Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Revert the fathom secondary change
Put that thing back where it came from or so help me~
Put that thing back where it came from or so help me~
Looking for Dragons in these colors
Magenta/Orchid/Grapefruit for Aether, Light/Arcane/Lightning
immense support; quit making your customer base your primary source of QC. this is exhausting.
immense support; quit making your customer base your primary source of QC. this is exhausting.
nzqnkq.png
The "45 day limit" has always been for inconsistencies between different breeds hasn't it? So why is it being made a point that this change intended to make the breed more internally consistent is taking more than 45 days?

I think I prefer the new look regardless but it's still an odd point to see people making.
The "45 day limit" has always been for inconsistencies between different breeds hasn't it? So why is it being made a point that this change intended to make the breed more internally consistent is taking more than 45 days?

I think I prefer the new look regardless but it's still an odd point to see people making.
xxxx2advafB.png7TqribX.png xxxx it/its
skin shop
wishlist
xx art shop
adopts
scalemate adopts
no support. i like the change, it makes the dragons look nicer. they gave a warning in the appropriate areas that this change was gonna extend past the limit because off how intensive it would be.

the whole 45 day limit is a bad idea actually. it encourages crunch. 45 days isn't a lot of time. they wanted this breed out for us for the 11th anniversary, and that was gonna come with working fast.

updates and changes happen. its a game. things are overlooked until pointed out. the staff team isn't magic. they're humans. calm down.
no support. i like the change, it makes the dragons look nicer. they gave a warning in the appropriate areas that this change was gonna extend past the limit because off how intensive it would be.

the whole 45 day limit is a bad idea actually. it encourages crunch. 45 days isn't a lot of time. they wanted this breed out for us for the 11th anniversary, and that was gonna come with working fast.

updates and changes happen. its a game. things are overlooked until pointed out. the staff team isn't magic. they're humans. calm down.
Almandine Andesine Chrysoberyl Prehnite Jade

[quote name="Gemmi" date="2024-09-19 12:08:13" ] no support. i like the change, it makes the dragons look nicer. they gave a warning in the appropriate areas that this change was gonna extend past the limit because off how intensive it would be. the whole 45 day limit is a bad idea actually. it encourages crunch. 45 days isn't a lot of time. they wanted this breed out for us for the 11th anniversary, and that was gonna come with working fast. updates and changes happen. its a game. things are overlooked until pointed out. the staff team isn't magic. they're humans. calm down. [/quote] I don't think anyone's being particularly un-calm about it. It's a suggestions forum, people are making suggestions based on preferences, including myself.
Gemmi wrote on 2024-09-19 12:08:13:

I don't think anyone's being particularly un-calm about it. It's a suggestions forum, people are making suggestions based on preferences, including myself.
MUYNhfy.png
tn0RSo5.png
pZJYyk4.png
Lshkoju.png
gziv3Ja.png
optH9Kd.png
old-oaks-2.png
alilat-flipped-sig.png

hephaestus-sig.png
[quote name="Gemmi" date="2024-09-19 12:08:13" ]calm down.[/quote] Please actually respond to whoever needs to calm down instead of being generally vagueposty about it, that's not helpful. Nobody was [i]asking[/i] for the team to crunch. Still supporting.
Gemmi wrote on 2024-09-19 12:08:13:
calm down.

Please actually respond to whoever needs to calm down instead of being generally vagueposty about it, that's not helpful.

Nobody was asking for the team to crunch.

Still supporting.
tumblr_p9pv9yjwhn1w8xkufo5_250.png
Big support - on top of the change being made so late again when a lot of us spent treasure/gems to put certain genes because of the way they looked, it just looks bad. The wings look like the have been glued onto the dragon due to their completely different color from their body. A dragon's wing membrane [b]should not be[/b] the same colors at the actual "fingers", which are part of its body. Take a look at RL bats: the fingers/arms are a direct extension of its body. [img]https://smallscience.hbcse.tifr.res.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/bat1.jpeg[/img] Instead of the current change, the males should have been adjusted closer to the females, to be consistent within the breed. Please revert the change!!
Big support - on top of the change being made so late again when a lot of us spent treasure/gems to put certain genes because of the way they looked, it just looks bad. The wings look like the have been glued onto the dragon due to their completely different color from their body.
A dragon's wing membrane should not be the same colors at the actual "fingers", which are part of its body. Take a look at RL bats: the fingers/arms are a direct extension of its body.

bat1.jpeg

Instead of the current change, the males should have been adjusted closer to the females, to be consistent within the breed.
Please revert the change!!
YaLh2Os.png
I'm going to go ahead and hop on here to add my support; I liked the way it was before, even if I don't have any completed fathom females just yet. ^^' Edit: I've seen people talking about the bee secondary specifically, and I'd just like to say that it is one of the genes in particular that needs to be reverted. :/ I specifically wanted to use female pose for this guy because of how well the genes looked--now I really dislike the new bee design. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95730426][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=17&breed=16&element=10&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=148&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=135&auth=7301ec389627f255c1d0ef360a4f392e1a706ca6&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center]
I'm going to go ahead and hop on here to add my support; I liked the way it was before, even if I don't have any completed fathom females just yet. ^^'

Edit: I've seen people talking about the bee secondary specifically, and I'd just like to say that it is one of the genes in particular that needs to be reverted. :/ I specifically wanted to use female pose for this guy because of how well the genes looked--now I really dislike the new bee design.
dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=17&breed=16&element=10&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=148&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=135&auth=7301ec389627f255c1d0ef360a4f392e1a706ca6&dummyext=prev.png
Support. will already released genes that don't appear bugged ever just be left alone? It's exhausting, let inconsistentancies lie and honestly this is less consistent than it was before lolll. Good thing I didn't gene up my single Fathom yet, I was going to get two Gem genes and a Silo scroll for that dragon, don't think that I will now. At least I'll save the Gems... So sorry for everyone who already spent money :(

Honestly at this point, I think there should be a near-automatic system recompense/refund mechanism for the Gems spent on majorly changed genes that are ruined for people... Especially since, yanno, some people spent real money for certain aesthetic choices.
Support. will already released genes that don't appear bugged ever just be left alone? It's exhausting, let inconsistentancies lie and honestly this is less consistent than it was before lolll. Good thing I didn't gene up my single Fathom yet, I was going to get two Gem genes and a Silo scroll for that dragon, don't think that I will now. At least I'll save the Gems... So sorry for everyone who already spent money :(

Honestly at this point, I think there should be a near-automatic system recompense/refund mechanism for the Gems spent on majorly changed genes that are ruined for people... Especially since, yanno, some people spent real money for certain aesthetic choices.
__________________My Random Progen, Faendal Avatar Dragon
Dragonsona
Dragons For Sale
Autumncore
I enjoy being pinged :) I also like Stars on my dragons!
My Custom Progen, Iselene
support, this was a weird thing to change and doesn't make sense for consistency. it also just looks worse now. i don't care about the 45 day time limit but i do wish they'd release polls on these things or something... it would be one thing if i was in the minority here but there's no way to tell as it is. although i guess polls would only capture the opinions of people who use the forums. honestly they should just change things that aren't actually bugged less often
support, this was a weird thing to change and doesn't make sense for consistency. it also just looks worse now. i don't care about the 45 day time limit but i do wish they'd release polls on these things or something... it would be one thing if i was in the minority here but there's no way to tell as it is. although i guess polls would only capture the opinions of people who use the forums. honestly they should just change things that aren't actually bugged less often