Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Luck of the mums
I made a little “experiment” plan the first of July and it was that I was gonna gather for mums for all of the month until august to see how many I get.

And I’ll be honest I’ve been so unlucky lately in other aspects of the site- haven’t seen a good drop in the coli in months despite hours of fights, and I haven’t gotten a fathom scroll yet.

But I’ve gotten TEN mums so far and I think that’s… really good?? Most I’ve gathered was 3 in one day about two weeks ago and I got two today, stacked together. I think you can gather them in pairs or just by themselves.

Is this lucky? I’m gathering in water and I honestly feel that it gives me more than ice ever did when I assume they have the same rate everywhere.

How long did it take you to get to twenty mums? Or did you buy them all? (No shame, that’s how I got blossom for Lobelia, my undertide.)
I made a little “experiment” plan the first of July and it was that I was gonna gather for mums for all of the month until august to see how many I get.

And I’ll be honest I’ve been so unlucky lately in other aspects of the site- haven’t seen a good drop in the coli in months despite hours of fights, and I haven’t gotten a fathom scroll yet.

But I’ve gotten TEN mums so far and I think that’s… really good?? Most I’ve gathered was 3 in one day about two weeks ago and I got two today, stacked together. I think you can gather them in pairs or just by themselves.

Is this lucky? I’m gathering in water and I honestly feel that it gives me more than ice ever did when I assume they have the same rate everywhere.

How long did it take you to get to twenty mums? Or did you buy them all? (No shame, that’s how I got blossom for Lobelia, my undertide.)
xulc4O8.png
I too am also on the lookout for Pink Mums. On the bright side, it looks like I had some extras and managed to get Blossom from Swipp with it. However I am still foraging Ice and continue to plan to forage August and September (because Fire and Arcane are other areas I can forage for Pink Mums.

So far it looks like I have 3 in hand as I recently tried to swapp with Swipp and it mentioned needing 17 Pink Mums. I plan to forage for Mums again as I do think I will scry a dream Blossom Undertide as I already did Gaoler and am working on Dusthide (which I am still breeding for but I plan to also give silhoetee and reflection scroll making it one of the most expensive dream dragons to date outside veilspun)

Good luck foraging the rest of the month! I managed to get a pink mum today so that felt nice.
I too am also on the lookout for Pink Mums. On the bright side, it looks like I had some extras and managed to get Blossom from Swipp with it. However I am still foraging Ice and continue to plan to forage August and September (because Fire and Arcane are other areas I can forage for Pink Mums.

So far it looks like I have 3 in hand as I recently tried to swapp with Swipp and it mentioned needing 17 Pink Mums. I plan to forage for Mums again as I do think I will scry a dream Blossom Undertide as I already did Gaoler and am working on Dusthide (which I am still breeding for but I plan to also give silhoetee and reflection scroll making it one of the most expensive dream dragons to date outside veilspun)

Good luck foraging the rest of the month! I managed to get a pink mum today so that felt nice.
I kind of gathered half heartedly for a while because I wanted to max out all my gathering levels, and that got me to ten mums. Then I tried a bit harder and mostly didn't get any until I got four in one day. That was in Water too.

Then I bought the last four I needed because I ran out of patience. They were for Esmeralda.
I kind of gathered half heartedly for a while because I wanted to max out all my gathering levels, and that got me to ten mums. Then I tried a bit harder and mostly didn't get any until I got four in one day. That was in Water too.

Then I bought the last four I needed because I ran out of patience. They were for Esmeralda.
I was wondering if the drop rate was buffed or if I'd just been lucky - I was trying to get two Blossom parchments. The first one took months, the second one only took a few weeks.

Truly a bizarre swing in luck; I seemed to be finding them in pairs every few days near the end of my grind instead of waiting weeks between sightings.
I was wondering if the drop rate was buffed or if I'd just been lucky - I was trying to get two Blossom parchments. The first one took months, the second one only took a few weeks.

Truly a bizarre swing in luck; I seemed to be finding them in pairs every few days near the end of my grind instead of waiting weeks between sightings.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
this is probably a dumb question but what are mums? :'D
this is probably a dumb question but what are mums? :'D
@Chardano
I looked it up, I think they are referring to pretty pink mums which is a plant item that you can get through gathering. They are used in swipp swapp's stand for the gene blossom which is likely why they are valuable!
@Chardano
I looked it up, I think they are referring to pretty pink mums which is a plant item that you can get through gathering. They are used in swipp swapp's stand for the gene blossom which is likely why they are valuable!
MeowMeow I5YTNwA.png 3KUQQc0.png
@Chardano them little plants [item=pretty pink mums] rare to obtain
@Chardano
them little plants Pretty Pink Mums rare to obtain
p5Q2IRk.png
English is not my native language
@CherrySoot @218715 Gothca, thank you for enlightening me! :)
@CherrySoot @218715 Gothca, thank you for enlightening me! :)
I've been obnoxiously lucky with the mums lately tbh?? There's nothing else I'm looking for, so I'm just kinda. passively spending my gathering turns there since mums = money and I've gotten over twenty since May.

Def not complaining, though. Not the fastest way to earn money, but it sure pays off in the end!
I've been obnoxiously lucky with the mums lately tbh?? There's nothing else I'm looking for, so I'm just kinda. passively spending my gathering turns there since mums = money and I've gotten over twenty since May.

Def not complaining, though. Not the fastest way to earn money, but it sure pays off in the end!
___________________ 70571229.png adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Troll Hunters