Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
@Undel: Hypothetically, if I found an ad with a huuuuuuuuuge collison box, would that be something I should report?
@Undel: Hypothetically, if I found an ad with a huuuuuuuuuge collison box, would that be something I should report?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
Yesterday I had an ad redirect when I tried to go to my lair. I couldn't grab the URL, because when I tried to go back to the main page with the back button on my browser, it closed the tab. What I remember, though, is that it was one of those full page things with a small ad box in the middle, and at the top it had one of those "you can go to your site in..." with a countdown, and a link to supposedly go directly to the page. I highly doubt that's where it went. The ad was something about food.

I'm sorry I couldn't give more info or a screenshot or anything. If I knew this thread existed, I would have.
Yesterday I had an ad redirect when I tried to go to my lair. I couldn't grab the URL, because when I tried to go back to the main page with the back button on my browser, it closed the tab. What I remember, though, is that it was one of those full page things with a small ad box in the middle, and at the top it had one of those "you can go to your site in..." with a countdown, and a link to supposedly go directly to the page. I highly doubt that's where it went. The ad was something about food.

I'm sorry I couldn't give more info or a screenshot or anything. If I knew this thread existed, I would have.
Didn't see what caused it but I clicked to go to the forums and looked away. Looked back and it was on an ad page. Full page with a countdown timer that said "redirecting back to content" with about 15 seconds left on it (I have adblocker so didn't see the full page ad). I hit the back button and it took me back to the forums.
URL of the page it auto-redirected to: http://sponsor.adverstitial.com/view/advertisement?loc=26954&adv=3085693&camp=710230&w=728&h=90&rnd=46514803293094515
Didn't see what caused it but I clicked to go to the forums and looked away. Looked back and it was on an ad page. Full page with a countdown timer that said "redirecting back to content" with about 15 seconds left on it (I have adblocker so didn't see the full page ad). I hit the back button and it took me back to the forums.
URL of the page it auto-redirected to: http://sponsor.adverstitial.com/view/advertisement?loc=26954&adv=3085693&camp=710230&w=728&h=90&rnd=46514803293094515
Clueless but caffeinated.
I am currently seeing an out-of bounds ad. A few days ago I saw it in the Marketplace, but now it is in my Inbox and on the forums too! I took some screen shots. [img]http://i60.tinypic.com/978px5.jpg[/img] From my inbox. It scrolls with me. [img]http://i59.tinypic.com/1h6xqh.jpg[/img] On the marketplace moments later [img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2elfqzp.jpg[/img] And here in the advertising report thread, on my way to type this. It is still there as I type even, blocking out the ad in the footer. The products change daily, from pencil skirts to designer suits and today it is vitamins. If there is a button at the bottom of the page, it gets covered when I can't scroll anymore and it is quite troublesome.
I am currently seeing an out-of bounds ad. A few days ago I saw it in the Marketplace, but now it is in my Inbox and on the forums too! I took some screen shots.

978px5.jpg
From my inbox. It scrolls with me.

1h6xqh.jpg
On the marketplace moments later

2elfqzp.jpg
And here in the advertising report thread, on my way to type this. It is still there as I type even, blocking out the ad in the footer. The products change daily, from pencil skirts to designer suits and today it is vitamins.

If there is a button at the bottom of the page, it gets covered when I can't scroll anymore and it is quite troublesome.
qVhWRny.png
When I signed onto from main page a few minutes ago. The page froze and it showed that something that was s.tworismo.com was loading but it was flashing very quickly and continued to flash was not able to go anywhere or log out. Finally got out and restarted computer. Front page still had my info, was able to go to lair where I had to sign in on non www1 screen.
When I signed onto from main page a few minutes ago. The page froze and it showed that something that was s.tworismo.com was loading but it was flashing very quickly and continued to flash was not able to go anywhere or log out. Finally got out and restarted computer. Front page still had my info, was able to go to lair where I had to sign in on non www1 screen.
@Blowinginthewind: I'm sure you already have, but run your anti virus. That seemed like quite the malicious attack.
@Blowinginthewind: I'm sure you already have, but run your anti virus. That seemed like quite the malicious attack.
1qad2pq.jpg
@TaffertianTales
Thanks for responding. Just got your response. Am running scan now because I thought I was being silly worrying about it. Hopefully everything is ok/
@TaffertianTales
Thanks for responding. Just got your response. Am running scan now because I thought I was being silly worrying about it. Hopefully everything is ok/
There are Zales ads that continually hop to the left and right of the sidebar's ad space
There are Zales ads that continually hop to the left and right of the sidebar's ad space
ilyn9v.jpg
I keep getting redirected to 'wkwindowsflash' when using the site.
ping PARLAH not pariah.
Yeah, I did not know about pinging before I made my 'clever' username.
[quote name="PARlAH" date="2014-10-17 16:28:15"]I keep getting redirected to 'wkwindowsflash' when using the site.[/quote] This just happened to me too. It was trying to get me to "update" Adobe Flash and said I needed to do so to view the page, but it was very obviously nothing to do with Adobe at all (and my Flash is up to date). ETA: This keeps on happening - here's a screenshot: [img]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r158/cyropi/wkwindowsflash.jpg[/img]
PARlAH wrote on 2014-10-17 16:28:15:

This just happened to me too. It was trying to get me to "update" Adobe Flash and said I needed to do so to view the page, but it was very obviously nothing to do with Adobe at all (and my Flash is up to date).

ETA: This keeps on happening - here's a screenshot:

wkwindowsflash.jpg
jGwbSON.png30Pz6NF.png00IAez0.pngl4lZdvH.pngFwdclSC.pngY3E5lUz.png