so it didn't work. So I think I accidentally reported it and I really hope I don't get banned or something :D[/quote] @couchprince I'm sure that happens more often than you think. The admins are able to see who sends the reports, so they'll see that you reported yourself and probably just chuckle at you.
couchprince wrote on 2014-09-30 14:58:51:

@couchprince

I'm sure that happens more often than you think. The admins are able to see who sends the reports, so they'll see that you reported yourself and probably just chuckle at you.
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif