Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [DISCUSSION] Starward Secrets Mafia
[quote name="didistetter" date="2024-09-25 18:10:17" ] [quote name="nanimonai" date="2024-09-25 18:09:37" ] [quote name="didistetter" date="2024-09-25 18:04:55" ] [quote name="nanimonai" date="2024-09-25 18:03:20" ] That’s just it. My ability is nothing except weapon hit rate checking. I’m sorry but it’s the truth. [/quote] is it a lightning action or a night action [/quote] I asked in the day after you said you got an item… [/quote] i never claimed an item wut [/quote] SORRY I thought you were TSB… I mean Trashy.
didistetter wrote on 2024-09-25 18:10:17:
nanimonai wrote on 2024-09-25 18:09:37:
didistetter wrote on 2024-09-25 18:04:55:
nanimonai wrote on 2024-09-25 18:03:20:
That’s just it. My ability is nothing except weapon hit rate checking. I’m sorry but it’s the truth.

is it a lightning action or a night action
I asked in the day after you said you got an item…

i never claimed an item wut
SORRY I thought you were TSB… I mean Trashy.
lv36kkcr.png
[quote name="nanimonai" date="2024-09-24 20:01:20" ] [quote name="didistetter" date="2024-09-24 20:00:06" ] [quote name="TrashySockBasket" date="2024-09-24 19:58:23" ] Anyways I'm home from work now and will ponder y'alls opinions on who to snipe while I do my silly old people stretches and have a snack. I don't have to use it right away, but in this format it really does seem like the sooner the better???? I have paranoia about being ITA'd even with the syl claim. There's also a voice in my head that wonders if the item is fake/can backfire and kill me? This isn't a b.astard game last time I checked so that may just straight-up be paranoia on my part? [/quote] oh hm if its not a prize and someone gave it to you anything is possible i havent seen a role like that before on forums tho so im not sure neil would approve a counterfiet gun inventor [/quote] Based on Vivafairy already having fake poison... [/quote] [quote name="nanimonai" date="2024-09-24 22:09:23" ] @TrashySockBasket I trust you... I might have made myself sus because I really want to warn you about the gun... but whoever you choose to eliminate, I'll also ITA them as backup... [/quote] these were your posts about it this doesnt scream "i have info your gun is bad"
nanimonai wrote on 2024-09-24 20:01:20:
didistetter wrote on 2024-09-24 20:00:06:
TrashySockBasket wrote on 2024-09-24 19:58:23:
Anyways I'm home from work now and will ponder y'alls opinions on who to snipe while I do my silly old people stretches and have a snack.

I don't have to use it right away, but in this format it really does seem like the sooner the better???? I have paranoia about being ITA'd even with the syl claim.

There's also a voice in my head that wonders if the item is fake/can backfire and kill me? This isn't a b.astard game last time I checked so that may just straight-up be paranoia on my part?

oh hm

if its not a prize and someone gave it to you anything is possible

i havent seen a role like that before on forums tho so im not sure neil would approve a counterfiet gun inventor

Based on Vivafairy already having fake poison...
nanimonai wrote on 2024-09-24 22:09:23:
@TrashySockBasket
I trust you... I might have made myself sus because I really want to warn you about the gun...
but whoever you choose to eliminate, I'll also ITA them as backup...

these were your posts about it

this doesnt scream
"i have info your gun is bad"
zvcvVoW.gif
I thought you can’t reveal much about your role so I said it very deeply instead of straight up, I’m afraid of being modkilled for revealing my ability back then, until y’all asked me for it. It’s my first game after all
I thought you can’t reveal much about your role so I said it very deeply instead of straight up, I’m afraid of being modkilled for revealing my ability back then, until y’all asked me for it. It’s my first game after all
lv36kkcr.png
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-09-25 16:47:32" ] Okay, skimming their posts in thread - @bahamux has been doing a lot of blending, IMO. Like, yeah, I get asking what's going on with how quick this thread is going, but this feels like a whole other level. With the way that we've been steamrolling this game, I'd attribute that kinda behavior to a nervous wolf. Not wanting to stand out and get shot/invesed/voted/whatever else. [/quote] Interesting read you got there. Admittedly, my previous messages, especially those right before Day 2’s second ITA session, do seems like I’m coasting, blending, and sheeping, but I’m pretty sure that I’m confirmed for a few more days before the finger of suspicion gets pointed at me for Deepwolfing. And if this was the case, enabling me by sacrificing one or two Mafia right out of the gate is definitely not the right play. I will be confirming myself by helping town out through my night abilities, which shouldn’t be blocked because I’m definitely lower priority. I’m assuming that somewhere in the many pages the Town Investigatives have come to the realization that role claiming and such is fine at this point of the game due to how many Mafia are gone. At this point its unlikely that Mafia will be wasting resources on getting rid of a relatively useless ability compared to one that could expose them outright. This was why I came clean about my plan to 1F1 with Astropica while decreasing their ITA chance the previous night.
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-09-25 16:47:32:
Okay, skimming their posts in thread -

@bahamux has been doing a lot of blending, IMO. Like, yeah, I get asking what's going on with how quick this thread is going, but this feels like a whole other level. With the way that we've been steamrolling this game, I'd attribute that kinda behavior to a nervous wolf. Not wanting to stand out and get shot/invesed/voted/whatever else.

Interesting read you got there. Admittedly, my previous messages, especially those right before Day 2’s second ITA session, do seems like I’m coasting, blending, and sheeping, but I’m pretty sure that I’m confirmed for a few more days before the finger of suspicion gets pointed at me for Deepwolfing. And if this was the case, enabling me by sacrificing one or two Mafia right out of the gate is definitely not the right play. I will be confirming myself by helping town out through my night abilities, which shouldn’t be blocked because I’m definitely lower priority. I’m assuming that somewhere in the many pages the Town Investigatives have come to the realization that role claiming and such is fine at this point of the game due to how many Mafia are gone. At this point its unlikely that Mafia will be wasting resources on getting rid of a relatively useless ability compared to one that could expose them outright. This was why I came clean about my plan to 1F1 with Astropica while decreasing their ITA chance the previous night.
[quote name="nanimonai" date="2024-09-25 18:16:09" ] I thought you can’t reveal much about your role so I said it very deeply instead of straight up, I’m afraid of being modkilled for revealing my ability back then, until y’all asked me for it. It’s my first game after all [/quote] I am in the exact same boat. I kind of danced around it instead of being straightforward, which is why I'm being suspected now, I think.
nanimonai wrote on 2024-09-25 18:16:09:

I am in the exact same boat. I kind of danced around it instead of being straightforward, which is why I'm being suspected now, I think.
i have truly no idea what to do rn lol
i have truly no idea what to do rn lol
zvcvVoW.gif
okay i have to go work now so ill vote romlily because i still think i prefer a romlily/i2005 elim over nani and romlily has more votes, see you guys d3 ;;w;; sorry for my massive skill issue akdjfka
okay i have to go work now so ill vote romlily because i still think i prefer a romlily/i2005 elim over nani and romlily has more votes, see you guys d3 ;;w;; sorry for my massive skill issue akdjfka
rbffDAD.png
@romlily

if you are town, blocking off all non-kill (investigative/healing/protective) actions as per your description means you will be vulnerable to night kills.

town wincon is to eliminate all threats and in order to do that, town needs to make sure they can minimise town deaths and trap the wolves in boxes by using their abilities. the existence of your role is paradoxical to the majority wincon, and that's why i find it suspicious.

@romlily

if you are town, blocking off all non-kill (investigative/healing/protective) actions as per your description means you will be vulnerable to night kills.

town wincon is to eliminate all threats and in order to do that, town needs to make sure they can minimise town deaths and trap the wolves in boxes by using their abilities. the existence of your role is paradoxical to the majority wincon, and that's why i find it suspicious.

9wQxglT.pngo6Tbf9W.png onQoetT.pngOiUbXtl.png
ill sneak in and check thread again at :45, if you guys want to switch to i2005 ill help because im mostly indifferent between the two
ill sneak in and check thread again at :45, if you guys want to switch to i2005 ill help because im mostly indifferent between the two
rbffDAD.png
[quote name="nanimonai" date="2024-09-25 18:16:09" ] I thought you can’t reveal much about your role so I said it very deeply instead of straight up, I’m afraid of being modkilled for revealing my ability back then, until y’all asked me for it. It’s my first game after all [/quote] I highly doubt you will get modkilled for exposing your role, but the rules/description did warn that there are roles out there that can block/kill if they know your role (anticlaim). The only thing I’m truly worried about at this stage of the game is a third party role that has a alternate win condition that relies on guessing 3+ roles, killing those players if correct and winning.
nanimonai wrote on 2024-09-25 18:16:09:

I highly doubt you will get modkilled for exposing your role, but the rules/description did warn that there are roles out there that can block/kill if they know your role (anticlaim). The only thing I’m truly worried about at this stage of the game is a third party role that has a alternate win condition that relies on guessing 3+ roles, killing those players if correct and winning.