Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How hard is it to find retired UMAs?
its a coin toss every single time, sometimes you look through your wishlist and find the accent for sale as you rush to form a project around it. sometimes you spend 2 years looking for one accent that was only sold once in that entire time. its not a lengthy grind by any means but you have to stay alert, its not something i'll miss when im gone that's for sure.

also checking in on sellers even if a post is a few months old can help, was able to grab an accent i skipped out on because the user never sold their copy.
its a coin toss every single time, sometimes you look through your wishlist and find the accent for sale as you rush to form a project around it. sometimes you spend 2 years looking for one accent that was only sold once in that entire time. its not a lengthy grind by any means but you have to stay alert, its not something i'll miss when im gone that's for sure.

also checking in on sellers even if a post is a few months old can help, was able to grab an accent i skipped out on because the user never sold their copy.
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
@MawkishMuse Unfortunately they're on my sentimental permas and not just sitting around but I'd be happy to send you in the direction of others that picked them up
@MawkishMuse Unfortunately they're on my sentimental permas and not just sitting around but I'd be happy to send you in the direction of others that picked them up
rf2tsx4.pngZs5ariW.pngaJj1GZH.png
I think the only time I've gone searching for old UMAs was back in like 2016, 2017, so definitely a lower amount of skins in general and a smaller site populous so, definitely a little easier, but even then they were only a year or two old. I think what I ended up doing besides going through the AH (at least as much as I could pre-revamp) and diving through the forums was to go look through the artist's shop and see who signed up for the original release, then message them (very politely) and ask if they still had a copy and if they'd be willing to part with it. Granted, this definitely might not work with super old accents, but that's exactly how I got the skin I have for Kaimana
I think the only time I've gone searching for old UMAs was back in like 2016, 2017, so definitely a lower amount of skins in general and a smaller site populous so, definitely a little easier, but even then they were only a year or two old. I think what I ended up doing besides going through the AH (at least as much as I could pre-revamp) and diving through the forums was to go look through the artist's shop and see who signed up for the original release, then message them (very politely) and ask if they still had a copy and if they'd be willing to part with it. Granted, this definitely might not work with super old accents, but that's exactly how I got the skin I have for Kaimana
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png
others have given some solid advice, and I'll say I've also had some luck via haunting the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1190072/1]Accent Trading Hub[/url] thread. its basically luck whether or not someones selling, but I have had good luck a few times! and perhaps flipside bc I cast a long and looming shadow over that thread occasionally ive found people who have wishlisted skins I have, and have gotten them their prints that way [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] so maybe posting in there if you havent already could help? also skimming your wishlist, I'd say you have a very solid chance of finding a few of these--im betting a couple will turn up by NotN if not during, user item exchange is super high around the holiday. generally speaking these artists often have higher print counts so the chance of finding a print isnt TOO low. a couple of exceptions I think are sleepybird and ss-lion roaring, tho; I HAVE seen those for sale before once or twice but I have seen them Way more frequently on wishlists, I think the chances for those are pretty low. NOT ofc that im saying to give up on em bc again I HAVE seen sales of them (I remember seeing lion roaring up and I ALMOST traded for it even tho I dont personally have a use for it, bc so many others wanted it I considered it a "golden ticket" to trade for something else I wanted from another player. I didnt do that but like just for an example of the demand vs supply) in addition a few times I've asked an artist how many prints they did/what capacity the skin was available in and theyve been like "oh I have a copy/I can reprint for you!" ofc im not saying one should Expect things to turn out so serendipitously, but its nice when it does [emoji=coatl winking size=1] such success stories for me include [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63142728]kimora[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70240827]tamiine[/url], and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78893499]shar[/url] EDIT: OH I forgot to mention, its very helpful if youre doing forum searches to have a quicklink for the forum search saved somewhere, like in a dragon bio, or perhaps in a wishlist thread in the quest/challenge forum. like for example, forum searches for sleepybird: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/search/forums?term=item%3Dskin%3A+sleepybird&poster=&topicid=&forum=&when=0&sort=recent&submit=Search+Forums]1[/url]/[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/search/forums?term=skin%3D27690&poster=&topicid=&forum=&when=0&sort=recent&submit=Search+Forums]2[/url] first one is for the name, second is for the skin ID number, both filtered for most recent. having a place where you can just click and it instantly shows you the forum search makes it way easier to check for sales daily, and thus I find it easier to keep up the habit of doing so! you can also put in an AH link if you do something like this bc I absolutely have found skins before that are on the AH but are NOT advertised in the forums
others have given some solid advice, and I'll say I've also had some luck via haunting the Accent Trading Hub thread. its basically luck whether or not someones selling, but I have had good luck a few times! and perhaps flipside bc I cast a long and looming shadow over that thread occasionally ive found people who have wishlisted skins I have, and have gotten them their prints that way so maybe posting in there if you havent already could help?

also skimming your wishlist, I'd say you have a very solid chance of finding a few of these--im betting a couple will turn up by NotN if not during, user item exchange is super high around the holiday. generally speaking these artists often have higher print counts so the chance of finding a print isnt TOO low. a couple of exceptions I think are sleepybird and ss-lion roaring, tho; I HAVE seen those for sale before once or twice but I have seen them Way more frequently on wishlists, I think the chances for those are pretty low. NOT ofc that im saying to give up on em bc again I HAVE seen sales of them (I remember seeing lion roaring up and I ALMOST traded for it even tho I dont personally have a use for it, bc so many others wanted it I considered it a "golden ticket" to trade for something else I wanted from another player. I didnt do that but like just for an example of the demand vs supply)

in addition a few times I've asked an artist how many prints they did/what capacity the skin was available in and theyve been like "oh I have a copy/I can reprint for you!" ofc im not saying one should Expect things to turn out so serendipitously, but its nice when it does such success stories for me include kimora, tamiine, and shar

EDIT: OH I forgot to mention, its very helpful if youre doing forum searches to have a quicklink for the forum search saved somewhere, like in a dragon bio, or perhaps in a wishlist thread in the quest/challenge forum. like for example, forum searches for sleepybird:
1/2

first one is for the name, second is for the skin ID number, both filtered for most recent. having a place where you can just click and it instantly shows you the forum search makes it way easier to check for sales daily, and thus I find it easier to keep up the habit of doing so! you can also put in an AH link if you do something like this bc I absolutely have found skins before that are on the AH but are NOT advertised in the forums
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
I don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said, but I wish you the best of luck in your searches! It took me two years of combing through so many forums, polite PMing,sheer luck, and maybe just a touch of overpaying, but I managed to get my hands on my dream skin

I don't really have much to add that hasn't already been said, but I wish you the best of luck in your searches! It took me two years of combing through so many forums, polite PMing,sheer luck, and maybe just a touch of overpaying, but I managed to get my hands on my dream skin

Orca | they/he
Please check dragon profiles for pronouns before mentioning them!
Best of luck! Honestly, persistence is one of the key components here. I have a habit of falling in love with older UMAs, and some of them took several years to find, but it's worth it in the end!

My best tip is searching ALL forums (using the search bar) and just search for "skin=###" and plug in the UMA number. You'll never know if it pops up in the item trades forum, skins/accents, auctions, or somewhere honestly unexpected.

I've managed to get a number of accents this way, even some older or highly popular ones! I've listed a few of my favorite acquisitions.

Best of luck! Honestly, persistence is one of the key components here. I have a habit of falling in love with older UMAs, and some of them took several years to find, but it's worth it in the end!

My best tip is searching ALL forums (using the search bar) and just search for "skin=###" and plug in the UMA number. You'll never know if it pops up in the item trades forum, skins/accents, auctions, or somewhere honestly unexpected.

I've managed to get a number of accents this way, even some older or highly popular ones! I've listed a few of my favorite acquisitions.

20119.png20118.png
@Shadowdancer OH NO, I didn't mean snatch the skins from you! I'm just appreciating the good luck and hope you bring to the thread, since you had some success finding low-print UMAs! ----- @bulrush The difficulty level definitely seems to vary from one UMA to another, but you're right, sometimes you just check in and it works out. Managed to get one today! Thanks for the support, and I'll try to keep checking whenever I can, even on older posts. Can't hurt to ask! ----- @Amaranth41 [i]Oof, the amount of digging that must've taken.[/i] But I'll keep it in mind for sure! It might be the only way to get to certain accents that don't show up well on searches, and the owners are no longer active. Gave Kaimana a like, too! ----- @RheoTastic The Accent Trading Hub is a great idea! I forgot about it, but I'm definitely going to hunt down a lead there. Thanks! If I can't find sleepybird or SS-lion roaring...that's okay [emoji=banescale laughing size=1] It's cool that you got to see a copy out in the wild, though! Most of the skins on my wishlist are "I just think it's neat" and kept around for artistic inspiration, but the ones in my priority box are the ones I actively need for project dragons. 100% using the AH/forum link idea and dedicating a whole dragon bio to this, it's GENIUS. Thanks so much for your time, you've been a huge help! ----- @Orcalot Thanks for the well-wishes! A Ysdaar skin is no small feat, and always a personal treasure. Congrats! ----- @Valikor Agreed about falling for older skins! Being able to search skins on the game database without realizing they're a 2-print custom from 1982 is the kind of power that gets us in trouble [emoji=banescale laughing size=1] I'm 100% going to expand my searches. Never thought of looking in odd corners like this! Congrats on your finds though, especially L'Immortelle and you're far away! Always been a daintyboots fan.
@Shadowdancer
OH NO, I didn't mean snatch the skins from you! I'm just appreciating the good luck and hope you bring to the thread, since you had some success finding low-print UMAs!
@bulrush
The difficulty level definitely seems to vary from one UMA to another, but you're right, sometimes you just check in and it works out. Managed to get one today! Thanks for the support, and I'll try to keep checking whenever I can, even on older posts. Can't hurt to ask!
@Amaranth41
Oof, the amount of digging that must've taken. But I'll keep it in mind for sure! It might be the only way to get to certain accents that don't show up well on searches, and the owners are no longer active. Gave Kaimana a like, too!
@RheoTastic
The Accent Trading Hub is a great idea! I forgot about it, but I'm definitely going to hunt down a lead there. Thanks! If I can't find sleepybird or SS-lion roaring...that's okay It's cool that you got to see a copy out in the wild, though! Most of the skins on my wishlist are "I just think it's neat" and kept around for artistic inspiration, but the ones in my priority box are the ones I actively need for project dragons. 100% using the AH/forum link idea and dedicating a whole dragon bio to this, it's GENIUS. Thanks so much for your time, you've been a huge help!
@Orcalot
Thanks for the well-wishes! A Ysdaar skin is no small feat, and always a personal treasure. Congrats!
@Valikor
Agreed about falling for older skins! Being able to search skins on the game database without realizing they're a 2-print custom from 1982 is the kind of power that gets us in trouble I'm 100% going to expand my searches. Never thought of looking in odd corners like this! Congrats on your finds though, especially L'Immortelle and you're far away! Always been a daintyboots fan.
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

I'd say it depends on the skin! Ones by people who are inactive/left make things harder :c

Know how that goes, there's a dream accent I want but the person's inactive and I haven't seen a copy of that accent for sale in years :c

Meanwhile I luckily managed to get copies of other dream skins because the creator decided to re-release them for a short bit.
I'd say it depends on the skin! Ones by people who are inactive/left make things harder :c

Know how that goes, there's a dream accent I want but the person's inactive and I haven't seen a copy of that accent for sale in years :c

Meanwhile I luckily managed to get copies of other dream skins because the creator decided to re-release them for a short bit.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
@MawkishMuse lol no worries but I can't take credit I'm just old and got in on the ground floor XD
@MawkishMuse lol no worries but I can't take credit I'm just old and got in on the ground floor XD
rf2tsx4.pngZs5ariW.pngaJj1GZH.png
Pretty damn hard. Even if you have lots of money, the unfortunate reality is that there is very little supply- a lot of people are unwilling to part with their UMAs or they could just be sitting in dead accounts. I quested this UMA for literal years- and I don't think it was a particularly exclusive one, just very old.

And if its a 10 print? Good luck. I own a couple of those and I sometimes stalk around to see what they are worth even though I don't intend on selling, and I haven't seen any for sale.

But don't lose hope, you never know when something will turn up! Definitely keep stalking the AH and lurking in accent sales and trading threads. I hope you find the ones you are after!
Pretty damn hard. Even if you have lots of money, the unfortunate reality is that there is very little supply- a lot of people are unwilling to part with their UMAs or they could just be sitting in dead accounts. I quested this UMA for literal years- and I don't think it was a particularly exclusive one, just very old.

And if its a 10 print? Good luck. I own a couple of those and I sometimes stalk around to see what they are worth even though I don't intend on selling, and I haven't seen any for sale.

But don't lose hope, you never know when something will turn up! Definitely keep stalking the AH and lurking in accent sales and trading threads. I hope you find the ones you are after!
hokaKWf.png